Author Topic: gen ed  (Read 585 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
gen ed
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: gen ed
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »
He must love all the anti-college circlejerks that take place on reddit.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »
College is not four everyone.  Gen ed ain't for every feller ither.   But boy, bird flipping transcends eDucational levels, race, income status, and employment.  Most Bird flippers have no flare.  This guy is  K State trained bird flipper.  He can sell his services as a Uberflipper.  He could become famous if trump hired hin to salute Ogonner and Hilloser.   Should we  have a bird flipping degree?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
That guy has a point, but everything else is wrong.  I mean, in specialized degrees there are quite a few bullshit gen ed reqmnts that you won't use in your work.  However, you could easily fill those with things that would be useful to you as a well rounded individual, which is what the whole idea is anyway.

However, I think a very serious idea moving forward would be to not require gen ed in degrees.  For example, there is no reason I should have had to take any english/comp outside of technical writing.  I also shouldn't have been required to take Chem, most of the biz classes(more of a statement on quality than relevancy), any george clark class(although fun, not needed), etc.

All that said, that kid has no authority on any of this after one semester and no practice as a pro in any field.  The T-shirts will sell well for a while.  I mean, maybe they catch on nationally and the college debt frustration equates to a couple years of ppl willing buy a shirt.  That will fade before long and he will be a guy selling tshirts(the ppl I know that do that do that on the side because they don't make a living doing it).  Maybe he can catch fire enough to make enough money to bank roll his return to college?

This was a very good way to sell some short term t's, though.