Author Topic: #thetruth  (Read 14137 times)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#thetruth
« on: December 10, 2016, 11:49:24 PM »
This team is an NCAA tourny bid team.  They will get a bid.  They might not make i past the first round (see Maryland) but we'll still have oscar next year.

The worst hurt will be losing to Brad, Bob, and Lon.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: #thetruth
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »
Schedule is bad

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:09:33 AM »
This team is an NCAA tourny bid team.  They will get a bid.  They might not make i past the first round (see Maryland) but we'll still have oscar next year.

The worst hurt will be losing to Brad, Bob, and Lon.

Agree on losing to Brad, Bob and Lon. Disagree on a tourney bid. Something will go wrong. That's life with oscar.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 12:19:36 AM »
Schedule is bad

a decent team was done no favors.  it's really quite fun.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:26 PM »
Schedule is bad

At some point there needs to be some acknowledgement over what they have done to the teams on the schedule. This is absolutely different than what Wooly's teams did against bad schedules.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »
Schedule is bad

At some point there needs to be some acknowledgement over what they have done to the teams on the schedule. This is absolutely different than what Wooly's teams did against bad schedules.

This feels and sounds right, I'd like to see the analysis done by one of our more trusted EMAWers with time on their hands.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »
Schedule is bad

This feels and sounds right, I'd like to see the analysis done by one of our more trusted EMAWers with time on their hands.

Wooly's best OOC.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »
Schedule is bad

Wooly's best OOC.

Thanks. What season was this? oscar is definitely faring better than that in our current run through the bottom of the barrel in the noncon.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 01:27:15 PM »
That was Wooly's NIT bubble season in 2005.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Schedule is bad

Wooly's best OOC.

Exactly what I thought, thanks. Wooly played a D2 school in January  :ROFL:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 01:56:56 PM »
Rutgers was the free hot dog game right?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
Rutgers was the free hot dog game right?

Yes.

According to Wooly at the time, the CMSU game happened because the Cats had a high profile opponent lined up that fell through late. Wooly then asked his old school to fill the void; CMSU had just inducted him into their HOF the year before.

Offline StarsBravesKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »
Schedule is bad

Wooly's best OOC.

Was hoping that matchup with Denver U was during 6-time Mr. Olympia-winner Phil Heath's tenure with the team...it was 3 years after.  Damn, really makes that win a thousand times less impressive.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
Schedule is bad

Wooly's best OOC.

2 more top 100 wins than oscar will have.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm jacked about playing in the ncaa tourn-a-ment.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 08:42:27 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm jacked about playing in the ncaa tourn-a-ment.

It would be a lot of fun. I'd like for DJamer and Wes to get a shot.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 09:24:05 PM »

first, wes and DJamer already played in the ncaa in 2013. wes even started. second, i confused wooldridge's best non-con with asbury's 98-99 - a team that i was really psyched about after their maui invitational showing. my god, how the years pass, and how terrible that whole era of cat bball was.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
Schedule is bad

Wooly's best OOC.

2 more top 100 wins than oscar will have.

That's your takeaway?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 10:40:39 PM »

first, wes and DJamer already played in the ncaa in 2013. wes even started. second, i confused wooldridge's best non-con with asbury's 98-99 - a team that i was really psyched about after their maui invitational showing. my god, how the years pass, and how terrible that whole era of cat bball was.

Yeah, I meant to type "another" shot.

That loss to Indiana in 98 was a heartbreaker.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 11:15:24 PM »
When one is googling these people to see who hired and fired whom, this thread on this very blog comes up: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=20490.0

Anyway, the same AD hired and fired Asbury, and hired Wooldridge.  A different AD fired Wooldridge.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »
This is not a tournament team.  oscar will be back anyways :horrorsurprise:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 10:46:49 AM »
I think it will be very difficult for oscar to keep his job if we don't make the tournament. This conversation becomes difficult to have on gE because 95% of the posters on here have lost all objectivity on this subject. If we don't make the tournament but have considerable forward momentum then he stays and deserves to do so. The CBI or CIT isn't good enough. We'll need to see a couple of big wins and more importantly big crowds at Bramlage. I don't think Currie will have any tolerance for thousands.of empties in February.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »
I think it will be very difficult for oscar to keep his job if we don't make the tournament. This conversation becomes difficult to have on gE because 95% of the posters on here have lost all objectivity on this subject. If we don't make the tournament but have considerable forward momentum then he stays and deserves to do so. The CBI or CIT isn't good enough. We'll need to see a couple of big wins and more importantly big crowds at Bramlage. I don't think Currie will have any tolerance for thousands.of empties in February.
Good rational post here.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 11:12:57 AM »
I think it will be very difficult for oscar to keep his job if we don't make the tournament.

The scenario you then laid out doesn't seem difficult at all, especially when Currie can influence the narrative on the momentum/attendance concepts, and to date, has shown he wants to inflate them positively. 

If we don't make the tournament but have considerable forward momentum then he stays and deserves to do so. The CBI or CIT isn't good enough. We'll need to see a couple of big wins and more importantly big crowds at Bramlage. I don't think Currie will have any tolerance for thousands.of empties in February.

It'd be awkward if he were to cite lack of progress and down attendance when nobody's been a bigger proponent of kstatembb success in those fields than himself.  However, he could shut down an NIT berth and then cite lack of being in a "major" tournament as the dealbreaker.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »
Good rational post here.
I have a difficult time participating in most of the men's basketball threads because of your second statement.  I want to discuss things separating what I think from what I feel.  I am not a Weber fan, but I can discuss his positives as well as his negatives.