Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 42399 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean the bigger question in all of this of course is "are trans women women?" I'm a pretty firm no on that, so while you can have a lot of the societal and social aspects of womanhood, I'm sorry, there are some things that aren't for you. Honestly many of us will probably always disagree on that. I'm ok with not agreeing here.

I don't think the fact that your answer to the question I quoted was mainstream not that long ago (and really still is) means it's the right conclusion or that it isn't rooted in bigotry. How did you come to the conclusion that "trans women aren't women"?

Because I define a woman as an adult human female. How did you come to a different conclusion?

I will concede that the that how widespread a belief is isn't always correlated to its truthfulness. That's fair.

What kindness do "girls" lose if trans girls play sports with them?

A space for girls to compete against other girls in sports, without males, and all the benefits that come with that.

I have two middle school girls playing sports, what are these benefits that would be lost by participating with or against a trans girl?

Also do you actually know if your children are attending school with or participating in extra curricular activities with a trans child? I'd bet that you actually have no idea. This goes back to those idealized gender roles. You have a certain image of what trans people look like and that frequently isn't the case, particularly in children.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:35:47 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
I mean the bigger question in all of this of course is "are trans women women?" I'm a pretty firm no on that, so while you can have a lot of the societal and social aspects of womanhood, I'm sorry, there are some things that aren't for you. Honestly many of us will probably always disagree on that. I'm ok with not agreeing here.

I don't think the fact that your answer to the question I quoted was mainstream not that long ago (and really still is) means it's the right conclusion or that it isn't rooted in bigotry. How did you come to the conclusion that "trans women aren't women"?

Because I define a woman as an adult human female. How did you come to a different conclusion?

I will concede that the that how widespread a belief is isn't always correlated to its truthfulness. That's fair.

A space for girls to compete against other girls in sports, without males, and all the benefits that come with that.

I have two middle school girls playing sports, what are these benefits that would be lost by participating with or against a trans girl?

Also do you actually know if your children are attending school with or participating in extra curricular activities with a trans child? I'd bet that you actually have no idea. This goes back to those idealized gender roles. You have a certain image of what trans people look like and that frequently isn't the case, particularly in children.

I know of at least one kid in CF3 jr’s class who has identified as a trans boy since second grade. My boy is friends with the kid, they’ve been to our house.

So school- yes i know of several, at least one has been to my house and i know the mom. I wouldn’t say we’re friends- but we’re friendly- say hi at school events and junk.

Extra cuticular like sports- i guess I can’t be certain when playing other teams, but if one of the girls on our girls soccer or basketball teams is trans then they transitioned before age 4. I’d be pretty surprised.

The other main activity my kids do is piano. No idea.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't get how people don't have a general sense that this is the way these civil rights things go. It works the same way every damn time. The arguments are essentially the same every damn time. The anti-trans person now is playing the same role as the anti-gay person 30 years ago. Before that, the sexists and racists and whatever else. Why in the world would anyone want to anti- civil rights???

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

It probably started when I visited my best friend's sibling in the hospital after a suicide attempt early on in their in their transition when they were not receiving adequate support from their family or medical providers. In the 20 years since I've seen them go through the transition successfully (including surgery) and see the family embrace them and love them and everyone end up in a much better place.

I've listened and learned about the difference between biological sex and gender and data on the mental health ramifications of not supporting transgender youth when though I had seen it firsthand. I read threads like this:

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1377287133921116160

I have friends with children that transitioned and I saw how hard it can be for parents. My kids have trans and nonbinary friends and coach me on pronouns even when their friends aren't around. So I guess there's lots of reasons I came to that conclusion.

Also, what you described is biological sex and not gender, and your hard-line stance is intentionally ignoring how modern science and medicine treat transgender people.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I have 6 girls all playing sports in the Silver Lake area. 

A badass would have 7 in St. Mary’s.

Don't fly too close to the son

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Again, how does a MTF trans kid take away any sort of benefit? So far I've only seen you imply that trans girls will be more physically abusive than cis girls. Is there more than that I'm missing?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I dunno man. It’s the weekend. I’ll log on later and think about it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not explicitly sports related but this is where the "save girls' sports" movement leads

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1632254741077020674

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1632091259064950784

Absolutely vile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I have done no research, and this is the first I have seen of this, but I suspect that dude is going to say he is not advocating killing anyone and instead is saying that he advocates eliminating the acceptance of transgenderism, right?

Surely this is being escalated by the media, right?  RIGHT?!?!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have done no research, and this is the first I have seen of this, but I suspect that dude is going to say he is not advocating killing anyone and instead is saying that he advocates eliminating the acceptance of transgenderism, right?

Surely this is being escalated by the media, right?  RIGHT?!?!
Not exactly, he said it can't be genocide because the word genocide means it is based on genetics and transgender people are just making a choice

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm confused on how "save women's sports" leads to eradication.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
MAGA need a boogieman, and the current boogieman is a mixture of transgenders and drag queens.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

"Save women's sports" is the only reasonable-sounding argument these people have, so they trumpet it all the time to get people to support them making it illegal to be trans.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

"Save women's sports" is the only reasonable-sounding argument these people have, so they trumpet it all the time to get people to support them making it illegal to be trans.

that didn't answer my question. and I'm not sure who you're talking about.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

that didn't answer my question. and I'm not sure who you're talking about.

Just look at the posts above and below yours.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You can't call out our daily lunacy . . . #blueanongE

Imagine claiming you were part of a movement supporting women's rights, only to then line up and tell cis-gendered Female athletes that they have to just deal with it. 

Don't start bitching 1A high school girls team, get out there and play that game against that 6 foot 4 inch biological male!!  Figure it out, and just deal . . . #blueanon/#blueanongE

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

IMO, "save women's sports" doesn't lead to eradication rather it leads to further marginalization. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, but I cannot accept barring people from competition due to their identity.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I love that even dax's memes are paragraphs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

IMO, "save women's sports" doesn't lead to eradication rather it leads to further marginalization. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, but I cannot accept barring people from competition due to their identity.
I don’t think they would say it is identify that’s the problem, I think they would say it’s the big muscles and longer limbs and stuff, wouldn’t they?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
just when i think that fentynol will take over as the #1 boogieman for the MAGA, this topic keeps fighting back.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Nobody is being barred from competition due to their identity. Everyone has the option to compete in a sport regardless of their identity.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

I don’t think they would say it is identify that’s the problem, I think they would say it’s the big muscles and longer limbs and stuff, wouldn’t they?
if that's the criteria then i think they would have to set limits for all sports. Oh i'm sorry you're 6'7" that's too tall to play highschool basketball. Your wingspan is 6'6" fingertip to fingertip, you cannot be on the highschool swimming team.