Author Topic: #thetruth  (Read 14142 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: #thetruth
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2016, 11:59:22 PM »
I see your point, I'm not quite sure it's exact, as you yield. I'm ignorant here, but did he leave Iowa before being fired; more of a Frank Haith leaving Mizzou because he knew his firing would happen sooner rather than later so just quit now?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2016, 08:20:16 AM »
McNeck is doing well at Creighton and will probably get another shot at a P5 at some point.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
McNeck is doing well at Creighton and will probably get another shot at a P5 at some point.
Not fired for being a loser.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2016, 07:46:57 PM »
Also, I'm fine with so called "reach" hires versus hiring someone for being a proven failure. 

Has anyone found an example of a P5 coach who was canned for being a loser who went on to have success somewhere else?  Seems like all the good second chance stories are because of recruiting, academics, or rough ridin' a cheerleader.

oscar Weber
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »
Not fired for being a loser.

Pffffttt
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
It felt shitty to me when Frank got the job because Huggins had mumped us over and his buddy was then benefiting from it.  But it was nonetheless the obvious correct move b/c of the players we'd get that could turn the whole thing around and really no risk.  If it had failed spectacularly it'd just be another shitty (but interesting!) year of KSU hoops to go along with the prior decade + and we'd be in the same spot of having to get a non-Huggs tree coach.

A lot of similarities to the basis for taking a flyer on Gottlieb, post-Frank.

i was the opposite.  do anything you had to do to keep grcoat.  didn't care who our coach is or who benefitted from it.

the grcoat bbsing era was the golden age of the bloging-o-sphere and was largely fueled by stunner and fatty.  they were so incredibly over the top in love with that team, the recruits, and the staff at that time.  those two set the tone that we've all latched onto and carry on to this day.

fatty's dalonte hill themed roller coaster tycoon park :love:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
#thetruth
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2016, 09:33:51 PM »
pretty much my life's greatest regret is not bbs'n back then

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2016, 09:41:21 PM »
yeah that really sucks.  i'd spend my time working on a time machine or something.  could make you a little extra dough on the side and you could time travel to back then and bbs.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »
will report back in the handyman thread

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »
It felt shitty to me when Frank got the job because Huggins had mumped us over and his buddy was then benefiting from it.  But it was nonetheless the obvious correct move b/c of the players we'd get that could turn the whole thing around and really no risk.  If it had failed spectacularly it'd just be another shitty (but interesting!) year of KSU hoops to go along with the prior decade + and we'd be in the same spot of having to get a non-Huggs tree coach.

A lot of similarities to the basis for taking a flyer on Gottlieb, post-Frank.

i was the opposite.  do anything you had to do to keep grcoat.  didn't care who our coach is or who benefitted from it.

That's the same as me.  I was 100% in on promoting Frank for the recruits regardless of how it was effectively allowing Huggins to run our AD after just kicking us out of bed.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2016, 11:20:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27JvePHWdME

Greatest ever or greatest thing ever? I'd hire Frank 10 times over to make this happen.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 01:17:30 AM »
Ok here is the deal.  Being a student at KSU Cats U,  the things I hate about oscar are that no one and I mean no one on my floor in the dorm, Marlatt 4 has absolutely zero interest in Brucketball.  Me and 3 other guys go to the games out of everyone on my floor.  It's pretty rough ridin sad to see what has came out of this program since Frank.  Our SOS is hot garbage and I wish we could schedule more exciting non cons like OU or OSU who both played the Wheat shockers this non con schedule.  It would be fun but we can' t because we have been ripped apart and had to essentially start over within the last couple of years. I drove up for the games over thanksgiving break and the student section was 4 rows strong and they didn't check for ICAT bands which is crazy to me.  I feel like if this team gathers some conference wins then we will have more purple people in the #OOD but right now the state of KSU Bball all depends on what is next in the upcoming stretch. I have faith in these players because I have seen good things from them but the mistakes made so far need to change and fast because conference play is approaching very quickly.  I plan on attending every home game in the #OOD this season and supporting this year's squad but if Oscar needs to leave then so be it but I will enjoy the highs and  hate the lows just like with any other team.  I love goEMAW and yeah some people come here to bbs (me included)  but this is how I feel and I am proud to be a student here.  This team can build from the success it had last year like knocking off #1 OU and the "close" UNC game but they need to step up,  make free throws and have confidence moving forward otherwise the Oscar train will derail as we have seen in the past.
 #thetruth 
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2016, 04:07:32 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27JvePHWdME

Greatest ever or greatest thing ever? I'd hire Frank 10 times over to make this happen.
:love: :love:

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
Ok here is the deal.  Being a student at KSU Cats U,  the things I hate about oscar are that no one and I mean no one on my floor in the dorm, Marlatt 4 has absolutely zero interest in Brucketball.  Me and 3 other guys go to the games out of everyone on my floor.  It's pretty rough ridin sad to see what has came out of this program since Frank.  Our SOS is hot garbage and I wish we could schedule more exciting non cons like OU or OSU who both played the Wheat shockers this non con schedule.  It would be fun but we can' t because we have been ripped apart and had to essentially start over within the last couple of years. I drove up for the games over thanksgiving break and the student section was 4 rows strong and they didn't check for ICAT bands which is crazy to me.  I feel like if this team gathers some conference wins then we will have more purple people in the #OOD but right now the state of KSU Bball all depends on what is next in the upcoming stretch. I have faith in these players because I have seen good things from them but the mistakes made so far need to change and fast because conference play is approaching very quickly.  I plan on attending every home game in the #OOD this season and supporting this year's squad but if Oscar needs to leave then so be it but I will enjoy the highs and  hate the lows just like with any other team.  I love goEMAW and yeah some people come here to bbs (me included)  but this is how I feel and I am proud to be a student here.  This team can build from the success it had last year like knocking off #1 OU and the "close" UNC game but they need to step up,  make free throws and have confidence moving forward otherwise the Oscar train will derail as we have seen in the past.
 #thetruth 
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wooly-esque

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2016, 12:02:56 PM »
So is #thetruth that our game is on TV today or no?  I don't see it anywhere

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
CBS sports network

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2016, 12:30:46 PM »
CBS sports network

Someone got a link? Please.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »
:love:

https://twitter.com/kstatembb/status/810181285498888192

how is there footage of sneed against Colo State in this
CGI or am I nuts
Pretty sure that was just a shot of him vs another green team from this year

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
CBS sports network

They might have a streaming app, _fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
Or if you guys need my Time Warner account, just let me know.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »
CBS sports network

They might have a streaming app, _fan.

I don't think it would matter, I don't get the channel with my cable.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
But I do, friend :cheers:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire