Author Topic: Will the Big 12 Issue a Statement  (Read 9407 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Will the Big 12 Issue a Statement
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »
Would have went to overtime without our best player. Take the 2 point L and call it a moral victory #oscar

Our best player this game was on the floor, he missed a three to win the game. DJamer didn't play much anyway.

He's not our best player, but we should go ahead and blame this L on white people huh you racist eff

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 11:31:31 PM »
Clearly the non-statement statement maker, who has some authority of the officials, watched the video. Rather than just say no comment, he takes an indefensible and patently absurd position regarding one of the oldest original rules of basketball.

:eek:

https://twitter.com/JayHeidrick/status/816511766297460736

:ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »
From the Big-12 non-statement statement, I note no one is to be accountable for performing at an acceptable level and the conference's lost credibility. Sweet.   

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »
Would have went to overtime without our best player. Take the 2 point L and call it a moral victory #oscar

Our best player this game was on the floor, he missed a three to win the game. DJamer didn't play much anyway.

He's not our best player, but we should go ahead and blame this L on white people huh you racist eff

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 11:56:34 PM »
Watch the replay. Should have been Cats ball side out of bounds with 2.2 seconds to play. OT is not assured.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
how do you defend a guy allowed to literally run to the basket from mid court?

you could get in his way a little.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »
how do you defend a guy allowed to literally run to the basket from mid court?

you could get in his way a little.

They did, don't be a dumbass, as usual, sys

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 12:43:21 AM »
not until he was 6 feet from the basket.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 12:54:29 AM »
not until he was 6 feet from the basket.

yeah, what on earth was The Flush doing?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 08:08:03 AM »
We missed an open 3 and can't play help d on a guy striking to the basket when tied with 5sec on the clock.  The very definition of not taking care of biz.  It's hard to be wrapped up in calls on this one, imo.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »
Wes bobbling that offensive board hurt way worse to me than the missed 3. I know that's a tough board with the angle it came at and his position, but it was right there.  :bawl:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 08:37:02 AM »
well obviously it was a huge win for ku
the way everyone rushed the floor you would have thought they won the national championship for once

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »
I can't complain about the last sequence defensively that much. We forced the ball away from KU's best guards to a poor ball handler and he made a mistake, it just didn't get called. Granted, he caught the ball going hard toward the basket, but if any of our players get too close/make contact its going to be a foul. Wes got caught helping toward Mason (which was the right thing to do), but still made a play at the ball 40 feet from the basket and the guy picked up his dribble and took 4 steps.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 09:38:54 AM »
Not saying DJamer is our best player, but I think even the refs noticed that he was unstoppable by the KU defense. He was calling for the ball every time down. When they fed him he delivered. Despite VERY limited minutes due to fouls, he had 10 points. If DJamer would've had a foul to give when he fouled out, and IF we feed him the ball at the end, we win.

Of course, if Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts . . .
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »

I can't complain about the last sequence defensively that much. We forced the ball away from KU's best guards to a poor ball handler and he made a mistake, it just didn't get called. Granted, he caught the ball going hard toward the basket, but if any of our players get too close/make contact its going to be a foul. Wes got caught helping toward Mason (which was the right thing to do), but still made a play at the ball 40 feet from the basket and the guy picked up his dribble and took 4 steps.

Unless oscar was counting on a steal on the inbounds (which he very well may have been doing) it was pretty poor. Any poor ball handler at that level can get the ball up the court and finish pretty quickly with basically no pressure on them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

Yes, the way the refs were calling the last few minutes we could not have gotten in front of him without getting a foul call. We made the last 10 seconds into a 50/50 chance of winning in the toughest road environment we're going to play in all year. Any other team in the top 10 would have been happy to be in our position.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »

Unless oscar was counting on a steal on the inbounds (which he very well may have been doing) it was pretty poor. Any poor ball handler at that level can get the ball up the court and finish pretty quickly with basically no pressure on them.

I think he rolled the dice on making someone other than Mason or Jackson beat us and it didn't work. (sort of)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »
In one sense, the strategy worked perfectly. An inferior ball handler turned over the ball. It just wasn't called.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »
In one sense, the strategy worked perfectly. An inferior ball handler turned over the ball. It just wasn't called.

Allegedly
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »

I don't think it's a given a foul would have been called.  It's practically tradition to "let them play" on these last second shots/possessions.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »

I don't think it's a given a foul would have been called.  It's practically tradition to "let them play" on these last second shots/possessions.

Yeah, but at AFH a foul absolutely would have been called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »
it's a bigger issue than the last play of the game.  big 12 refs suck ass and their shittyness was on display last night for the entire game.

we got like 3 calls in a row sometime in the mid-2nd half.  then they called 3-4 make up calls for ku to shut the crowd up.  it was so evident and stupid. 

reffing a game isn't easy and should be left to professionals, which these applefuckers certainly were not

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
it's a bigger issue than the last play of the game.  big 12 refs suck ass and their shittyness was on display last night for the entire game.

we got like 3 calls in a row sometime in the mid-2nd half.  then they called 3-4 make up calls for ku to shut the crowd up.  it was so evident and stupid. 

reffing a game isn't easy and should be left to professionals, which these applefuckers certainly were not

I certainly got this sense watching the game. It was as if they felt they had to call 25 fouls each half and were just trying to divide them up somewhat evenly.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 12:53:19 PM »

Yeah, but at AFH a foul absolutely would have been called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not so sure.

http://www.encyclonepedia.com/?p=1721

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »

Dead on, they were in over their heads. People get on Higgins but he has one of the best crews in the country, the moment is never too big for them. They were in Lubbock last night.