Author Topic: Bowslby should be fired immediately  (Read 8586 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Bowslby should be fired immediately
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »
How do you mump this up this bad?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Bowslby should be fired immediately
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »
Agreed. The guy has been terrible for the Big12.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »
Mump what up? We're keeping the round robin and getting more money to stay at 10 teams. What the hell are you guys crying about? Yeah man we lost bigly because we couldn't trade nationally televised games with UT for FSN games against Cincinnati. Woe is rough ridin' us.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:34:06 PM »
Two things have really hurt the Big 12's perception over the last couple years: (1) Texas and OU failing to be elite programs with a shot at the Natty; and (2) Boren acting like an insecure and indecisive teenage girl.  Maybe someone else could do better, but let's not forget what Bowlsby is working with here.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 04:37:31 PM »
I would like to be the first to welcome the Arizona schools to the Big12
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 04:43:17 PM »
I think expansion to 12 with a North of KSU, KSU, ISU, WVU, BYU, and Cincy was in K-State's best interest.  Sad to see that it didn't happen.

Now, I think it is in K-State's interest for the playoff to expand to 8.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »
I think expansion to 12 with a North of KSU, KSU, ISU, WVU, BYU, and Cincy was in K-State's best interest.  Sad to see that it didn't happen.

That is a division that does not belong in a P5 conference.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »

Yeah if you like seasons where you never play a meaningful game.  It's in our best interest then to quit the B12 and just move to the Sunbelt it you just want to play games against nobodies.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 04:48:55 PM »

Yeah if you like seasons where you never play a meaningful game.  It's in our best interest then to quit the B12 and just move to the Sunbelt it you just want to play games against nobodies.

Games would be plenty meaningful.  We wouldn't play OU or UT every year, but consistently being in the Big 12 championship game would more than make up for that.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »
Two things have really hurt the Big 12's perception over the last couple years: (1) Texas and OU failing to be elite programs with a shot at the Natty; and (2) Boren acting like an insecure and indecisive teenage girl.  Maybe someone else could do better, but let's not forget what Bowlsby is working with here.

Exactly, minus OU not doing their part - they were in the playoff last year. But if Boren and everyone else said a year ago that the Big 12 feels as strong as ever, great at 10, etc etc then no one would think the Big 12 looks weak and vulnerable.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »

Games would be plenty meaningful.  We wouldn't play OU or UT every year, but consistently being in the Big 12 championship game would more than make up for that.
No they wouldn't, well not to anyone outside of the very small bubble of KSU fans with inferiority complexes.  I mean I am sure New Mexico thinks its game against New Mexico State is meaningful and FAU thinks its game against FIU is as well, but come on.  You just want to pad the schedule with hollow victories against unranked teams it would almost certainly be in our best interest to drop down to a smaller conference.  Then when KSU is 11-1 (with 1 victory over a ranked team) you can sit there and moan about the unfair media overlooking poor ole KSU and feel good about yourself. 

Offline sleepy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »

Once UT and OK fly the coop and the BIG8 remnants scratch around for a home, you might just find out that schools like KSU, ISU, Baylor, or TT have no more cachet in the sports world than Cincy, Houston, or another half dozen G5 schools.

Playing meaningful games against meaningful opponents is what will cause UT and OK to get out of Dodge when the GOR expires.
Sam Brownback--bringing Kansas values to the nation

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »

Putting your favorite team in what's perceived to be a bad division didn't mean that team is making the championship game every year, nor does it mean they are guaranteed prestige our relevance by being the kings of said bad division. i.e. Pac 12 south, Big 10 west, SEC east, and that one shitty division in the ACC that's either the Atlantic or Coastal, so irrelevant no one knows which division it is.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »

Once UT and OK fly the coop and the BIG8 remnants scratch around for a home, you might just find out that schools like KSU, ISU, Baylor, or TT have no more cachet in the sports world than Cincy, Houston, or another half dozen G5 schools.

Playing meaningful games against meaningful opponents is what will cause UT and OK to get out of Dodge when the GOR expires.
no crap, dummy.  but adding those meaningless games does nothing to keep OU/UT around. 

if the conference implodes, the BYUs, Cincinnatis and Houstons of the world will still be there for KSU and the gang.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »

Sounds more like the Big 10 or SEC East than the Sun Belt.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
The SEC East isn't a good example since the coaches and media keep putting one or two of them in the preseason top 10 every year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 07:38:06 PM »

No they wouldn't, well not to anyone outside of the very small bubble of KSU fans with inferiority complexes.  I mean I am sure New Mexico thinks its game against New Mexico State is meaningful and FAU thinks its game against FIU is as well, but come on.  You just want to pad the schedule with hollow victories against unranked teams it would almost certainly be in our best interest to drop down to a smaller conference.  Then when KSU is 11-1 (with 1 victory over a ranked team) you can sit there and moan about the unfair media overlooking poor ole KSU and feel good about yourself. 

We'd only get 2 division wins in that division anyway.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
We are a fine mountain West/mac school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
MW >>>> mac in every way

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:44 PM »
I didn't realize by "meaningful" he meant teams he thinks people wanted to watch on tv 20 years ago.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:15 PM »
The SEC East isn't a good example since the coaches and media keep putting one or two of them in the preseason top 10 every year.

meaningful games = playing 6-6 teams who started the year in the top 10.

:'bye cruel world:

Offline sleepy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »

no crap, dummy.  but adding those meaningless games does nothing to keep OU/UT around. 

if the conference implodes, the BYUs, Cincinnatis and Houstons of the world will still be there for KSU and the gang.

Don't bet on it.  A Big 12 without UT and OK  and KU bball is no better than what Cincy and Houston have now in their conference.  KSU would be a good fit in the AAC west division along with Tulsa and SMU.
Sam Brownback--bringing Kansas values to the nation

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 09:15:07 PM »
Houston and Cincy and BYU are pieces of garbage compared to K-State.  I am slightly biased as I am an alumni of K-State and they have always been my favorite team but seriously those other schools are trash.  I mean Houston and Cincinnati are just cities, they aren't even states.  They suck.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »
We are a fine mountain West/mac school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This crap is so rough ridin' stupid. I don't get some of you rough ridin' guys.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »

Anything that improves Kstate's chances of winning a power conference is a good thing.  Being in a north division, while getting paid same/more than our current contract, would have been superb for us. Comparisons to New Mexico or FIU miss the point, because they are not in a power conference.   We are talking about adding two decent schools to our current set up.  Yes, we would've played Ut and OU once a year rather than twice a year, but I don't really buy that simply playing them is a huge boon.  Being in the same conference is a big deal, because we get paid for that.  But after you have secured that, the next real jump is in winning the conference and making the playoffs.  Adding Cincy and BYU would have greatly increased our chances of that happening.

And, no, I'm not saying we would win that north every year.  But I think we win the conference more under that set up than we do in a ten team round robin with a championship game (even though, paradoxically, we go from being 1/10 to 1/12).

Plus--and this is not to be discounted--divisions are just fun.  We would still have a chance to win our division at 1-2 this year.  As it stands now, we have no shot to win the ten-team conference.