Author Topic: Mono - Alex  (Read 7972 times)

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Mono - Alex
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 02:22:13 AM »
Breaking news, delerioustyme is on twitter! Account is kinda Arizona-y, not enough Arizona Coyotes though

Well, MakeItRain knows how to use the search feature on Twitter!  But he doesn't understand the geological difference between Tucson and Phoenix.  Waiting to him to say something to me with regards to being a Sun Devil or ASU-cks. 

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 02:43:19 AM »
Breaking news, delerioustyme is on twitter! Account is kinda Arizona-y, not enough Arizona Coyotes though

Well, MakeItRain knows how to use the search feature on Twitter!  But he doesn't understand the geological difference between Tucson and Phoenix.  Waiting to him to say something to me with regards to being a Sun Devil or ASU-cks. 

ARIZONA Coyotes man, they're America's team! Now there's the Tuscon Roadrunners, jump on the wagon my dude!

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 06:52:27 AM »

ARIZONA Coyotes man, they're America's team! Now there's the Tuscon Roadrunners, jump on the wagon my dude!

Yes, I know who they are and that the Roadrunners exist now, as they had their first game on Friday.  It is nice to have Hockey back in Tucson, but I wonder how it will do.  We couldn't keep spring training baseball in Tucson, what does that say for hockey.  There hasn't been an ice rink in town since before 2000.  That and the first game was on the same day and time as the University of Arizona's Red Blue Basketball Game where they retired Miles Simon's jersey and had the 20 year anniversary celebration of the National Championship Team.  So you can imagine where everyone was or doing that night, instead of watching Hockey. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:26 AM »

Yes, I know who they are and that the Roadrunners exist now, as they had their first game on Friday.  It is nice to have Hockey back in Tucson, but I wonder how it will do.  We couldn't keep spring training baseball in Tucson, what does that say for hockey.  There hasn't been an ice rink in town since before 2000.  That and the first game was on the same day and time as the University of Arizona's Red Blue Basketball Game where they retired Miles Simon's jersey and had the 20 year anniversary celebration of the National Championship Team.  So you can imagine where everyone was or doing that night, instead of watching Hockey. 

:thumbs:

Now let's get back to banging on catastrophe and everyone else who has accepted Hubener taking snaps for us.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »

:thumbs:

Now let's get back to banging on catastrophe and everyone else who has accepted Hubener taking snaps for us.

I'm not convinced everyone thinks Hubener should be taking snaps for us.  Everyone seems to think that if he does, that he is our best option because the coaches are infallible and therefore all of our other options suck.  Bill is losing this team and he's losing it fast.  Everything from not holding coaches accountable, to poor recruiting, talent evaluation, and chalking it up to history as an excuse, if he did everything possible to win, and the fact that Hubener even steps foot on the field isn't a glaring sign as to how that is not true, well I can't help you.  We are starting to mirror 2004-2005 in terms of personnel, coaching, and absolute dumpster fire of a season or seasons.  Thanks to Bill's nepotism he didn't calm the water, he repeated history. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »
I'm skeptical that Delton would have done any better than Hubes yesterday, but my point was really that I don't see a transfer scenario putting Delton in a better spot than he is right now.  If Ertz isn't healthy, Delton could easily be the starter by the end of the season. 

FWIW, I'm definitely in the camp that I'd rather put Delton out there to develop for next year even if Hubes could complete more passes, but I know our coaches would never do that. I remember in 2010 after the Texas and North Texas games going, "why the hell is Klein not starting?"

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 09:06:54 AM »
I'm skeptical that Delton would have done any better than Hubes yesterday, but my point was really that I don't see a transfer scenario putting Delton in a better spot than he is right now.  If Ertz isn't healthy, Delton could easily be the starter by the end of the season. 

FWIW, I'm definitely in the camp that I'd rather put Delton out there to develop for next year even if Hubes could complete more passes, but I know our coaches would never do that. I remember in 2010 after the Texas and North Texas games going, "why the hell is Klein not starting?"

