Author Topic: If you recognize Kevin Keitzman for his work at ratings genius/best in the biz .  (Read 34362 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Time to manufacture another story then.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

I will gladly admit his genius if he can make another story up this time of year that will gather the listeners that his conf story did.

Especially given that:

1. Tiger is out indefinitely
2. Royals have a new "just give us more time" card given to them
3. Chiefs mini camp is a ways out
4. and he already burned the conf story

I bet he latches on to LeBron and/or another NBA story.  Just nothing else relevant right now.

If he can surprise me, given the above, I will jump on the band wagon.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I think it is our duty to collectively come up with a story and submit it to KK. The BITB's ratings will skyrocket and goEMAW.com will gain regional (and possibly national) publicity a short time later when it is revealed the entire groundbreaking story is the genius fabrication of elite message boarders in cahoots with the genius that is Kevin Keitzman.

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
Oh ye of little faith. The BITB will soon stoke the fires of the ticket scandal/FBI probe at UK. He's just popped the lid on the story so far. This could be the summer of Kietz.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Oh ye of little faith. The BITB will soon stoke the fires of the ticket scandal/FBI probe at UK. He's just popped the lid on the story so far. This could be the summer of Kietz.

pffft, that's every summer since he won a Kansas State 6A baseball title.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

I didn't want to list this one above and jinx it.

Way to go.  If nothing comes of the FBI investigation, it will all officially be your fault now.

Way to go.  :bitchslap:

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile

I didn't want to list this one above and jinx it.

Way to go.  If nothing comes of the FBI investigation, it will all officially be your fault now.

Way to go.  :bitchslap:

CHUM was right.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile

I will gladly admit his genius if he can make another story up this time of year that will gather the listeners that his conf story did.

Especially given that:

1. Tiger is out indefinitely
2. Royals have a new "just give us more time" card given to them
3. Chiefs mini camp is a ways out
4. and he already burned the conf story

I bet he latches on to LeBron and/or another NBA story.  Just nothing else relevant right now.

If he can surprise me, given the above, I will jump on the band wagon.

There's plenty of Tim Tebow watching going on. If you're interested I think there's even a thread about it on this board.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:31:02 PM by BigCat »
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
At what point does 610 just give up?

Let's review recent developments:  

*  They "win" the rights to the Royals, who have a couple of their worst seasons ever.  Then this year, on the most newsworthy event of the season so far (Hillman's firing), they are locked into network post-game and so can't cover the presser live.  Meanwhile, 810's all over it, and an hour afterward is already running a commercial on BTL that says, "When Trey Hillman was fired as manager of KC Royals, the only place you heard it live was on 810 WHB."

*  Their new afternoon host decides to take on BITB over BITB's story that Mizzou has been offered Big 10 membership.  Problem is, only way this can possibly harm BITB at all is if Mizzou doesn't go to the Big 10.  Even then, BITB has an out by saying Mizzou was offered, but chose not to accept.  The most likely result is that Mizzou is going to go, and at that point BITB is vindicated, while Nick mutters something about Mizzou not having had an "official" offer when BITB reported it.  However, no one cares, because a) it's a trivial, worthless point, and b) no one's listening to Nick.  Could Nick have chosen a *worse* strategy or battleground to take on BITB?  If he were the commander of an army about to fight, he'd pick the lowest ground possible and tell his soldiers to leave their guns back at camp.

*  Finally, although this isn't a recent development, 610 has to deal with the fact that despite KU hate for BITB, they can't lure KU listeners away from their obsession with chronicling every slight, perceived or real, by BITB against KU.

It's really not even a fair fight.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At what point does 610 just give up?

Let's review recent developments:  

*  They "win" the rights to the Royals, who have a couple of their worst seasons ever.  Then this year, on the most newsworthy event of the season so far (Hillman's firing), they are locked into network post-game and so can't cover the presser live.  Meanwhile, 810's all over it, and an hour afterward is already running a commercial on BTL that says, "When Trey Hillman was fired as manager of KC Royals, the only place you heard it live was on 810 WHB."

*  Their new afternoon host decides to take on BITB over BITB's story that Mizzou has been offered Big 10 membership.  Problem is, only way this can possibly harm BITB at all is if Mizzou doesn't go to the Big 10.  Even then, BITB has an out by saying Mizzou was offered, but chose not to accept.  The most likely result is that Mizzou is going to go, and at that point BITB is vindicated, while Nick mutters something about Mizzou not having had an "official" offer when BITB reported it.  However, no one cares, because a) it's a trivial, worthless point, and b) no one's listening to Nick.  Could Nick have chosen a *worse* strategy or battleground to take on BITB?  If he were the commander of an army about to fight, he'd pick the lowest ground possible and tell his soldiers to leave their guns back at camp.

*  Finally, although this isn't a recent development, 610 has to deal with the fact that despite KU hate for BITB, they can't lure KU listeners away from their obsession with chronicling every slight, perceived or real, by BITB against KU.

If BITB weren't really the BITB then he wouldn't be the BITB. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:28:18 PM by ksu_FAN »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

This one is the most amazing.  610, by their own admission, took the approach that they were going to completely sellout and embrace and obvious bias for KU.  They are a rights holder, but they take it WAYYYYYYYY farther than that.  Their approach was that they'd cater to the largest "fan" base in town and reap the benefit.   Hilarious that they can't even draw the KU fans by bending over backwards for them....they guy who KU fans hate is the guy that they keep in business.  Amazing.

Similarly, under the old Carl Peterson administration, they were the "the football channel," and attempted to get exclusive rights to chiefs info and Star reporters.  It back fired.  New administration comes in and now they are cozy with WHB. 

Seriously 610, last one out of the broadcast booth please hit the lights....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Keitzman has the easiest of easy outs on the mu story . . . he can claim it was "headhunter" types who contacted mu on behalf of the Big 10.  In these cases parties always want plausible deniability.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, BITB is crushing Alaskan King Crab legs with his lovely wife at the Grog & Galley and paying with Compton's money.

Dude hits a triple even when he is bunting.

The42Yardstick

GTSHOAT

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
How are we going to be able to keep him here in KC?  This guy has national syndication written all over him.

I dont think even he could fake interest in national teams/stories.  he's a KC guy through and through.  which is really what separates him from the rest.

Offline trumanorme

• Fan
    • View Profile
Dude hits a triple even when he is bunting.

I laughed. That is a classic. :cheers:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Nay, the fact that 810 WHB reaches my place offends me.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
How long till they fire him?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Doesn't he own the station?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who's going to fire him?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
While I think BITB is a huge dunce and what he said was super mumped up, I hate social media for this reason. Most of the people trying to get him fired right now (lol btw) are just a bunch of butthurt squawks that hate him because he's exposed their dear University over the years. Same people that drive his ratings and who will be listening in today.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can’t wait to tune in today!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
While I think BITB is a huge dunce and what he said was super mumped up, I hate social media for this reason. Most of the people trying to get him fired right now (lol btw) are just a bunch of butthurt squawks that hate him because he's exposed their dear University over the years. Same people that drive his ratings and who will be listening in today.
Counterpoint: The Dallas sports radio station I listen to was discussing this story this morning. They did not previously know who KK was, but to a man they agreed he should be fired. In fact, they presumed his firing was imminent. Squawks they are not.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Long Live the King

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]