Author Topic: VP Debate  (Read 5823 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: VP Debate
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »
Should have known these two would buckle down on abortion.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »
I can predict every time Tim is going to interrupt, how do I do it? Simple, everytime Pence is kicking Hills ass, little Bitch Timmy butts in.  :flush:

From what I can tell, Tim has no idea when to interrupt. It's awkward unlike when Trump does it. Trump does it with authority. Kaine is really bad at it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 09:31:44 PM »
Tim Kaine is getting his ass kicked.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 09:32:17 PM »
Tim Kaine is getting his ass kicked.

are we watching the same debate?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
His interruptions are very terrible, his faith answer was terrible, his 9/11 attack on Trump's taxes was very terrible.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »
he's a clumsy interrupter, i agree.  i thought he was fine on everything else.  pence also fine.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
9/11

Did you hear him interject RP-style that he was in Virginia???

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
he's a clumsy interrupter, i agree.  i thought he was fine on everything else.  pence also fine.

His line about Donald Trump not supporting the firefighters on 9/11 because he didn't pay taxes is awful and stupid and completely nonsensical.

@Trim  oh yeah, it was mind boggling.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 09:40:20 PM »
His line about Donald Trump not supporting the firefighters on 9/11 because he didn't pay taxes is awful and stupid and completely nonsensical.

i didn't hear the line, but what you just said he said makes perfect sense.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
Goddamn, if he'd only said something about hearing the sirens...

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »
It was an obvious strategy, like a overmatched fighter going for the clench to avoid knockout, I'm not suggesting Pence is a great debater but that his campaign has better solutions to the problems of this country.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 09:45:29 PM »

i didn't hear the line, but what you just said he said makes perfect sense.

Trump pursued a tax break on his property for 9/11, but connecting the 15 years no taxes thing is dumb.  There is a good reason for there to be offsets for people.  Trump is a bad businessman, he may have shady business dealings, his taxes may be embarrassing, those  all would be things to criticize.  But saying because Donald Trump maybe didn't pay taxes in 2001 and that means he's not supporting our first responders is idiotic.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »
It was an obvious strategy, like a overmatched fighter going for the clench to avoid knockout, I'm not suggesting Pence is a great debater but that his campaign has better solutions to the problems of this country.

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:50 PM »
Trump pursued a tax break on his property for 9/11, but connecting the 15 years no taxes thing is dumb.  There is a good reason for there to be offsets for people.  Trump is a bad businessman, he may have shady business dealings, his taxes may be embarrassing, those  all would be things to criticize.  But saying because Donald Trump maybe didn't pay taxes in 2001 and that means he's not supporting our first responders is idiotic.

taxes pay for services, a man purportedly building enormous wealth while not paying taxes is not supporting those services and displaces additional tax burdens onto others.  that's a pretty basic and perfectly logical connection to make.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

taxes pay for services, a man purportedly building enormous wealth while not paying taxes is not supporting those services and displaces additional tax burdens onto others.  that's a pretty basic and perfectly logical connection to make.

Trump lost a tremendous amount of money, several times.  Our tax system rightly offsets business losses to allow businesses to recoup in good years.  To demagogue that so you can shoehorn in 9/11, is completely bizarre and actively makes everyone stupider. 

It is even weirder, when there is a very direct case of Trump taking 9/11 bailout money for his business.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »

Trump lost a tremendous amount of money, several times.  Our tax system rightly offsets business losses to allow businesses to recoup in good years.  To demagogue that so you can shoehorn in 9/11, is completely bizarre and actively makes everyone stupider. 

It is even weirder, when there is a very direct case of Trump taking 9/11 bailout money for his business.

A 9/11 bailout and tax deductions are very different.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 10:04:53 PM »

if i can reframe, it's not that kaine's answer was illogical, it was that you disagreed with it.  on that basis, pence got destroyed in the debate in my mind, but i don't consider that a fair, or useful, way of evaluating either man's performance.

i don't agree that trump (from what i know/assume) was fairly taxed, i think he should have paid much more.  i don't blame him for not paying more, but i do blame him for not proposing to change the tax codes that allowed him to avoid taxation.   so i disagree with both you and trump.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 10:05:22 PM »
Do any of you morons think that a guy who Forbes says is worth like 3.5 billion hasn't paid an assload of taxes?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 10:10:33 PM »
If you wanna talk about a guy who doesn't pay much fed income tax, that would be lib supporter Warren Buffett and I don't blame him either.  Dumb topic unless you are promoting new tax law.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:26:02 PM by Tubesock »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 10:14:01 PM »
actually, that's not true.  i do blame him a bit, in a collective sense.  the tax code did not spring from it's father's forehead, fully formed.  it was written by politicians, influenced by members of the moneyed classes that includes trump's family, for the benefit of those classes.  i find it not particularly convincing to naively maintain that one merely follows the letter of the law when one is also part and parcel to the crafting of the law.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »
Eric Trump needs to get the hell off of CNN's set

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:36 PM »
How dare someone not pay tribute to the Great Government God.   Government God is here to care for all.  How dare anyone take advantage of the law to keep money their business for their families.  If this deduction is so bad, Senators Clinton or Obama could have sponsored legislation to close the loophole.  Tonight clearly defined what Hillary considers her standard for feminism = unfettered killing a baby up to the minute before they are born, that the unborn is hamburger, and we have.to pay for.abortion.  It is okay to use the largesse of the federal to intervene to end life, but not protect it.  I wish Grump would quit, and Pence.take his place.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 10:23:40 PM »
actually, that's not true.  i do blame him a bit, in a collective sense.  the tax code did not spring from it's father's forehead, fully formed.  it was written by politicians, influenced by members of the moneyed classes that includes trump's family, for the benefit of those classes.  i find it not particularly convincing to naively maintain that one merely follows the letter of the law when one is also part and parcel to the crafting of the law.

This is precious, you are supporting Hill who is far more in the pocket of the moneyed classes you speak of.  Then out the other side of your mouth bitch about a guy who has paid more in tax than she could earn in 10 of her bloodsucking lifetimes.  Congrats tard

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »

This is precious, you are supporting Hill who is far more in the pocket of the moneyed classes you speak of.  Then out the other side of your mouth bitch about a guy who has paid more in tax than she could earn in 10 of her bloodsucking lifetimes.  Congrats tard

:lol:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »

you don't know this