Author Topic: Best wins of LHC Bill Snyder Era  (Read 7927 times)

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Best wins of LHC LHC Bill Snyder Era
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
I moved to Manhattan as a 6 year old in '92 when my parents were attending KSU for their PHDs.  Lived at the closest Jardine apartment to the stadium where it was right next to the parking lot of the stadium.  For the next 8 years, I would sneak into every home game (football and basketball) and watch my favorite cats play.  Thank God it was a different time back then and kids didn't need 24/7 supervision.  Basketball games were fun too because they always gave out free pizza, and who's not going to give free pizza to a hungry 6 year old.

Also went to elementary school with Whitney Snyder, and she'd have the football players come to the school to sign autographs and stuff, which was awesome.  First football player I met was JJ Smith.  I remember him signing my trapper keeper :)

Then went to KU instead of KSU because KSU did not have the program I wanted to major in.  Nevertheless, while at Lawrence, I could only cheer for KSU and only be a KSU Fan.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Re: Best wins of LHC Bill Snyder Era
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
KU '95 is way up there.  Little KU buddies left stadium at halftime enraged.
[/quote)

Bill's best wind breaker ever............

Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
I moved to Manhattan as a 6 year old in '92 when my parents were attending KSU for their PHDs.  Lived at the closest Jardine apartment to the stadium where it was right next to the parking lot of the stadium.  For the next 8 years, I would sneak into every home game (football and basketball) and watch my favorite cats play.  Thank God it was a different time back then and kids didn't need 24/7 supervision.  Basketball games were fun too because they always gave out free pizza, and who's not going to give free pizza to a hungry 6 year old.

Also went to elementary school with Whitney Snyder, and she'd have the football players come to the school to sign autographs and stuff, which was awesome.  First football player I met was JJ Smith.  I remember him signing my trapper keeper :)

Then went to KU instead of KSU because KSU did not have the program I wanted to major in.  Nevertheless, while at Lawrence, I could only cheer for KSU and only be a KSU Fan.
Mods, Take this to the "Shameful Acts" thread!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Best wins of LHC Bill Snyder Era
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Interested to know how you would sneak in.  :bwpopcorn:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
I lived in Jardine (r-30 represent) from like 90-92 and they would just open the gates at halftime
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2016, 08:40:42 PM »
As a small town SW KS kid I did not have a preference between KU and KState in 95.

It was my first K-State fan experience. I decided about a month before that game I was going to K-State. Day before the game I went to RTs Sporting Goods in Garden City and got a K-State new era track suit. Me, my gf, and my future K-State roommate ate some Bionic Burger during that game and EMAWed our faces off.
Anyone remember K-State - 10 Dan Eichloff - 9. A lot of fun for an 8th grader

A windy day and, if I recall correctly, Eichloff missed some crazy ass long FG attempt just before the first half ended.