Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43416 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/JoelMBeall/status/1518961524135677953?s=20&t=s_Z7B68BrFjbsYXnLZljgw

What are you thoughts on the story, Wacky?
Why would I have an issue with this one? I had genetic females play up in my baseball leagues growing up that could throw 9 K’s a game. This is shitty! I think he’s a badass that should be able to play. There’s zero enhancements here in competition with genetics.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/JoelMBeall/status/1518961524135677953?s=20&t=s_Z7B68BrFjbsYXnLZljgw

What are you thoughts on the story, Wacky?
Why would I have an issue with this one? I had genetic females play up in my baseball leagues growing up that could throw 9 K’s a game. This is shitty! I think he’s a badass that should be able to play. There’s zero enhancements here in competition with genetics.

I got some news for you, bud.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm putting this here instead of the comedians thread because I know it would get moved right away, but are you all aware of the John Mulaney controversy from over the weekend? He did a show in Cleveland and Chapelle did a surprise opening for him. Chappelle once again told his trans jokes that aren't jokes at all. People are pissed because Mulaney hugged him on stage after and hasn't disavowed Chappelle's set. Worth noting that Mulaney was extremely popular in gay and trans culture.

My twitter account has been an absolute magnet for eggs, bots, and angry men with 10 or less followers.

Has Chappelle become unfunny and now is pandering to the LCD for clout? It's apparent that most of his loudest defenders now don't even watch him.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, I heard about it. Thought it was hilarious they were trying to cancel Mulaney based off association.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I heard the "trans joke" was that he was attacked with a gun that identified as a knife or something along those lines. Was there more to it?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's weird to me that Chappelle would open for anyone.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah that’s a bit of a red flag. Like was he just in the neighborhood or is he really having trouble getting a big venue to book him?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chapelle is random and helps out friends. He walked into the comedy cellar when I was there one time. He does what he wants, when he wants, like leaving his own show on a whim.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah that’s a bit of a red flag. Like was he just in the neighborhood or is he really having trouble getting a big venue to book him?
He literally announced he was doing a show in KC and it was sold out in minutes. That's not what's happening at all.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I heard the "trans joke" was that he was attacked with a gun that identified as a knife or something along those lines. Was there more to it?

Did he steal that joke from the Babylon Bee? Good grief

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also I've never thought of Mulaney as anything other than a straight white guy who likes Broadway. Never knew he had a rep as being a special ally or anything

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do get how someone who doesn't want to hear trans jokes would be upset about getting a bonus Dave Chappelle show before the show they actually signed up to see. It wouldn't bother me, but I can see how some people would get pissed off about that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Dave lives in Ohio
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yup, in a small town too. He does some of his Netflix specials from his Ranch.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do get how someone who doesn't want to hear trans jokes would be upset about getting a bonus Dave Chappelle show before the show they actually signed up to see. It wouldn't bother me, but I can see how some people would get pissed off about that.
I saw Louis CK do a surprise set and I was pissed, both because he sucked and because he acted like it wasn't widely known that he jerked off in front of non-consenting women, he just went straight into his shitty material like he was right where he belonged.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, and these are huge performers. Just put the name on the bill when the ticket gets sold so people who don't want to see it don't have it thrown in their faces, and the tickets would even sell for more money, so everyone wins.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, and these are huge performers. Just put the name on the bill when the ticket gets sold so people who don't want to see it don't have it thrown in their faces, and the tickets would even sell for more money, so everyone wins.
To be fair I was at the Comedy Cellar where tickets are only like $20 and they warn you that lineups are subject to change and you may see someone you might not like. I didn't like ask for a refund but it put me in a bad mood.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
At first I wasn’t thinking rusty quit being a bitch but then I thought if I went to a comedy show and then got ambushed by Dane cook spending an hour to tell a joke that could have been done in like 3 minutes I would have a pretty chapped ass about it

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I saw Louis CK do a surprise set and I was pissed, both because he sucked and because he acted like it wasn't widely known that he jerked off in front of non-consenting women, he just went straight into his shitty material like he was right where he belonged.

Not really the same thing.  One is a comedian telling jokes you think are in bad taste and the other sexually assaulted multiple women.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, and to be fair I don’t think the criticism is that these audience members were subjected to bad jokes. That would be dumb. They’re upset that it appears Mulaney invited the guy despite the fact that he is currently mostly known for the trans jokes.

My personal opinion is that I don’t really believe  any money I spend on artists or entertainers is an endorsement of their moral character, so in those situations I’d only be upset in the sense that I could have had a better time if someone funnier had opened.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, I heard about it. Thought it was hilarious they were trying to cancel Mulaney based off association.

"Trying to cancel," lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not really the same thing.  One is a comedian telling jokes you think are in bad taste and the other sexually assaulted multiple women.

Not the same thing to you. There are plenty of people who thinks there's nothing wrong with what CK did, even more who think that he's more that think he's paid an excessive price and he should be able to get on with his life.

All of this stuff is subjective, it's what's infuriating about people telling trans folks that they shouldn't be offended as if trans people are the only ones who have a line that can be crossed.

It's pretty clear that Chappelle got his feelings hurt by the initial backlash and now he's dealing with being hurt by telling shitty jokes and getting love from the Rogan crowd. He's a long way from the social commentary that used to piss off the same people who are now encouraging him. Hope this doesn't turn into a full Whitlock.