Author Topic: Most fun year you've had watching ksu cat football?  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: Most fun year you've had watching ksu cat football?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »
The year we first beat Nebraska.

But there's been a lot of them.

This year was surprisingly fun.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »
1. 1998
2. 2012
3. 2011
4. 1997
5. 2000
6. 2003
7. 1993
8. 2002
9. 2016
10. 1995
11. 2017
12. 1999

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 09:07:11 AM »
1. 1998
2. 2012
3. 2011
4. 1997
5. 2000
6. 2003
7. 1993
8. 2002
9. 2016
10. 1995
11. 2017
12. 1999

how is 99 that low, when you have 98 that high?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »
1. 1998
2. 2012
3. 2011
4. 1997
5. 2000
6. 2003
7. 1993
8. 2002
9. 2016
10. 1995
11. 2017
12. 1999

Not to mention we haven't even played a game in 2017 yet.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
2011 had so many exciting games.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »
98' my senior year I graduated in December of 98' it was just a blast. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
I picked 98 because I believe that was the best K-State team OAT.

But reading other posts, its hard to pick "most fun" because so many seasons were fun for different reasons.

93 was about being good for really the first time. Beating OU, tying CU, getting to 9 wins and a bowl game. Everything was so surreal.

94-96 was about sustaining that success. Lots of quality wins in there, but we proved that 93 wasn't a fluke. Snyder was really building a national program.

97 was about taking another step, despite another Nebraska loss. We all saw the talent and especially how special Michael Bishop was as a player.

98 was about reaching heights we never dreamed about. Beating Nebraska. Undefeated regular season. #1 ranking. Stuff we never even dreamed about. Of course we all know how it ended, but the journey to that point was a special time to be a K-State fan. In my mind only the 2012 seasonin football and the 2010 season in basketball even come close. There is something about legitimately being in consideration for the national title, especially at a school that has never won one.

99-02 was just really good football that we all probably took for granted. We were successful enough that we thought this is where we'd be forever. So many good players and fun teams, every loss was crushing. We all just wanted to get back to that national title consideration and we never quite got back there.

03 was overcoming a rough stretch and winning the league, another accomplishment for our program that was unprecedented. That single game in destroying OU on that stage is tough to beat for a one game moment as a K-State fan. Up there with 2010 Xavier basketball.

11 was so unexpected. Most people weren't fully bought in for Snyder 2.0 and this brought us back. So many ridiculously close games and wins. In many ways, a once in a lifetime season just for that.

12 was being back as a national contender. I don't think anyone thought Snyder would bring us back to that point.

13 to now has brought some nice moments. I enjoyed Waters to Lockett immensely, and the surprise surge to end this year was very enjoyable. Not on par with many of those past seasons, but still some really good times as a K-State football fan.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »
2012 was soo much fun.. kicking the crap out of teams that were ranked on the reg was awesome especially winning huge games on the road on primetime national television.

I also loved the 1998 regular season and it put the cats firmly on the map but as a young cats fan that big 12 championship game just absolutely ruined me for a while.I remember talking lots of crap to the one Nebraska fan in my school at the time especially after we beat them. I remember him saying something snarky after us losing to a&m and I just couldn't muster up anything to say

2003 was more redemption based and gratifying imo, probably my favorite season of all time. they just were unreal after losing to okie state

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
97 - My first goalposts experience (vs Colorado).

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 12:04:42 PM »

Playing against Eastern Kentucky and barely winning that game, I came away depressed, thinking this was going to be a very bad K-State0 team. I had very low expectations for that team.

That was a fun ride.

This is exactly why it's 2011 for me.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
'03, being at the @NU and CCG @Arrowhead games were pretty damn fun games to be at.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »

I'm 99.99998% sure we didn't take the goalposts down against Colorado, ever. They were terrible that year and we were in the top 10.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
1. 1998
2. 2012
3. 2011
4. 1997
5. 2000
6. 2003
7. 1993
8. 2002
9. 2016
10. 1995
11. 2017
12. 1999

Not to mention we haven't even played a game in 2017 yet.