What's to say Delton can't complete more passes than Hubener?  From what I saw yesterday, Hubener is still as ineffective throwing the ball as he was last year.  He should have been picked a couple of times.  He threw it in the dirt or the quick pass so low to the ground that our receivers were down when they caught the ball, at the line of scrimmage, and he still has no pocket awareness.  I know Delton can throw the ball, but for everyone who doesn't, all they have to go on is what little they have seen and the fact that our coaching staff won't play him or give him a chance.  Does he have as strong of an arm as Hubener?  Probably not.  As quick of a release as Jesse?  Probably not.  Does that mean he can't throw it?  Not at all.  But we won't ever know unless we give him a chance to show us what he can do.  I have a feeling if Jesse is out for any considerable amount of time, that Hubener will play until he inevitably plays so poorly that we finally get to see what Delton brings to the table. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »

I have a feeling if Jesse is out for any considerable amount of time, that Hubener will play until he inevitably plays so poorly that we finally get to see what Delton brings to the table. 

This is definitely the most likely scenario for Delton to start this season, and it actually seems pretty likely at this point.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »
Even if Delton can't complete passes at better than 40% is that any worse than Jos? You truly don't lose anything in the passing game, because we have nothing there as it is. You could at least gain something from a running perspective and possibly build a player up for the future. Joe is gone after this year but Delton will have 3 more if he gets a medical redshirt from last year.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
Even if Delton can't complete passes at better than 40% is that any worse than Jos? You truly don't lose anything in the passing game, because we have nothing there as it is. You could at least gain something from a running perspective and possibly build a player up for the future. Joe is gone after this year but Delton will have 3 more if he gets a medical redshirt from last year.

I would prefer Delton but you could definitely see more INT's with Delton. But then, what do you have to lose in a game like yesterday's?

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 05:35:47 PM »

I would prefer Delton but you could definitely see more INT's with Delton. But then, what do you have to lose in a game like yesterday's?

I don't think a couple of interceptions will dramatically change our season. Maybe win 1 less game? I think we'll get 6 even if he's bad. And I don't think Hubes is winning that 7th game.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
Delton can't throw whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 05:42:18 PM »
Delton can't throw whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither can Joe...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »

I don't think a couple of interceptions will dramatically change our season. Maybe win 1 less game? I think we'll get 6 even if he's bad. And I don't think Hubes is winning that 7th game.

I'm just saying that with a turnover problem there's no way in hell this team gets to 6. 6 will probably be tough without turnover problems.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
I'm also not saying Hubes will turn it over less than Delton. Just that it's a possibility and that even if both "can't throw" it doesn't necessarily mean they "can't throw" equally.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
isn't mono code for eye hernia which is code for institutional racism?

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 09:48:07 PM »
J. Banks had mono last year and we ran with a walk-on WR over all these guys. Just let the sink in for a bit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
J. Banks had mono last year and we ran with a walk-on WR over all these guys. Just let the sink in for a bit.

I mean that isn't true but whatever

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »

How is this not true ?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »

How is this not true ?

Banks didn't have mono and the only one of "these guys" the walk-on WR played over is Hubener; two were injured and the other guy was in high school.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2016, 10:40:33 AM »

How is this not true ?

Banks didn't have mono and the only one of "these guys" the walk-on WR played over is Hubener; two were injured and the other guy was in high school.

https://twitter.com/GPCwallace/status/650403097248956417

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
This the hill you really want to die on?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »
:lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 11:14:39 AM »
this dumbass really just source a Ryan Wallace tweet, lol

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
If the offense is so "hard" that your most athletic and highest ranked recruits can't run it, and only walk-ons and two-stars can, then it's a bad offense that needs to go away.

But I don't really think that's the problem.  However, I just don't like putting in writing what I really think on why Delton and Banks (and Sams) don't/didn't play.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:20:57 AM by Panjandrum »