Author Topic: Apologize oscar  (Read 1283 times)

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Apologize oscar
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »
Apologize for the product on the court. :impatient:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Apologize oscar
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »
I cannot recall oscar Weber ever taking ownership of a mistake/failure/etc.   He probably has, and I haven't heard it.  Most coaches do take ownership and admit mistakes (e.g. Snyder does it all the time), so it's probably me that's wrong, but I sure can't recall it happening.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
I cannot recall oscar Weber ever taking ownership of a mistake/failure/etc.   He probably has, and I haven't heard it.  Most coaches do take ownership and admit mistakes (e.g. Snyder does it all the time), so it's probably me that's wrong, but I sure can't recall it happening.

I believe this is correct. He either makes excuses or blames the players.  Very losery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:47:17 PM »

I can't either.

Here's a primer:
“First, let me thank you for caring so very much about our football basketball family of which you are a tremendous part. And, please accept my apology for the manner in which we represented you on Saturday. I know you are pained by the outcome, as I am. I hope that you will appreciate our players for never giving up even in the face of such adversity and the loss of so many of their teammates. I am proud of them and must do a better job of preparing them than I did Saturday. Please know you are greatly appreciated and considered a major part of this football basketball family.”

Offline illinibri92

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
This is Feb 2012 redo for oscar. Good luck, fellas.... the postgame shows with oscar will start getting really interesting here on out....
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/2012/2/18/2808952/illinois-vs-nebraska-final-score-oscar-weber

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
This is Feb 2012 redo for oscar. Good luck, fellas.... the postgame shows with oscar will start getting really interesting here on out....
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/2012/2/18/2808952/illinois-vs-nebraska-final-score-oscar-weber

I believed the Illinois fans then, and I welcome you back now to tell these people "I told you so."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
Though, I knew what oscar Weber was as soon as he was hired at Illinois, when he disparaged Bill Self and held that shameful fake funeral.

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
You are right.
I cannot recall oscar Weber ever taking ownership of a mistake/failure/etc.   

I'm surprised Kellis took him at his word about the players choosing not to speak to the media.

Weber forbade them from contact after this game, too:

http://www.smilepolitely.com/culture/illini_players_are_ruining_it_for_coach_weber/

I linked that column here on the day Currie hired him. It's still apt today. If you could passive-aggressive your way into championships, Brooth would be undefeated.