Author Topic: Deja-oscar; Maryland ADV  (Read 6806 times)

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Deja-oscar; Maryland ADV
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 11:39:36 PM »
I'll agree you can't blame oscar for missed free throws and botched in-bounds plays, but can you blame him for it being that close to begin with?

Botched in-bounds plays are drawn up by coaches, which they run in practice, run by coaches.  This is all coaching, especially in year 4.

JFC, do you really think the coaches asked that dude to try to throw that ball off of someone's ass?

Picking one play to advance your agenda isn't a solution.  I'm taking everything into consideration when making observations, maybe you should do the same.

Oh! Did I miss another botched inbounds play that you could be referring to?

Since you are considering this one game as the blueprint, yes, you are missing 4 years worth of plays.  Not surprising you can't see past this rant you have conjured.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 11:40:31 PM »
Missed the first half, why didn't Sneed play I the second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 11:43:15 PM »
Missed the first half, why didn't Sneed play I the second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think mainly because he was pretty terrible tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »

do you really think the coaches asked that dude to try to throw that ball off of someone's ass?

were they out of timeouts?

At that point, no. We had one left.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 12:02:00 AM »
I'll agree you can't blame oscar for missed free throws and botched in-bounds plays, but can you blame him for it being that close to begin with?

Botched in-bounds plays are drawn up by coaches, which they run in practice, run by coaches.  This is all coaching, especially in year 4.

JFC, do you really think the coaches asked that dude to try to throw that ball off of someone's ass?

Picking one play to advance your agenda isn't a solution.  I'm taking everything into consideration when making observations, maybe you should do the same.

Since you are considering this one game as the blueprint, yes, you are missing 4 years worth of plays.  Not surprising you can't see past this rant you have conjured.

You want to keep acting like the talk about in-bounds play tonight isn't about the specific play that cost us a chance to put the game away, then you go ahead. Also asking you two questions about your post constitutes a rant? Interesting.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »
so.  i could still blame weber for that, but since i don't like stokes either, i'm happy to blame them both.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 12:09:33 AM »
The temp is being a weirdo tonight. MiR is not a oscar defender in any general sense. He disagrees with you about a play at the end of tonight's game. Stop being a dweeb.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 12:13:46 AM »
tbt gonna tbt

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 12:14:39 AM »

You want to keep acting like the talk about in-bounds play tonight isn't about the specific play that cost us a chance to put the game away, then you go ahead. Also asking you two questions about your post constitutes a rant? Interesting.

I haven't been referring to that play at all, yet you keep referencing it like it will help your cause to save oscar.  Yet again your fixation on something blinds from what is truly going on.

Asking two irrelevant questions about the exact same thing.  I don't understand your fixation on this subject when it is completely irrelevant.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 12:20:36 AM »

I haven't been referring to that play at all, yet you keep referencing it like it will help your cause to save oscar.  Yet again your fixation on something blinds from what is truly going on.

Asking two irrelevant questions about the exact same thing.  I don't understand your fixation on this subject when it is completely irrelevant.

In-bounds plays are a weird thing to randomly be pissed about, good to know nothing happened tonight to trigger you ranting about four years of in-bounds plays. Is this a dax sock?

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 12:34:16 AM »
The temp is being a weirdo tonight. MiR is not a oscar defender in any general sense. He disagrees with you about a play at the end of tonight's game. Stop being a dweeb.

Yeah, you're right.  I am a temp, how could I be right over a distinguished alumni.  Would definitely be a travesty.  I'll relegate myself back to clerical.  Go Cats.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »
i kinda knew we were going to make some stupid play (inbound screw up, get caught in a press, etc) and give up the lead.  why?  because i've watched this team which is coached by oscar.  up by 3 with under a minute to go i would have been more surprised to have won than to have lost.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 12:47:20 AM »
Same insight, different response

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 12:51:40 AM »

Well yeah, 'clams response reads as more introspective and measured, not reactionary. If everyone misinterpreted your post, it's a you problem not an us problem.

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57:04 AM »

Well yeah, 'clams response reads as more introspective and measured, not reactionary. If everyone misinterpreted your post, it's a you problem not an us problem.

Hey! We have the same problem!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 01:33:04 AM »

Hey! We have the same problem!

I've never complained about that, I'm not sensitive which incidentally is a weird trait for a sock.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 05:36:07 AM »
Deathbite and Dogbite both have been erratic all year.  This tournament the three was hard to come by.  We lost because not everyone played with grit and nastiness.  DJamer, Westicles, and Flush did.  If the coach can't instill this, these players will have to be the catalyst.  The good news is we barely lost even after playing like crap in a back to back game.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 07:26:21 AM »
tbt gonna tbt

I was hoping he would be able to successfully quit this time for his own sake.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 08:20:46 AM »
i kinda knew we were going to make some stupid play (inbound screw up, get caught in a press, etc) and give up the lead.  why?  because i've watched this team which is coached by oscar.  up by 3 with under a minute to go i would have been more surprised to have won than to have lost.

Precisely.  We need 6+ lead with a minute left

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2016, 08:32:28 AM »

do you really think the coaches asked that dude to try to throw that ball off of someone's ass?

We had to waste two of our 3 second half timeouts when our guards got stuck for no explainable reason and had to burn them to avoid 5 counts.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2016, 08:48:47 AM »

We had to waste two of our 3 second half timeouts when our guards got stuck for no explainable reason and had to burn them to avoid 5 counts.

Can't take them with you

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »
Close games are definition decided by one or two good/bad plays. Once you start losing more than your fair share of these games it's time to start looking beyond the "player x made a bad play" blame game.

Lots of crappy coaches make a living out of losing a lot of games by not very much and putting a positive spin on it. See: Paul Rhodes, Wooly, Doc Sadler, etc.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 10:50:19 AM »
It should be pointed out that Oscar got DJamer 10 layups in a game against a fairly big front line.  :driving:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:54:05 AM by gatoveintisiete »
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
It should be pointed out that Oscar got DJamer 10 layups in a game against a fairly big front line.  :driving:

unless you can prove that brad korn didn't draw up those plays, i have no reason to believe otherwise

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »
"I just roll the ball out on the floor and let D.J. Take over"  says every coach that ever had such a talent play for him
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.