Author Topic: Cause a war over hacking.  (Read 26490 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Cause a war over hacking.
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party

This damn report is so vague!   :shakesfist:

I asked for a piece of evidence - not a baseless conclusion.

Dumb dumb request as already stated.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
Besides, eff Russia. Since when do we need evidence for that? This is the kind of crap Russia generally does. And some of the coding was uniquely Russian in nature on account of their mumped up language/keyboards. That's enough. eff Russia.

I agree with the eff Russia part. But I think it is important that the Obama admin and its media surrogates - the same ones bitching about "fake news" - are claiming the Russians somehow influenced the election in Trump's favor, and that appears to be false or at least completely unsupported at this point.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »
The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party

Evidence schmevidence. Saddam is building WMD. Because our intelligence community says so. It is known.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »
If you are advocating for a much less secretive govt, I am for it.

Also, I don't think anyone here is arguing about Russia because of the election outcome.  My concern is that if they did hack us, we need to do something about it for security reasons for both actual security concerns moving forward and for world perception issues.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »

Evidence schmevidence. Saddam is building WMD. Because our intelligence community says so. It is known.

So like Trump you know something they don't?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »

Also, I don't think anyone here is arguing about Russia because of the election outcome.  My concern is that if they did hack us, we need to do something about it for security reasons for both actual security concerns moving forward and for world perception issues.

Trickfucking a couple a dipshit dnctards using one of the oldest internet fishing schemes isn't "hacking", nor is it something we should spend actual resources investigating or trying to prevent. The dnctards should just be shamed into oblivian.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »
I think the biggest take away from this is that Libs clearly cannot handle or manage technology. 

Sad

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »
I just cant help but feel bad for the real hackers that could have extorted tons of money out of the dnc with this hack. the Russian government is taking food out of real hackers' babies' mouths.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2017, 08:09:25 AM »
I think the biggest take away from this is that Libs clearly cannot handle or manage technology. 

Sad

I think you mean "cyber".....or maybe "computer"?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »

Trickfucking a couple a dipshit dnctards using one of the oldest internet fishing schemes isn't "hacking", nor is it something we should spend actual resources investigating or trying to prevent. The dnctards should just be shamed into oblivian.

Or maybe there should be stronger regs about how govt, and related entities, conduct electronic comm?  That would be moving forward .

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2017, 08:16:56 AM »

Or maybe there should be stronger regs about how govt, and related entities, conduct electronic comm?  That would be moving forward .

We should start by just making all of their communications public. Then we could end there, too.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »

Trump should do this, and put Hillary in charge of drafting the regs.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:16 AM »
That would be consistent with many of his other appointments

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »

Sad

I think you mean "cyber".....or maybe "computer"?

Nope all technology.   Can't secure servers, don't know how to block or handle phishing attempts, can't black malware or discover malware, clearly don't get password security, can't lock down networks . . . pretty much everything. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2017, 11:29:07 AM »
Luckily the new administration knows more than anybody on computers....Well his 10 year old son at least.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »
Luckily the new administration knows more than anybody on computers....Well his 10 year old son at least.

If you're following Federal Standards, you're a lot less likely to have issues.   When you place an unsecured server in a shitter closet, or your password is "password", all bets are off.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »

If you're following Federal Standards, you're a lot less likely to have issues.   When you place an unsecured server in a shitter closet, or your password is "password", all bets are off.

This is part of what I am saying.  Stronger regs and stronger punishment.  Actually write the reg that specifically says that all electronic comm has to go through govt servers, make those servers much easier to use, make those servers as secure as possible.  Treat ppl that act outside of those regs as you would anyone who violates hard copy confidentiality. 

Do all this now, regardless of who hacked, if FSD thinks its hacking, or who got hacked.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »

This is part of what I am saying.  Stronger regs and stronger punishment.  Actually write the reg that specifically says that all electronic comm has to go through govt servers, make those servers much easier to use, make those servers as secure as possible.  Treat ppl that act outside of those regs as you would anyone who violates hard copy confidentiality. 

Do all this now, regardless of who hacked, if FSD thinks its hacking, or who got hacked.

Pss, if you're a Joe Six Pack Federal Worker, you have to sign off every year saying you're going to follow all Fed IT Regs which pretty much include all the stuff you just mentioned and a lot more.   Violations are up to termination and/or criminal prosecution.    "Tough" Regs are already in place.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »

Pss, if you're a Joe Six Pack Federal Worker, you have to sign off every year saying you're going to follow all Fed IT Regs which pretty much include all the stuff you just mentioned and a lot more.   Violations are up to termination and/or criminal prosecution.    "Tough" Regs are already in place.

Make them less general.  I mean, if the regs were what they need to be Hill wouldn't be where she is.  I remember this specifically being addressed when her email hit the fan.  Evidently the regs don't disallow what she did and there were past precedent.  Resolve both of those issues right now.  Also, and this is govt wide, breaking rules needs to actually be met with punishment, regardless of where the national attention span and/or entertainment interest lies(not holding my breath, I know).

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »

You are responding to arguments that aren't occuring. We've all determined lots of dumbassery has occured by those people.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
Yeah, I know CNS is a useful idiot and all, but does he really not think the Fed's IT policy doesn't explain how to identify a fishing scheme created circa Netscape navigator?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »

That should apply to all...Not just Joe six pack. The top of organizations are the targets and usually the biggest offenders.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
Yeah, I know CNS is a useful idiot and all, but does he really not think the Fed's IT policy doesn't explain how to identify a fishing scheme created circa Netscape navigator?

I would be shocked if it did.  Maybe you could find a review of it from an obscure website that ends with a politically partisan opinion so that we could review that and know the truth?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »
What standards are you referring dax/FSD?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2017, 12:38:52 PM »
What standards are you referring dax/FSD?

Federal IT regulations, which would have been applicable to Hillary as SOS.

The DNC is obviously different, but they clearly didn't even get IT Security 001, so, ya know.