Author Topic: the upcoming two game stretch  (Read 5109 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
the upcoming two game stretch
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
what an important two game stretch these next two games are

first up on the cats slate on sunday- a team called "hampton"  :confused:  they are the pirates and are 0-1.   :thumbs:

can the cats beat the pirates?  :Lurk:  to do so, wade really needs to wake up and get on his game!  come on dewayne dean!  the pirates will be a  tough test for these cats.
my mind's eye predicto:  cats sneak past the pirates cannons, 61-59   :fatty:

next up in the important two game stretch is a team called "robert morris"   :dunno:
the robert morris is also pirates I believe.  they currently sit at a very dangerous 0-3.  they are going to pounce on some unsuspecting team.  will it be the wildcats in the middle of our important two game stretch?  me hopes not.   :cool:

I predict that the cats upset the pirates again.  this outcome will be 59-52 and the cats tally another w in the win column (w).  :Woohoo:

if the wildcats can win both games in this upcoming important two game stretch we have a very good shot of playing the eagles of boston college (1-1) closely and may even pull out an overtime game against them and lose closely. 

keep an eye on the cats over this very important two game stretch.   :ksu:  because after boston college, it's back to the grind with games against Wisconsin green bay and umkc roos.  :driving:  we need to play well.   :thumbs:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: the upcoming two game stretch
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:25:12 AM »
So we play a school named after a hotel chain and then a school named after the USA's largest tobacco company? Odd.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »
yup and the really odd thing outside of the hotel tobacco angle is that they're both pirates (possibly somalian?  captain Phillips?)

hopefully oscar opens up cat chat after the two game stretch with a "hello wyatt, I'd like a hotel room for two, non-smoking please" :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 10:41:24 AM »
So we play a school named after a hotel chain and then a school named after the USA's largest tobacco company a slave trader? Odd.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
Where would we play the Eagles of Boston College? What time zone? I just hope our guys have some way of staying focused and rested so they can keep it close.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
So we play a school named after a hotel chain and then a school named after the USA's largest tobacco company a slave trader? Odd.

:surprised:

Also, how bout them Cowboys!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »

:driving:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »

Wrong Cowboys. Not sys' favorite team.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
i believe the eagles of boston college are also the pirates.  source:  moby rough ridin' dick, thank you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »
Currie must really want Oscar out, scheduling such a rough-riding stretch. It's akin to going thru the Dillion's trash can. When Big John wants to make a move, he shows no mercy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »
Oscarrrgh!  (pirates)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 04:59:43 PM »
2 wins.  Hampton will not be a wussypie.

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »
what an important two game stretch these next two games are

first up on the cats slate on sunday- a team called "hampton"  :confused:  they are the pirates and are 0-1.   :thumbs:

can the cats beat the pirates?  :Lurk:  to do so, wade really needs to wake up and get on his game!  come on dewayne dean!  the pirates will be a  tough test for these cats.
my mind's eye predicto:  cats sneak past the pirates cannons, 61-59   :fatty:

next up in the important two game stretch is a team called "robert morris"   :dunno:
the robert morris is also pirates I believe.  they currently sit at a very dangerous 0-3.  they are going to pounce on some unsuspecting team.  will it be the wildcats in the middle of our important two game stretch?  me hopes not.   :cool:

I predict that the cats upset the pirates again.  this outcome will be 59-52 and the cats tally another w in the win column (w).  :Woohoo:

if the wildcats can win both games in this upcoming important two game stretch we have a very good shot of playing the eagles of boston college (1-1) closely and may even pull out an overtime game against them and lose closely. 

keep an eye on the cats over this very important two game stretch.   :ksu:  because after boston college, we play a pretty good Maryland team. Then it's back to the grind with games against Wisconsin green bay and umkc roos.  :driving:  we need to play well.   :thumbs:

Fyp

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
Hampton did not sound like it was a bad team.  In the NCAA last two years.  Better than oscar.  Did that one Hampton hedgehog dude ever.sit.down after fouling out?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:33 PM »
Hampton did not sound like it was a bad team.  In the NCAA last two years.  Better than oscar.  Did that one Hampton hedgehog dude ever.sit.down after fouling out?

They have the good fortune of playing in one of the worst leagues in college basketball. They haven't finished better than 216 in kenpom in the last 15 years, but I guess they did beat Iowa State that one time.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 07:39:27 AM »
Are there any OOC games that should get me juiced or do I need to wait until conference games start?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »
Are there any OOC games that should get me juiced or do I need to wait until conference games start?

We could play Maryland on Saturday!

Boston College on Friday, though it would be very disappointing to lose to them. They have a worse kenpom than Omaha or Western Illinois.

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »

We could play Maryland on Saturday!

Boston College on Friday, though it would be very disappointing to lose to them. They have a worse kenpom than Omaha or Western Illinois.

I bet Oscar is up to that challenge.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 12:22:18 PM »

outside of Maryland, no. This non-con was put together in hopes to win almost every single game and hope that the fanbase is dumb enough not to get on the internet and see it isn't top 200 in non-con SOS

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »

outside of Maryland, no. This non-con was put together in hopes to win almost every single game and hope that the fanbase is dumb enough not to get on the internet and see it isn't top 200 in non-con SOS

Its easy to not like it because it might save oscar, but its a very smart OOC schedule. There are enough games against teams from decent leagues and decent low/mid majors that the RPI will probably be decent coming from it. If oscar can manage a 12-0 or 11-1 OOC and go .500 in the league he'll have a tournament team and likely be here until he retires.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

Its easy to not like it because it might save oscar, but its a very smart OOC schedule. There are enough games against teams from decent leagues and decent low/mid majors that the RPI will probably be decent coming from it. If oscar can manage a 12-0 or 11-1 OOC and go .500 in the league he'll have a tournament team and likely be here until he retires.

Silly. The Barclay and SEC games weren't directly scheduled by the staff and that is big piece why the schedule is so weak. The Wazzu game is on oscar and John. But I don't think any thing about this year schedule differs that much from oscar has done in the past here.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »

Granted teams may improve, but sans Maryland, using last year's RPIs, Green Bay was the only team in the Top 120 at 115, and if the Big 12 is as down as bad as some are talking like it may be, 9-9 may have us on the wrong side of the bubble.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 12:37:25 PM »

Silly. The Barclay and SEC games weren't directly scheduled by the staff and that is big piece why the schedule is so weak. The Wazzu game is on oscar and John. But I don't think any thing about this year schedule differs that much from oscar has done in the past here.

we had a top 100 non-con schedule last year.