Author Topic: Scribe's WVU Review  (Read 3558 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Scribe's WVU Review
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:54:12 AM »
Warmack clearly needs to be our #1 running back after this last game.  I've been on the Silmon train for sometime but Warmack really impressed me with the way he hit the holes.

Our defense is legit. Only worrisome trend I see is that teams continue to go deep against DJamer Reed and he has been beat multiple times now.

No need to really comment on how terrible settling for field goals were. WVU went for it on fourth how many times ?

Pringle is a solid WR, but I think this is going to be a transition year for him.

Wasting timeouts, terrible clock management, kickoffs out of bounds is becoming a trademark of Kstate for the past few years. It's time someone should be fired.

I'm not sure how you can be a Kstate coach and live with yourself after that loss. No way we should have ever lost that game even with subpar QB play. Ertz is terribly inconsistent but I'm not sure we have anyone any better.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Scribe's WVU Review
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 08:56:50 AM »
All it took was, like, 2.5 years of fans bitching about Cosh before he left.  Maybe we can work the same magic with some of these other hacks.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:09:38 AM »
This weekend made me realize how much time and effort I waste around sports. Really made me take a long look in the mirror. I think i'm going to spend more time working out, fishing, hiking, etc. Instead of tailgaiting, boozing, blogging, etc. Go cats tho!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:19:07 AM »
This weekend made me realize how much time and effort I waste around sports. Really made me take a long look in the mirror. I think i'm going to spend more time working out, fishing, hiking, etc. Instead of tailgaiting, boozing, blogging, etc. Go cats tho!

:thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
Wasting timeouts, terrible clock management, kickoffs out of bounds is becoming a trademark of Kstate for the past few years.

Well yeah, those are all things that LHCBS preaches.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 09:27:58 AM »
WVU went for it on fourth how many times ?

Dana really did everything in his power to give us the win.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »

My tapout moment was the TCU game last year, when it was 4th and 1 and we should have gone for it and we lined up to punt, but then we called a timeout, and then decided we didn't have a play and punted anyway (maybe it was a FG, I dunno).  That was it.  If you can't even try to lineup and get one rough ridin' yard I'm out.  My life has not missed KSU sports one bit.  I expect yours will improve, too. 

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »

My tapout moment was the TCU game last year, when it was 4th and 1 and we should have gone for it and we lined up to punt, but then we called a timeout, and then decided we didn't have a play and punted anyway (maybe it was a FG, I dunno).  That was it.  If you can't even try to lineup and get one rough ridin' yard I'm out.  My life has not missed KSU sports one bit.  I expect yours will improve, too.

are you thinking of when we drove to their 25 and wussed out on 4th and kicked a fg to tie it at 45-45 only for boykin to immediately throw a long td and like everyone in the stadium knew a fg was the wrong choice?

Offline purrkatz

• Fan
  • Realist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

#family

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »

are you thinking of when we drove to their 25 and wussed out on 4th and kicked a fg to tie it at 45-45 only for boykin to immediately throw a long td and like everyone in the stadium knew a fg was the wrong choice?

Yes.  My thought process (in addition to what you mentioned) was that the coaches expect the same kids they don't think can get 1 yard to win this game in OT.  It's an asinine position to put your kids in.  To break it down further:

To win the coaches way, three things would have had to happen:  1) make FG, 2) hold TCU to no more scoring in regulation, 3) win in OT.  I put the odds at .90 x 0.6 x 0.4 = 21.6% chance of winning, and I was generous with the odds.  This was supposedly higher than the combination of odds of 1) not getting one yard, not turning it over, or missing the field goal (which is moot because they elected to kick it anyway).

Offline purrkatz

• Fan
  • Realist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »

Yes.  My thought process (in addition to what you mentioned) was that the coaches expect the same kids they don't think can get 1 yard to win this game in OT.  It's an asinine position to put your kids in.  To break it down further:

To win the coaches way, three things would have had to happen:  1) make FG, 2) hold TCU to no more scoring in regulation, 3) win in OT.  I put the odds at .90 x 0.6 x 0.4 = 21.6% chance of winning, and I was generous with the odds.  This was supposedly higher than the combination of odds of 1) not getting one yard, not turning it over, or missing the field goal (which is moot because they elected to kick it anyway).

