Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 53617 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sling TV
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »
I can't imagine paying for TV at any dollar amount that doesn't include live sports. I can get episodes of the Wire from the Library on DVD for free.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:53 AM »
we have SlingTV
The ONLY thing that is tough to find sometimes is live sports on an ESPN network.
that doesn't make any sense

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »
we have SlingTV
The ONLY thing that is tough to find sometimes is live sports on an ESPN network.
that doesn't make any sense
??

Doesn't make sense in that ESPN wouldn't have live sports?

Through Kodi, you can find live ESPN streams. Not a big fan of ESPN Gameday anymore, but I still tune in just to have it on in the background on Saturday AMs.

And, you could get ESPN through SlingTV. I just chose the option that gives you FSKC. It also includes Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and a few other sports channels.

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2016, 11:29:33 AM »
I can't imagine paying for TV at any dollar amount that doesn't include live sports. I can get episodes of the Wire from the Library on DVD for free.
You can get live sports on Kodi for free. It can be hit and miss depending on what you're looking for though.

If I'm sitting at the casa and decide I want to watch some random movie that just came out...or start binge watching some tv series that err'one is wetting their pants over...I'm not the kind of fellow that jumps in my car and heads to the local library. (which wouldn't have the newly released movies anyways)

I'm on the lazy side of things.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
This has been helpful. I don't need to make a decision until April, so I'm not in a hurry.

My main concern is the ability to watch K-State sports and the Royals live. That's it.

I have never DVRed a game and watched it later and I never will. I don't have DVR now with my cable and don't intend to do that either.

It sounds like Sling gives the ability to do what I want, but perhaps with a few issues.

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
This has been helpful. I don't need to make a decision until April, so I'm not in a hurry.

My main concern is the ability to watch K-State sports and the Royals live. That's it.

I have never DVRed a game and watched it later and I never will. I don't have DVR now with my cable and don't intend to do that either.

It sounds like Sling gives the ability to do what I want, but perhaps with a few issues.
Keep an eye on Playstation Vue. If they add Fox Sports KC, I'll definitely be ditching Sling for them. Not sure it's in their plans though.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »
_FAN if you have a device to watch sling you should do the 7 day free trial just so you can watch the Cats game at home

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
"Cord cutting" isn't a pain in the ass at all.

I guess, technically, we didn't completely cut the cord. We lowered our cable to the lowest option available...basically just the local channels and some others that never get watched. (tried an antenna for local channels, didn't work well)

In addition to the lowest tier from Cox, we have SlingTV, and Amazon FireTV. On the FireTV we've got Kodi installed with all the goodies.

The ONLY thing that is tough to find sometimes is live sports on an ESPN network. Even then, you can usually find a stream...it just might not be in HD.

Saving $80 or more per month has been worth it.

a stream?  that's not cutting the cord, that's stealing.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »
Why would you steal sd quality crap? Smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
Ya I can't even imagine how great your life is with that extra $80 per month

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
Welp, just spent some time checking into Kodi.  Installing that on the fire TVs tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2016, 12:38:40 PM »
Welp, just spent some time checking into Kodi.  Installing that on the fire TVs tonight.

eff ya, channels here we come!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
what channel is peaky blinders on?  i can't cut the cord if roku doesn't have it, gotta get my peaky on 
:don'tcare:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:06 PM »
I'm on the cusp of fully dumping cable (again) and taking advantage of Sling's 3 month pre-pay and get a Roku for 50% off deal.  Of course I'm open to alternatives besides Roku.   

(yes I know I can I find out online) Can Sling log-ins get you full access to Fox Sports Go?   Not really worried, as I can use good ol mom and pops TWC log-in in case, but curious.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:50 PM »
what channel is peaky blinders on?  i can't cut the cord if roku doesn't have it, gotta get my peaky on 
Don't worry.  #CordCutter AND #PeakyHead here.

All three seasons are on Netflix.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »

you are so knowledgeable about such a broad variety of topics, but my god your blind spot for TV related stuff is really something to behold

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »

you are so knowledgeable about such a broad variety of topics, but my god your blind spot for TV related stuff is really something to behold

says the guy defending a television show

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2016, 12:54:16 PM »
I'm on the cusp of fully dumping cable (again) and taking advantage of Sling's 3 month pre-pay and get a Roku for 50% off deal.  Of course I'm open to alternatives besides Roku.   

(yes I know I can I find out online) Can Sling log-ins get you full access to Fox Sports Go?   Not really worried, as I can use good ol mom and pops TWC log-in in case, but curious.

Just knowing how those services typically work I'd be shocked if you got access to anything on FS GO that is not available on SlingTV.  If you get the Blue package you still do get access to FS 1, FS 2, and at least one FS regional channel, though, and you can watch any of those on a phone, iPad, or computer, so really no reason for FS GO.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »

Huh?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »

Huh?

too mathy of a post for you?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »
Do you have to have a PS4 to use Vue, or can you just use the app like on Roku, or Fire TV??

Asking for an older friend.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2016, 01:01:25 PM »
clams, just stick to telling us about the best marinades or wallets or sly hating or whatever

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2016, 01:03:29 PM »
Do you have to have a PS4 to use Vue, or can you just use the app like on Roku, or Fire TV??

Asking for an older friend.

Nope, its just an app you can dl on roku, fire, etc.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »
Kodi ppl, I assume that you can pause these streams, right?  Including live sports?  also, how often do you find an add on no longer works.  Some youtubes I just watched made it sound like some come and go and some are always there. 

It sounds like the right add ons would allow someone to do this crazy clam cord cutting without even having the Vue, HBO Now, etc.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2016, 01:06:16 PM »
clams, just stick to telling us about the best marinades or wallets or sly hating or whatever

my goodness, this is rich