Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43227 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
So the very first example, the 135lb cis-gendered woman kicked the crap out of the 200lb trans woman

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxBuKCvP1yE/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

But still, without knowing any of the details of the sport, cis women complaints here seem pretty valid IMO, assuming greater risk of injury (I don't really care if they lose). I don't know why the weight discrepancy is so great in that one match but it seems like weight classes could solve some of the complaints. :dunno:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:18:08 AM by michigancat »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also fwiw it looks like the organization banned trans women from competing in their female divisions. (I don't know why I looked into it, but i did)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The referrals to individual incidents where cis-gendered females beat trans females is just so cringe, but absolutely on brand for the anti cis-gendered female wing of #blueanongE

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The referrals to individual incidents where cis-gendered females beat trans females is just so cringe, but absolutely on brand for the anti cis-gendered female wing of #blueanongE

I got that "individual incident" from article you shared you silly goose :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know, it's your regular tactic and sad attempt to make a dumb point.  :thumbsup:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That’s bizarre if they don’t have weight classes. Although I will say BJJ is among the sports where no weight or strength difference will make up for a significant difference in skill.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That’s bizarre if they don’t have weight classes. Although I will say BJJ is among the sports where no weight or strength difference will make up for a significant difference in skill.

Interestingly on their website it looks like girls complete with boys fairly often, at least enough to have a note that it might happen:

If there are 2 or more girls in a division, we will create a separate division for the girls. If not, the female competitor will be given the option to compete with the male competitors.

https://www.nagafighter.com/rules-divisions/naga-divisions/

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That makes sense. They must just have trouble getting enough female competitors to have true divisions.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
MAGA could take a page from NAGA.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Yeah more like NAGA make it past the primary with that woke ideology

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Interestingly on their website it looks like girls complete with boys fairly often, at least enough to have a note that it might happen:

If there are 2 or more girls in a division, we will create a separate division for the girls. If not, the female competitor will be given the option to compete with the male competitors.

but i thought trans women are women?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

In my opinion, they are. Were you trying to quote another post?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also c43, I'd highly encourage you to watch the video of the trans girl who is a good example of who these laws are targeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=FdV9C1POjDeu6XEO&v=nJc4hxxdCJ8&feature=youtu.be

The crap dax shares is just dumb culture war nonsense. I'm sure the trans grapplers that need to fight against men will struggle but IMO that's worth it if kids like Ember can play sports as they are.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, this guest lays out what I was saying very well (I hadn't seen this before MiR shared it) - it's about when there are real "stakes" (money):

Starts at 35:45: https://youtu.be/h4WXnl_ND0Q?t=2144

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Pretty sure that is talking about women competing against men who identify as men.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Pretty sure that is talking about women competing against men who identify as men.

that is actually specifically about girls under the "Children and Teens" section.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
na, thought you were referring to transwomen as boys

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also c43, I'd highly encourage you to watch the video of the trans girl who is a good example of who these laws are targeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=FdV9C1POjDeu6XEO&v=nJc4hxxdCJ8&feature=youtu.be

The crap dax shares is just dumb culture war nonsense. I'm sure the trans grapplers that need to fight against men will struggle but IMO that's worth it if kids like Ember can play sports as they are.

I watched it. I have tons of empathy for the kid, and I agree that much of the culture war republican stuff is silly.

Rusty, is the main argument made in the video:
1. Ember isn't that good of an athlete so it doesn't matter
2. It's a rare situation, not that common so should be ignored
3. The girls on the team don't care that Ember is trans
4. Ember has been on hormones for a year so she is a girl now
5. The softball fields are crap so no one really cares about girls sports

Am i seeing that right?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I watched it. I have tons of empathy for the kid, and I agree that much of the culture war republican stuff is silly.

Rusty, is the main argument made in the video:
1. Ember isn't that good of an athlete so it doesn't matter
2. It's a rare situation, not that common so should be ignored
3. The girls on the team don't care that Ember is trans
4. Ember has been on hormones for a year so she is a girl now
5. The softball fields are crap so no one really cares about girls sports

Am i seeing that right?

I don't know that there's an argument being made?

But I think the biggest thing people should take away is that Ember is a brave, sweet, harmless kid who wants to play a game with her friends and be part of a community and republican politicians are trying to make that illegal because she is different.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, if those 5 things were your top takeaways, that's pretty disappointing

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, if those 5 things were your top takeaways, that's pretty disappointing

good grief dude.

MC: "CF3, watch this vid"
CF3: "ok man I'll give it a chance. I really would like to understand a perspective different from my own! Hey Rusty, it seems like here are some reasons the interview alludes to why this kid should be playing girls sports, am I seeing this right?"
MC: "Wow. That's really disappointing."

Literally the first thing in my post was I have empathy for the kid, and agree the 'pub culture war stuff is silly.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:38:56 AM by Cartierfor3 »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't understand why you're always looking for a gotcha moment with me. Feels similar to our exchange last week

CF3 what's your opinion on this cycling event in Chicago?
If I were involved I'd think it was unfair.
Maybe you should sit back and think about why you care about a random cycling event.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You're wasting your time engaging the anti biological female wing of #blueanongE

These are the same people who make trans people believe there's a genocide against them because some states banned on demand gender mutilation of minors

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dax, I'm fine. thanks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know you're fine, I'm just letting you know you're completely wasting your time with these people on this subject