Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106304 times)

The Big Train

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »
Inflexibility always seems to be one of the virtues of our offense.

Barnes found a hole between the tackles and outran everyone to the end zone for a 75-yard touchdown. Not only was it his longest run of the season, it was a confidence booster.

Oddly, though, he only touched saw five more carries, leaving many to wonder, why?

K-State coach LHC Bill Snyder explained the Wildcats preferred to run formations that featured quarterback Alex Delton, who ran for 142 yards and three touchdowns on 27 carries. The majority of those plays call for a lead blocker, instead of a running back.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article180244656.html
Bill continues to think he's the smartest guy in the room, but he's not.  Arrogant male genitals sucker.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:41:12 AM by HELLHAMMER »
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2017, 08:37:11 AM »
I can't think of another team in the country that uses their QB like a feature back.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/921917082786254848

Good for Alex. I would imagine there are several players that feel the same way.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
He's going to get mumped hard by old balls and the gang. No more touches for him.

The Big Train

« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »
He's going to get mumped hard by old balls and the gang. No more touches for him.

How would that be any different than it is right now?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2017, 09:03:49 AM »
Haha. Wow. Bye, Barnes.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »

this

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2017, 09:22:09 AM »
Haha. Wow. Bye, Barnes.
If he is frustrated I hope he leaves.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »
Good game from Barnes against OU with pretty questionable play calling. But let’s not forget how completely ineffective he has been in most games this season.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
We just got utterly out coached this game, which I hoped wouldn’t happen with Stoops out. Somehow they seemed unprepared at first to stop the only thing we do well, but made the corrections they needed to at the end.

Still, they’re just a better team. We couldn’t do anything to stop them when their backs were against the corner in the 4th.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:23 AM »
And pretty LFBIQ, but even I could tell it was 100% stupid at the end of the first half to call timeout and try kicking a FG with 6 seconds left. First, there is no reason to have more than 3 on the clock, so why not just sneak it up the middle and see what you get first?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
And pretty LFBIQ, but even I could tell it was 100% stupid at the end of the first half to call timeout and try kicking a FG with 6 seconds left. First, there is no reason to have more than 3 on the clock, so why not just sneak it up the middle and see what you get first?

Earlier in the drive they wasted 4 seconds to call a timeout.  That would have given 10 seconds with 1 timeout left.  They then had to call a timeout with 6 seconds because, not surprisingly, the Bill-Sean-Dana clusterfuck couldnt decide what to do with the clock stopped at 0:06.

If we would have given McCrane 2 more yards we would have been up 4 for OU's final drive as OU wouldn't have gone for 2 earlier.  That's a direct result of wasting 4 seconds because our geriatric coach is always standing 30 yards away & his son acting like the HC, but still asking daddy's permission for everything.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:48:48 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2017, 09:52:10 AM »
You guys gotta stop blaming this crap on Sean. He doesn't wear a headset and only interacts with special teams. You have enough enemies without having to demonize Sean.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
Regardless that was a hilarious timeout

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »
Playing tanking and Kirby every down

Tanking has actually been good. Kirby can kick rocks, although I haven't seen anything from #3 that makes me think he's better.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
Kirby got completely destroyed on that final run by OU. I thought he had an easy tackle for a loss of 3-4 yards.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
You guys gotta stop blaming this crap on Sean. He doesn't wear a headset and only interacts with special teams. You have enough enemies without having to demonize Sean.

Sean absolutely wears a headset.  I watched him almost throw it yesterday.  Me & the guy sitting next to me were laughing about it.  I rewatched part of the game this morning & saw multiple shots of him with it on. 

I've also watched him call multiple timeouts because Bill is 40 yards upfield watching from behind the D.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2017, 11:12:24 AM »
https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/921917082786254848

Good for Alex. I would imagine there are several players that feel the same way.
He is the best football player on the team. It is really unbelievable.

:billdance:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »
good for barnes. he could have had 200 yards in yesterday's game, saved delton the pummeling, and we would have won.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
and i'll say it again. play all the young kids. this season is lost. see what we have as bill checks out and gets himself some solid fried chicken meals at ramblers.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »

Tanking has actually been good. Kirby can kick rocks, although I haven't seen anything from #3 that makes me think he's better.

Kirby got completely destroyed on that final run by OU. I thought he had an easy tackle for a loss of 3-4 yards.

Yes. Kirby got 2 hands on #24 but then got stiff armed like a little boy.  He also had a laughable missed tackle on a 4th down play in the 1st half.

He actually made a couple decent plays y'day, but his poor plays this season have far outweighed the good.

Both LBs struggle big time in pass coverage or on pass downs. Tanking does come out on 3rd & long. However we should have Sullivan and E.Walker playing the LB spots when we bring in our 4 DE rush unit.

Also, Newlan was a big issue y'day too. We missed Adams a ton

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »

Yes. Kirby got 2 hands on #24 but then got stiff armed like a little boy.  He also had a laughable missed tackle on a 4th down play in the 1st half.

He actually made a couple decent plays y'day, but his poor plays this season have far outweighed the good.

Both LBs struggle big time in pass coverage or on pass downs. Tanking does come out on 3rd & long. However we should have Sullivan and E.Walker playing the LB spots when we bring in our 4 DE rush unit.

Also, Newlan was a big issue y'day too. We missed Adams a ton

How many sacks did our D-Line, as a whole, have this season?  It seems to be historically low under a LHC Bill Snyder coached team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »

Sean absolutely wears a headset.  I watched him almost throw it yesterday.  Me & the guy sitting next to me were laughing about it.  I rewatched part of the game this morning & saw multiple shots of him with it on. 

I've also watched him call multiple timeouts because Bill is 40 yards upfield watching from behind the D.

I started watching the last three possessions, 2 defensive 1 offensive, and he didn't wear one for any of that time, he didn't even have it in his hands. I laughed because on the last defensive possession he was jumping up and down with the players on the bench, it was hilarious watching that bald head bouncing up and down.