That is where I started to lose hope as well :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 05:57:05 PM »
I'm just hibernating until Currie and Bill are just a distant memory.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 07:18:45 PM »
Warmack clearly needs to be our #1 running back after this last game.  I've been on the Silmon train for sometime but Warmack really impressed me with the way he hit the holes.

Our defense is legit. Only worrisome trend I see is that teams continue to go deep against DJamer Reed and he has been beat multiple times now.

No need to really comment on how terrible settling for field goals were. WVU went for it on fourth how many times ?

Pringle is a solid WR, but I think this is going to be a transition year for him.

Wasting timeouts, terrible clock management, kickoffs out of bounds is becoming a trademark of Kstate for the past few years. It's time someone should be fired.

I'm not sure how you can be a Kstate coach and live with yourself after that loss. No way we should have ever lost that game even with subpar QB play. Ertz is terribly inconsistent but I'm not sure we have anyone any better.

You just now realized that Warmack is our best RB and Silmon sucks?  Silmon has and will continue to be our worst RB.  Every carry we give to him should be given to Alex Barnes.  Barnes is faster, bigger, stronger and 10x the player Silmon will ever be. 

Did you have our assistant coaches ranked backwards as well?  Let me guess, Sean, Dana, Del, and Dickey on top with Coleman and Seiler on bottom?  Yeah, you're obviously doing a great job with your reviews. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »
:excited:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
I thought Ertz played poorly. It would have been smarter to call quick "hot" passes when they blitzed, than to chuck the ball at the sideline.

Also, Jones was the best back yesterday, and Warmack was second.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 08:05:11 PM »
Mentally checked out until some other stuff checks out.  Then I'll come back and check it out again. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »

You just now realized that Warmack is our best RB and Silmon sucks?  Silmon has and will continue to be our worst RB.  Every carry we give to him should be given to Alex Barnes.  Barnes is faster, bigger, stronger and 10x the player Silmon will ever be. 

Did you have our assistant coaches ranked backwards as well?  Let me guess, Sean, Dana, Del, and Dickey on top with Coleman and Seiler on bottom?  Yeah, you're obviously doing a great job with your reviews. 

You have eight posts and half of them are completely freaking out on Silmon. Its obvious the coaches view him as the third of fourth choice at RB. I gotta ask, what's the beef with this dude who barely plays?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »
I'm with Wacky. I was going to go to the game this weekend, but I've decided instead to just go up and see some old friends in Manhattan. I'll probably tailgate and never go into the game.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 09:34:44 PM »
I'm just hibernating until Currie and Bill are just a distant memory.

You're gonna be stuck with some remnants of one or the other or both for quite a while unless the well-timed plane crash happens.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 01:09:51 PM »
I just wish I could get to the numb stage where I truly enjoyed watching other NCAA teams do well. I think it hurts that the conference is down the same year we are because I don't have anyone I like to pin my hopes on. TSC is hard when T, S, and C are pretty dog-poopy.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »
Pick an above-average Pac team.  Or someone like Nevada.  Could be fun.  Here's my list of non-gross Pac teams.

1.  Washington
2.  Cal
3.  Utah
4.  Arizona

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »

You have eight posts and half of them are completely freaking out on Silmon. Its obvious the coaches view him as the third of fourth choice at RB. I gotta ask, what's the beef with this dude who barely plays?

The coaches view him as 3rd or 4th choice at RB?  Is that why he started at RB for the WVU game? Because the staff thought he was our 3rd or 4th string? 

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »

The coaches view him as 3rd or 4th choice at RB?  Is that why he started at RB for the WVU game? Because the staff thought he was our 3rd or 4th string? 

Meth is a terrible thing.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 07:09:54 PM »
Pick an above-average Pac team.  Or someone like Nevada.  Could be fun.  Here's my list of non-gross Pac teams.

1.  Washington
2.  Cal
3.  Utah
4.  Arizona

Washington is going to be my side team for the rest of the year.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 08:28:17 PM »
Wasting timeouts, terrible clock management, kickoffs out of bounds is becoming a trademark of Kstate for the past few years.

Well yeah, those are all things that LHCBS preaches.

17th goal