Author Topic: The Dean we've been Wade-ing for; Prairie View ADV  (Read 4053 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Dean we've been Wade-ing for; Prairie View ADV
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »

If we are going to play such a terrible team I suppose its good that a) Wade had a really good game and b) we continued to shoot it well.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Dean we've been Wade-ing for; Prairie View ADV
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:40:10 AM »
Santie Claws!  He sees them when they are sleeping.   He knows when they being bad.  So he claws the other guys really bad.  You better cry and you should weep cause Claws is going to make you die and bury you deep.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:12:04 AM »
The guards have done a very good job with finding seams tp get into to create wide open 3s, its fun to see.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 01:22:16 AM »
We started a little sluggish on offense, 5-13 FGs with 5 TOs in 19 Poss.

But at one point, we scored on 12 straight and 17 of 19 Possessions. We hit 8 3s in the run.
I can't recall in the past 11 years, that we ever scored on 12 straight Poss.

We  weren't real great defensively the 1st half (mainly the final 8:00 of the half). 2nd half was pretty good, especially when 1 of their makes was a 30 foot shot as the shot clock was getting ready to expire.

FT shooting wasn't good again. Going 13-23 meant little in this game, but it will mean something when B12 play gets here.

DJamer the last 3 games and Dean the past 2 games.... Their play getting me a little excited.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 06:34:02 AM »
Finally we get the b2w action we have all desperately been looking for
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:31 AM »
The guards have done a very good job with finding seams tp get into to create wide open 3s, its fun to see.

It has been very fun to watch. It will be interesting to see if we have the capability of doing that against league competition.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »
pv a&m's coach was good.  they held the ball every possession of the 1st and kept it close. 

our turnovers are going to be a big problem for us.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 08:29:37 AM »
pv a&m's coach was good.  they held the ball every possession of the 1st and kept it close. 

PVAM defense actually looked pretty good 1st half.  'Cats looked half-asleep 1st half.  Those 2 factors kept if pretty close at first.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »

PVAM defense actually looked pretty good 1st half.  'Cats looked half-asleep 1st half.  Those 2 factors kept if pretty close at first.

yes, the 2-3 zone and holding the ball slowed the game way down.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 08:41:26 AM »

Its a good move. 1st year coach trying to win at one of the worst D1 programs in the country. They've finished <300 2 times in the history of kenpom.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »

Ben Boyle wasn't very happy about it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
why doesn't Sneed play more?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 10:56:04 AM »

Its a good move. 1st year coach trying to win at one of the worst D1 programs in the country. They've finished <300 2 times in the history of kenpom.
:horrorsurprise:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 10:57:46 AM »

I think most of it is that he's Wes's back up at the 3 with a few minutes at the 4, and Wes plays a lot. Stokes, Brown, and Ervin have played pretty much all the minutes at 1 and 2. oscar has to figure out a rotation to get him some more minutes, probably mainly at the 4 in smaller line ups, but then he's got to juggle Wade and whether or not Wade can give us effective minutes at the 5. Even DJamer is playing 60% of the time. Clearly, Sneed needs to be on the floor more, hopefully he'll bump up to 60% minutes by Big 12 play.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 11:10:54 AM »

I think most of it is that he's Wes's back up at the 3 with a few minutes at the 4, and Wes plays a lot. Stokes, Brown, and Ervin have played pretty much all the minutes at 1 and 2. oscar has to figure out a rotation to get him some more minutes, probably mainly at the 4 in smaller line ups, but then he's got to juggle Wade and whether or not Wade can give us effective minutes at the 5. Even DJamer is playing 60% of the time. Clearly, Sneed needs to be on the floor more, hopefully he'll bump up to 60% minutes by Big 12 play.

ah. seems like you should just play your best players but what do I know. It isn't like Brown, Stokes and Ervin are some kind of dynamos who deserve all the time at the 1 and 2.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »
I want a rotation that features these two line ups for the majority of the game:

stokes         stokes
brown         brown
Westicles        Westicles
sneed          sneed
wade           DJamer

Ervin needs to see as few minutes as possible, Maurice is our third best big on a team with limited bigs.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »

ah. seems like you should just play your best players but what do I know. It isn't like Brown, Stokes and Ervin are some kind of dynamos who deserve all the time at the 1 and 2.

True, especially Ervin. I would want my most efficient scorer on the court at least 2/3 of the time.

I want a rotation that features these two line ups for the majority of the game:

stokes         stokes
brown         brown
Westicles        Westicles
sneed          sneed
wade           DJamer

Ervin needs to see as few minutes as possible, Maurice is our third best big on a team with limited bigs.

Agree.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 11:22:28 AM »
Maybe have Ervin get bigger-boned and make him a Budke-ish undersized big?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »
this thread man.  i feel like i'm reading a bunch of kindergarten art teachers trying to describe and understand the genius of paul cezzane.  you want to understand cezanne?  just remember that the fruit are literally falling off of his paintings. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »
I liked Patrick's stroke on his 3 and would like to see him get some of Ervin's minutes too

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
Deathbite, Honcho
Flush, Dogbite, Swampthing
Westicles, Honcho, Hot Horndog, Hunch
Claws, Bullnuts
DJamer, Claws, xWhomper

Offline StarsBravesKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
I liked Patrick's stroke on his 3 and would like to see him get some of Ervin's minutes too

Let him take all of em.  I'm sure Carlbe the Third (as the fill in PA guy accidentally called him last night) is a nice dude, but he was the worst Cat on the floor by a huge margin against a terrible team last night. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »

Agree. Sneed is playing just under 50% of the minutes right now, and we need him to be getting 60% of the minutes. Coming off the bench, if he doesn't play the first 5 minutes each half, that means he is on the court for 24 (maybe 25) of the other 30 minutes. I'm cool with that.

If Wes plays 30, that means 14-15 of Sneeds minutes will be with those 2 at the 3/4 Spots.
That still leaves 25-26 minutes for Dean at the 4.  At times, maybe he can even see some minutes at the 5 (especially if DJamer is in foul trouble)

We just need to play Maurice as a backup to DJamer right now, and only see minutes at the 4 if Wade is in foul trouble.  Thus, all the minutes at the 4 can go to Sneed and Dean

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »

Agree. Sneed is playing just under 50% of the minutes right now, and we need him to be getting 60% of the minutes. Coming off the bench, if he doesn't play the first 5 minutes each half, that means he is on the court for 24 (maybe 25) of the other 30 minutes. I'm cool with that.

If Wes plays 30, that means 14-15 of Sneeds minutes will be with those 2 at the 3/4 Spots.
That still leaves 25-26 minutes for Dean at the 4.  At times, maybe he can even see some minutes at the 5 (especially if DJamer is in foul trouble)

We just need to play Maurice as a backup to DJamer right now, and only see minutes at the 4 if Wade is in foul trouble.  Thus, all the minutes at the 4 can go to Sneed and Dean

Dean and DJamer should take all the 5 man minutes. The 4 can be split between Dean. Sneed Wes and Maurice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »

Dean and DJamer should take all the 5 man minutes. The 4 can be split between Dean. Sneed Wes and Maurice.

Asking Dean to play the 5 anymore than 5 mpg is asking for trouble.