Author Topic: KSU AND KU FOOTBALL/BASKETBALL SUPER DOUBLE SPORT CHALLENGE OF SCORES - OFFICIAL  (Read 12135 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Most of you have been following the KAKFBSDSCOS-O threads for years but here's a brief overview of the challenge:

KU and KSU play both mens football and basketball each year. The challenge is you take the point difference from the KSU win in the football game and the average point difference from the KU wins in basketball and the team that comes out ahead wins. We won't have a result until March but it's always fun to talk all season about whether the humiliating point lead KSU built up in football can hold off by the ass beatings KU hands KSU in basketball. What are your thoughts on this years KAKFBSDSCOS-O?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's always exciting when KSU is in the 8/9 game of the B12 Tourney to play the number 1 seed Jayhawks because then you get extra KAKFBSDSCOS-O action assuming KSU can win their opening Wednesday game.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
One the one hand, it's Bill's special day, and Bill hates the crap out of KU, and wants every human being in this state to understand how much he hates KU....ipsofacto  big points for football this year.

On the other we have John Currie ruining the KSU vs KU basketball experience for a generation of young Wildcats.

This one is a tie.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
It's always exciting when KSU is in the 8/9 game of the B12 Tourney to play the number 1 seed Jayhawks because then you get extra KAKFBSDSCOS-O action assuming KSU can win their opening Wednesday game.

I didn't factor this in!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if Westicles and Sneed carry us to a basketball split?

You ever think of that Stan?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When KU is ahead in the challenge with a potential tourney matchup game looming I always hope KU rests their vastly superior basketball players to play their only a medium amount superior bench players so they get healthy for the NCAA. That is a wildcard scenario I think about guys.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if Westicles and Sneed carry us to a basketball split?

You ever think of that Stan?

ha! like that time Mangino beat KSU in football! that's what keeps this challenge exciting every year, ridiculous crap could happen every few decades. you never know.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
then there are the years we build up an insurmountable 50 point lead after football and basically just cruise through our shitty basketball season with no worries. love those years.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I think the interesting question is how much does football need for you to be comfortable with a KAKFBSDSCOS-O victory?

I'm thinking probably 30 points
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i have some ku buds who love to bet on the KAKFBSDSCOS-O with me every single year.  we don't bet a lot of $ because they're really poor but just enough to make things interesting.  it's so much fun to have KAKFBSDSCOS-O scoreboard over them.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the interesting question is how much does football need for you to be comfortable with a KAKFBSDSCOS-O victory?

I'm thinking probably 30 points

I still worry at 30 sometimes. 40 and I'm golden. below 20 and I just assume we've lost the trophy for the year.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what's the series record again?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Bill is not going to allow his in-state rival to win this challenge.

Bill knows how important a win over his rival is to his fan base, as they expect that win and if they don't get it it's meltdown city for said fan base.

Bill knows to run up the score against an inferior opponent.

I'll let you debate which Bill I'm talking about and which Bill has more on the line.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
This challenge always gets super mumped up when Bill Self allows himself to be out coached by oscar Weber in MHK every year. Their fans go ballistic and they lose a crap ton of $ in the process.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LHC Bill Snyder takes the KAKFBSDSCOS-O very seriously.  One only has to look at the evidence from the 2001-2002 football/basketball season to see that this is so.  In the 2001 football season K-State cruised to an easy 34 point victory over the jayhawks. K-State followers of the KAKFBSDSCOS-O felt pretty good about their chances until KU won by scores of 35 and 27 in basketball during the 2001-2002 season for a cumulative margin of 62, winning the KAKFBSDSCOS-O by a margin of 28 pts.  The very next football season LHC Bill Snyder ran up a score of 64 to 0 ensuring that even in the event of another dominating KU basketball season Kansas State would regain the KAKFBSDSCOS-O title.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:22:11 PM by _33 »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here are the last 15 years:
2015-16   -18
2014-15   34
2013-14   -2
2012-13   -1
2011-12   14
2010-11   44
2009-10   -20
2008-09   -58
2007-08   -11
2006-07   -61
2005-06   -1
2004-05   -32
2003-04   22
2002-03   29
2001-02   -28

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
With KU having taken 7 of the last 10 in the KAKFBSDSCOS-O, I'm not sure that there is a score on Saturday that will make me comfortable.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, does anyone else remember Self going for the 16 point P66 win in 2012 just to stick it to us?  SO FRUSTRATING!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
This challenge always gets super mumped up when Bill Self allows himself to be out coached by oscar Weber in MHK every year. Their fans go ballistic and they lose a crap ton of $ in the process.

He isn't being out coached, he is throwing the game to keep Oscar in a job.  These are the type of things you have to consider with this challenge

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Damn. Good call.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just went to grab some lunch, and the guy that runs the weed eater at my country club is a KU grad. Well he said he didn't watch the game, but saw that KU beat Texas by the same amount K-State did, so he expects it to be a dogfight Saturday. A one possession game late.

Expects them to win by double digits in basketball both times.

With this insider info, I'm gonna have to take the Hawks. Sorry, guys

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's avg hoops total, not cumulative smdh guys it's like you don't even know the KAKFBSDSCOS-O
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Just went to grab some lunch, and the guy that runs the weed eater at my country club is a KU grad. Well he said he didn't watch the game, but saw that KU beat Texas by the same amount K-State did, so he expects it to be a dogfight Saturday. A one possession game late.

Expects them to win by double digits in basketball both times.

With this insider info, I'm gonna have to take the Hawks. Sorry, guys

yup, I had a guy (hawk fan) cleaning my gutters yesterday and he guaranteed that the hawks were going to keep Saturday's contest within a touchdown.  if his prognostication proves to be true, they're going to have a giant head start on the  KAKFBSDSCOS-O.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's avg hoops total, not cumulative smdh guys it's like you don't even know the KAKFBSDSCOS-O

Well then.

2015-16   14.7
2014-15   36.0
2013-14   9.5
2012-13   26.3
2011-12   26.0
2010-11   48.0
2009-10   -2.0
2008-09   -44.5
2007-08   -8.5
2006-07   -33.0
2005-06   4.0
2004-05   -12.7
2003-04   29.0
2002-03   46.5
2001-02   3.0

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU Karl thinks this thread is super stupid cuse everyone knows that KU doesn't care about K-State.