Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 42442 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
A bit surprised to see more people opposing trans participation in non-sex-assigned at birth sports compared to 2021.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna88940
The anti-trans campaigns really didn't get going until like 2022 and they have been pretty effective. Plus Lia Thomas won the medal until 2022.

I saw that and thought the question sucked. Not all sports should have the same participation requirements
Also, I expect opposition to gay marriage to start to shift in a similar way as folks like libsoftiktok continue to have larger platforms
that would surprise me quite a bit.

It shouldn't. We are in a regressive era.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Did you hear about gays accused of being groomers between like 20 and 3 years ago?
Do you ever remember Pride Month getting this much blowback?

Republicans won't stop with anti trans crap, they'll come after gay marriage soon

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A bit surprised to see more people opposing trans participation in non-sex-assigned at birth sports compared to 2021.

The anti-trans campaigns really didn't get going until like 2022 and they have been pretty effective. Plus Lia Thomas won the medal until 2022.

I saw that and thought the question sucked. Not all sports should have the same participation requirements

Speaking of Lia Thomas, did you ask know her Ivy League record was broken a year later by a cisgender woman. I wonder why that didn't get any attention and why Riley Gaines didn't bother to mention it.

You know what else people feel differently about now than they did five years ago? Slavery and the Holocaust! Congratulations to conservatives think tanks for taking advantage of stupid people and intentionally misleading them to hate other people in hopes that it would make their shitty lives, better.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Did you hear about gays accused of being groomers between like 20 and 3 years ago?

Republicans won't stop with anti trans crap, they'll come after gay marriage soon
I mean the most popular Facebook poster in the world tweeted this today

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1668660203439419393

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

Also, I expect opposition to gay marriage to start to shift in a similar way as folks like libsoftiktok continue to have larger platforms

I have a hunch you would prefer to just (outwardly) dismiss it as the-sky-is-falling-isms, and then when it happens you’ll say “huh, well that’s definitely a surprise. Who’s feeling like Chili’s for happy hour?”

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I didn’t expect “this fairly steady ~30 year trend suddenly reversing course would surprise me” to be a particularly hot take

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I didn’t expect “this fairly steady ~30 year trend suddenly reversing course would surprise me” to be a particularly hot take
It isn't a particularly hot take, it's probably what most moderate Republicans will be telling themselves while they vote for DeSantis.

However, there is evidence of growing LGBT resentment. Evidence that you shared and said surprised you!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Any take that doesn't 100% demonize the other party is threat that must be terminated. This is culture war, and culture war is hell.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Personally I've never seen this amount of outward hatred for lgbtq people. Maybe it's just social media and the last gasp of a vocal minority.

Or maybe they are all just being silly gooses
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Yeah, it’s become really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Any take that doesn't 100% demonize the other party is threat that must be terminated. This is culture war, and culture war is hell.

lol with this both sides bullshit again

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

that's a fair point. When a political party's sole focus is on culture war issues - specifically the looming threat posed to your children by the lgbtq community - it is a bit of a head scratcher that the base would start to hate that group at an increasing clip. shrug emoji tho, right?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax is mad that he didn't get to be the genital checker

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, the fact that you only think it's one side proves that it's both sides. But don't worry, as an unbiased 3rd party observer I will show you the light.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, the fact that you only think it's one side proves that it's both sides. But don't worry, as an unbiased 3rd party observer I will show you the light.

Do you think "both sides" are equally wrong in the track meet case?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
seemed abusive to that cis girl competing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You spout this both sides stuff in issues like this, it's never fiscal policy. If it's your goal to make strangers feel like you're some unbiased observer, you're failing. I think your true motivation though is not trying to convince us but trying to convince yourself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I mean, adults demanding law that require visual genital inspection of children seem to be pretty damn new also.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I mean, adults demanding law that require visual genital inspection of children seem to be pretty damn new also.

Well, girls with penises is pretty new so it actually makes sense for that law to not have been on the books for long.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Link?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well, girls with penises is pretty new so it actually makes sense for that law to not have been on the books for long.

Define "pretty new".

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax is mad that he didn't get to be the genital checker
#blueanon is mad that in some states parents ripping the genitalia out of their children on demand or giving their 6 year old gender altering hormone therapy on demand is banned.

Also very ragey that adults sexing up the 5 year olds is frowned upon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Define "pretty new".

Also define girls with penises

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Will you be volunteering to inspect the genitals of children?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Real men don't "volunteer." They DEMAND. At track meets.