I don't know how that happened; I meant to put 2014 at#9 and 2016 at #11.

With regard to 1999: I didn't have that much fun watching the cats that year.  We were undefeated for a long time, but I never even thought we had a chance to win the north.  Plus, the hangover from the end of 1998 was still there for me.

1998 and 2012 were the most fun because we were in the mix to win it all from August through November.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47:57 AM »

I'm 99.99998% sure we didn't take the goalposts down against Colorado, ever. They were terrible that year and we were in the top 10.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1997/no-10-kansas-state-wildcats-take-over-no-2-spot-in-big-12-north/

The Buffs were heart-broken, disappointed, and angry. Said junior defensive end Nick Ziegler after the game, “I don’t want this to happen again. When their fans are tearing down goal posts and running over to our crowd to rub it in, it is heartbreaking for us to watch. I want us to be able to do the same thing next year in Boulder.”

I think it ended a sizeable streak of losses to the Buffs.  We wouldn't even consider doing the same thing to another team of similar record nowadays. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 07:53:49 AM »
*non-wins
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
Fun fact about 1999 that I think is true:  We didn't allow a single point in the 3rd quarter all year.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 08:38:24 AM »

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1997/no-10-kansas-state-wildcats-take-over-no-2-spot-in-big-12-north/

The Buffs were heart-broken, disappointed, and angry. Said junior defensive end Nick Ziegler after the game, “I don’t want this to happen again. When their fans are tearing down goal posts and running over to our crowd to rub it in, it is heartbreaking for us to watch. I want us to be able to do the same thing next year in Boulder.”

I think it ended a sizeable streak of losses to the Buffs.  We wouldn't even consider doing the same thing to another team of similar record nowadays. 

was that a night game and did we bring the goal posts up to the top of the old east side before deciding not to throw them off and instead brought them back down and out of the stadium and to aggieville?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »

was that a night game and did we bring the goal posts up to the top of the old east side before deciding not to throw them off and instead brought them back down and out of the stadium and to aggieville?

The goalposts were split into 3 pieces, I lost track of the sides but was helping carry the middle piece.  We walked it through the student union on our way to Aggieville.  I believe the other two pieces wound up there as well.  Someone suggested we cut it up for souvenirs...the police said we couldn't do that.  :cry:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »

2011 was really fun but it seemed like we were fools gold for a lot of it.  And then OU seemed to confirm that.  Weirdly, (outside of Baylor) the OSU game is the one I walked away from the most optimistic.  Even so, winning by the skin of our teeth every game made me wonder just how legit we were.

In 2012, especially after OU and WVU, it was apparent that we were legitimately nat'l title contenders and had a legit Heisman contender.  That's tough to beat.  I'm sure 98 was the same for you ancient people, but for a guy like me who isn't a billion years old, the week-to-week gravity didn't really resonate with me yet.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 11:32:43 AM »

I was on the field after that game.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 11:42:45 AM »
That's the year I stopped being  CU fan.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
has to be 2012. first year out of college, went to every game except baylor. was just a blast of a season except for the losses obvs.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »

2011 was really fun but it seemed like we were fools gold for a lot of it.  And then OU seemed to confirm that.  Weirdly, (outside of Baylor) the OSU game is the one I walked away from the most optimistic.  Even so, winning by the skin of our teeth every game made me wonder just how legit we were.

In 2012, especially after OU and WVU, it was apparent that we were legitimately nat'l title contenders and had a legit Heisman contender.  That's tough to beat.  I'm sure 98 was the same for you ancient people, but for a guy like me who isn't a billion years old, the week-to-week gravity didn't really resonate with me yet.

Yeah, and then we were exposed as a team that had no business playing for a nat'l title

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

Yeah, and then we were exposed as a team that had no business playing for a nat'l title
Sure, we weren't a top 2 team (the best two teams that year were Oregon/Bama).  But when they went down, all we had to do was take care of business and we'd have a very beatable ND in the NC.

It was an exciting time, Kim Carnes.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »
I mixed up my years. 2012.