Author Topic: What Almost Was....  (Read 3863 times)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What Almost Was....
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:07:04 PM »
1998 Big 12 title game When Kansas State was one game from unthinkable national title (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2heUciF

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

The Big Train

Re: What Almost Was....
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »
Go eff yourself. manpow5

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
ESPN and A&M can go eat a giant bag of aids dicks. :shooturmouth: :Flipped off x2:
Dax fan club member!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 12:52:56 PM »
Go eff yourself. manpow5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
Bishop: The fumble doesn't bother me. One fumble didn't take all the success I had on the football field. I know I left everything on the field that day.

:cry: :bawl:

He says the right thing but I bet deep down inside when he's all alone in his bed and can't fall asleep his mind goes back to 3rd and 6 at the TWA dome.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
Nguyen: They were the best team in the country. We played UCLA the year before. We had played Florida State earlier that season. K-State would've beaten that Tee Martin Tennessee team.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »
Go eff yourself. manpow5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas to you too

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
I envy the me who lives in the alternate universe in which Bishop took a knee when he got the first down.  :Crybaby:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »
I love remembering how amaze that team was. Needed a + RB tho.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 04:00:59 PM »
Well this just ruins X-MISS for me!  It's clear to anyone watching Sir Parker's TD that he was short of the pylon.  To bad they didn't review back then.  We get mumped on calls all the time.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
I love remembering how amaze that team was. Needed a + RB tho.

They were amazing to watch that year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »
rough ridin' Mike Stoops, he and Venables lost that rough ridin' game for us.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
why did espn post this on their cfb front page - on xmas day no less - 18 years after it happened (and not even on the anniversary)? the article didn't even mention we're playing a & m in a bowl game this week. wtf

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
I'm declaring open season on Jake Trotter
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
Jake trotter is the heir to the OKC garage door kingdom. also his voice is hideous

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »
Be thankful you were able to enjoy that season. I was on patrol in the North Atlantic until after the bowl game. Got to read about it on AP wire reports.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
why did espn post this on their cfb front page - on xmas day no less - 18 years after it happened (and not even on the anniversary)? the article didn't even mention we're playing a & m in a bowl game this week. wtf

As Texas A&M and K-State prepare to meet this week in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl, below is a behind-the-scenes look of that famed '98 Big 12 title game, through the words of the players and coaches who lived it:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

As Texas A&M and K-State prepare to meet this week in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl, below is a behind-the-scenes look of that famed '98 Big 12 title game, through the words of the players and coaches who lived it:

good catch, trim. post-truth world, tho

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
Mega A+ source:   K-State for some inexplicable reason (Stoops-Venables) changed a bunch of stuff on defense late in the season.   

Why  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »
Mega A+ source:   K-State for some inexplicable reason (Stoops-Venables) changed a bunch of stuff on defense late in the season.   

I also have an A+ source on this. If you can ever stomach watching the game again ask about yourself what the hell is going on with our consensus all-america linebacker.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 05:54:17 PM »

I also have an A+ source on this. If you can ever stomach watching the game again ask about yourself what the hell is going on with our consensus all-america linebacker.

as someone  of low fb iq but old enough to remember all these games, i would like the meaning of this post made explicit. perhaps in a dm.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »

as someone  of low fb iq but old enough to remember all these games, i would like the meaning of this post made explicit. perhaps in a dm.

We changed our scheme and it significantly lessened the effect of one of the best defensive players in school history, there were several snaps he wasn't even on the field for. Its been a while but I think I remember seeing that Jeff Kelly played less snaps in that game than he did any other against a ranked opponent that season.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

We changed our scheme and it significantly lessened the effect of one of the best defensive players in school history, there were several snaps he wasn't even on the field for. Its been a while but I think I remember seeing that Jeff Kelly played less snaps in that game than he did any other against a ranked opponent that season.

again, genuine question...the coaches did this because...?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

again, genuine question...the coaches did this because...?

You'll have to ask them that, I have no idea, but we definitely didn't run the 4-3 nearly as much as we had to that point and part of that involved sitting our all-american linebacker. I'm not accusing them of malice, just stupidity. Malice was them working for OU from our offices during prep for that game and the bowl.