Author Topic: I went to the bowl game thread (not official, other bowl games mentionable)  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
So I drove down to Houston with my girlfriend last Wednesday on a mission to attend two bowl games in one week, the other being the Citrus Bowl in Orlando on Saturday.

She being an LSU fan she offers to meet me halfway and we both wear purple at both games.   Me being someone who desires having a girlfriend I agree to this plan.

The KSU tailgating in Houston was kinda weak, many millennials around who did not care to speak with some strange bearded guy in his late 30s who talks too much about the 1990s LHC Bill Snyder.  NRG stadium has shitty parking and is in a sketchy area.   

Stadium is nice, our seats are near the top surrounded by many boring Aggie fans.  Most were families with their kids and all were glued to their smartphones the entire time, only stopping to whoop or something randomly.  Very strange people.

The KSU fans on the other hand that were there were all very attractive, fun and basically college football stud-fans.  Every shot on the jumbotron proved this, as all the A&M fans that were on there just stared forward in silence as if Jesus was staring at them knowingly about the masturbation session that almost took place in the hotel that morning.

LSU girlfriend agreed with all of these things, and even added that KSU band outclassed the A&M military weirdo band on all phases of halftime things.  I just drank my beer and smiled.  I like her.

Saturday in Orlando was very interesting as well.  I wore a blank purple shirt with a K-State hat and an LSU sticker on my face because that's what guys with LSU girlfriends do.  I'm not sure if the Citrus Bowl could advertise Buffalo Wild Wings any more than they did but I'm sure they're still trying.  I'll probably never eat at BWW again without getting into a cold sweat.   

LSU had a pretty good defense, they're fast.  Louisville on the other hand look like rough ridin' turds.  How they were ever ranked or won a Heisman I do not know.  I had to mention to LSU girlfriend that if they were in the Big 12 they would never have been mentioned on ESPN at all.  She looked at me with a "please don't let this be another SEC vs Big 12 rant again", so I just drank my beer and smiled.

We ended the trip with the LSU family in Baton Rouge and I got to see their campus and eat at Pastime, got their original Po Boy and it was pretty badass.

Thanks for listening.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:51:33 AM by Super PurpleCat »

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing S PC!
:adios:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Did KSU fans chant SEC to mock aTm after the game?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The KSU fans did that but the best was walking down the ramps at NRG after the game and everyone was chanting "WE OWN TEXAS".  Was glorious and almost made up for 98.   

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
Personally didn't think NRG was in too sketchy of an area - Rice Village isn't very far away. Agree completely with strange Aggie fans, they are a weird bunch.

My biggest issue was the game ended really late, and around 12:40am some dick in a golf cart came by and told we had to leave the parking lot as "there are no after parties". He was a real douche canoe about the whole thing. We really hadn't been out there very long to that point, just trying to drink some cold brews and relish in the W a bit...

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well I thought it was a bit sketchy as we purchased parking for a spot on some street and the parking wasn't there, so had to shell out cash for that Holiday Inn up the street.  I guess I just expected more.

I held the gf's phone and stuff while she went on the Houston Texans slide with the other small kids.  I got some "wtf" looks from the A&M men, I winked at them.  This is America, fools, we do what we want.

The golf cart crew was indeed weird.  And how about all those concentration camp type gates at NRG?  Bizarre.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
SPC have you ever been to Bayou Manchac?  How bout the Alligator Bar?  Would you mind submitting a DNA sample?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The name Bayou Manchac sounds like all the other weird words I heard out of people's mouths in Baton Rouge.  Don't remember going there but we did also go to George's under I-10.   Place was tiny but reminded me of Aggieville with pretty badass food.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you wearing blue suede shoes?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
Well I thought it was a bit sketchy as we purchased parking for a spot on some street and the parking wasn't there, so had to shell out cash for that Holiday Inn up the street.  I guess I just expected more.

I held the gf's phone and stuff while she went on the Houston Texans slide with the other small kids.  I got some "wtf" looks from the A&M men, I winked at them.  This is America, fools, we do what we want.

The golf cart crew was indeed weird.  And how about all those concentration camp type gates at NRG?  Bizarre.

Yeah I ubered so I didn't have to deal with parking, but they made it insanely difficult to do. The guy on the golf cart tried to tell me uber pickup/dropoff area was 1.2 miles away from the stadium. I laughed in his face. But those weird gates there mumped me. They literally have the entire parking area fenced off by like 8 foot high chain-link so you had to go back through those gates. Of course there wasn't signage so we walked way out of route too.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are you wearing blue suede shoes?

Gray canvas Vans.  You know, the ones Elvis used to skate with back in the day.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh crap, forgot to mention, as I was walking up our section with a new beer sometime in the 2nd quarter or so, some rando LSU fan dude yelled "HEY K-STATE GUY" at me.  I turned around and he was over in his seat and yelled "Great job kicking A&M's ass the other day, I really like Coach Snyder and hope you guys keep him forever".  I walked over there and talked to him a bit, at the end said "Go Tigers" and he clapped me on the shoulder hard enough to spill half my beer, said the next one was on him.  LSU fans were pretty rad.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a really long winded statement to yell at someone

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LSU fans like to talk.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
HEY SUPER PURPLECAT IF YOU HAD TOLD ME YOU WERE COMING TO BATON ROUGE I WOULD'VE MADE THE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTE DRIVE TO COME GIVE YOU A PURPLE HUG IN PERSON :curse:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
WELP

I GUESS I SHOULD BE DEMOTED FROM PURPLE HUG GIVER

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I've eaten at George's before. Good choice, SPC.

I can confirm that LSU fans are nice and like to talk.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LSU fans like to talk.

U said he was yelling though

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LSU fans like to talk.

I feel like in the south, you don't draw as much of a distinction.

The Big Train

Great coverage SPC  :thumbs:  :emawkid:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LSU fans like to talk.

It was talking, but loudly.