Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 42405 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yes, I agree. I wish he would get over it and move on.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do get how someone who doesn't want to hear trans jokes would be upset about getting a bonus Dave Chappelle show before the show they actually signed up to see. It wouldn't bother me, but I can see how some people would get pissed off about that.
I saw Louis CK do a surprise set and I was pissed, both because he sucked and because he acted like it wasn't widely known that he jerked off in front of non-consenting women, he just went straight into his shitty material like he was right where he belonged.

Not really the same thing.  One is a comedian telling jokes you think are in bad taste and the other sexually assaulted multiple women.

Not the same thing to you. There are plenty of people who thinks there's nothing wrong with what CK did, even more who think that he's more that think he's paid an excessive price and he should be able to get on with his life.

All of this stuff is subjective, it's what's infuriating about people telling trans folks that they shouldn't be offended as if trans people are the only ones who have a line that can be crossed.

It's pretty clear that Chappelle got his feelings hurt by the initial backlash and now he's dealing with being hurt by telling shitty jokes and getting love from the Rogan crowd. He's a long way from the social commentary that used to piss off the same people who are now encouraging him. Hope this doesn't turn into a full Whitlock.

You're just agruing to argue.  Trans folks can absolutely be offended.  But it's extremely, objectively not the same.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do get how someone who doesn't want to hear trans jokes would be upset about getting a bonus Dave Chappelle show before the show they actually signed up to see. It wouldn't bother me, but I can see how some people would get pissed off about that.
I saw Louis CK do a surprise set and I was pissed, both because he sucked and because he acted like it wasn't widely known that he jerked off in front of non-consenting women, he just went straight into his shitty material like he was right where he belonged.

Not really the same thing.  One is a comedian telling jokes you think are in bad taste and the other sexually assaulted multiple women.

Not the same thing to you. There are plenty of people who thinks there's nothing wrong with what CK did, even more who think that he's more that think he's paid an excessive price and he should be able to get on with his life.

All of this stuff is subjective, it's what's infuriating about people telling trans folks that they shouldn't be offended as if trans people are the only ones who have a line that can be crossed.

It's pretty clear that Chappelle got his feelings hurt by the initial backlash and now he's dealing with being hurt by telling shitty jokes and getting love from the Rogan crowd. He's a long way from the social commentary that used to piss off the same people who are now encouraging him. Hope this doesn't turn into a full Whitlock.

You're just agruing to argue.  Trans folks can absolutely be offended.  But it's extremely, objectively not the same.

:dunno: Of course it's "objectively not the same," like no crap? Bigotry isn't sexual adult, duh. It's seems like you're trying to minimize one of those two things, by means of comparison. Did I misinterpret your point?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, I thought you said it was subjective.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The degrees of which there is perceived offense, yeah.

Did I misinterpret what you were saying by they're different? I read that as if you were saying that everyone should be offended by Louis CK jerking off in front of those women but Chappelle's repeated attacks on trans people isn't as bad, is that what you were saying?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Miss Teabaggins seems to be on a mission to find someone to hate.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I read that as if you were saying that everyone should be offended by Louis CK jerking off in front of those women but Chappelle's repeated attacks on trans people isn't as bad, is that what you were saying?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Yeah, c'mon Dave!  As a comedian I would think you would take this trans thing more seriously!  Get over it and move on to something else that us woke folk find funny!!

ppfffttt, lol!
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
come on that joke was reasonably funny

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Miss Teabaggins seems to be on a mission to find someone to hate.

Her twitter account reads like a woman whose man left her for a trans woman and she will never get over it. I think she hates trans women more than I hate bigots.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Yeah, c'mon Dave!  As a comedian I would think you would take this trans thing more seriously!  Get over it and move on to something else that us woke folk find funny!!

ppfffttt, lol!

I will still watch Chappelle and Louis, because I can compartmentalize the artist and the art, and I've long enjoyed their comedy. Having said that, Chappelle needs to find some fertile ground to plow, because whatever humor, if any, that existed w/ his trans schtick has been fully mined at this point, and he's turning into a Maher-style boomer.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Related to the original topic...

Semenya reflected on the 2009 world championships in Berlin, where she won the 800-meter title in dominant fashion as an 18-year-old newcomer at her first major international meet. But her performance and muscular physique led the sport’s governing body to insist the teenager undergo sex tests, causing a firestorm of controversy. Semenya said track officials from the governing body “probably” thought she had a penis.

“I told them, ‘It’s fine. I’m a female. I don’t care. If you want to see I’m a woman, I will show you my vagina. Alright?’”

Following her world title win, Semenya was forced by the international athletics federation to take medication that artificially lowered her naturally high testosterone if she wanted to compete against other female runners.

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-health-sports-caster-semenya-medication-9ac09233a724c7e6373be2bcc45c34e1

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I may be with you on this one, Wacks. There is such a simple solution for if you think a comedian tells idiotic or offensive jokes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
to netflix!

:cheese:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

ppfffttt, lol!

I will still watch Chappelle and Louis, because I can compartmentalize the artist and the art, and I've long enjoyed their comedy. Having said that, Chappelle needs to find some fertile ground to plow, because whatever humor, if any, that existed w/ his trans schtick has been fully mined at this point, and he's turning into a Maher-style boomer.

Yaaassssss queen

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1529090956498243587?s=20&t=iaHaLT3OhNq3ELopy5-DKQ

I will definitely watch. With anything else the "controversy" is in the eye of the beholder, and media outlets have a tendency to take some social media extremes and extrapolate those into something more

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm watching now, and it's clear to me Gervais is thumbing his nose at the comedy police. After the trans jokes, he says something about how the folks at Oxbridge are trying to write the rules of comedy. "You should always punch up. Never punch down. ... But sometimes you have to punch down, like if you're beating up a disabled toddler *makes gesture*" Oh, and he pretty much said word for word my comment about separating the artist from the art.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

ppfffttt, lol!

Yeah, for me it's more like he's double down on it all because it causes a stir, but end of the day it's just w/e, and I think your point of "fully mined" is the best way to put it. It's like Seinfeld's hatred of Bania because all he talks about is milk/Ovaltine. It's the same thing, and especially coming from a guy who's as prolific as Chappelle it's hard to see him lean into something that's just done played out.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People are acting like he based his entire set around transgender people but as far as I can tell he made one joke about his attacker as having a "gun that identified as a knife".  Doesn't seem like that's "all he talks about" on stage.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People are acting like he based his entire set around transgender people but as far as I can tell he made one joke about his attacker as having a "gun that identified as a knife".  Doesn't seem like that's "all he talks about" on stage.

His last Netflix special was mostly transgender jokes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That Ricky special was a huge nothing burger. Classic cancel culture.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That Ricky special was a huge nothing burger. Classic cancel culture.

I think the vast majority of people who like comedy are a-ok with comedians being offensive. It's just that Twitter amplifies dissenting voices, thanks to other media picking up the ball and running with it.