Author Topic: Kill Energy Independence and Fossil fuels. Kill a pipeline.  (Read 6294 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Energy Independence and Fossil fuels. Kill a pipeline.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »
She was oblivious to what she just said in front of the 99.9% male student body of the Const Sci dept.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »
I didn't say a got damn thing about libs, MIR.

Projection, much?

Again, FFS  :facepalm:

Slavery and Pipeline location:  The exact same thing.

#liblogic

MIR, FFS. :facepalm

I know you've been reduced to posing in nothing but dax code anymore so I may be wrong but what does "liblogic" mean?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 11:23:39 PM »
Just go around the Missouri river!

Seems reasonable...in dumbfuckery land. Almost as stupid as sham news source business insider claiming pipelines present "high risk of spill", which is an absurd lie.

They don't have to go around the entire Missouri River, just Lake Oahe. The spill statistics are from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration you rough ridin' illiterate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kill Energy Independence and Fossil fuels. Kill a pipeline.
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »
I didn't say a got damn thing about libs, MIR.

Projection, much?

Again, FFS  :facepalm:

Slavery and Pipeline location:  The exact same thing.

#liblogic

MIR, FFS. :facepalm

I know you've been reduced to posing in nothing but dax code anymore so I may be wrong but what does "liblogic" mean?

Liblogic as in lib7.  Damn. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:35:34 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »

Seems reasonable...in dumbfuckery land. Almost as stupid as sham news source business insider claiming pipelines present "high risk of spill", which is an absurd lie.

They don't have to go around the entire Missouri River, just Lake Oahe. The spill statistics are from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration you rough ridin' illiterate.

You might ought to want to read the article you posted a little closer. You might also ought to want to google Lake Oahe to see what it is.

I'll concede that the article you posted was an inarticulate confusing misleading clusterfuck, but if you can unravel it (or try a legitimate source) you'll see I'm correct.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 05:07:33 PM »

You might ought to want to read the article you posted a little closer. You might also ought to want to google Lake Oahe to see what it is.

I'll concede that the article you posted was an inarticulate confusing misleading clusterfuck, but if you can unravel it (or try a legitimate source) you'll see I'm correct.

I don't need to google Lake Oahe, I've been there. Almost all of that lake is in South Dakota, not north. I also have no idea why you keep referencing the article when the part that you took exception to was sourced. You hating facts isn't anything new though.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »
It's the rough ridin' missouri river you half-wit and the pipelines "pose a high risk of spill" was clearly editorialized. It's baffling how stubborn and stupid someone could be in the face of his own overwhelming evidence, which include a color graphic of the river. Yet here you are, completely ignorant.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
Mods, please rename this board Sugar Dick reluctantly  Teaches School to dumbfucks.  This thread should be called Dumbfuckery 010

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
It's unfathomable that there is any safe drinking water anywhere in the u.s. with poison pipes traversing every freshwater source thousands of times over.

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/806208946797158400

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
It's unfathomable that there is any safe drinking water anywhere in the u.s. with poison pipes traversing every freshwater source thousands of times over.

This pretty much sums it up. Yet every time a new pipeline is being built the liberals lose their minds.

Less than 60 days to go. Your nonsense is almost at an end.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 09:50:34 PM »

This pretty much sums it up. Yet every time a new pipeline is being built the liberals lose their minds.

With as many that were against his election? The nonsense for everyone is about to be cranked to 11 man. You ain't seen nothin yet, for Trump, the right, or the left.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »
Pfffft

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »
Environmental racism? lol  It's called risk assessment and environmental assessment as part of the permitting process under NEPA review. Just Bismarck has 70,000 residents, Sioux County has like 4,000.  As part of the process the permittee is required to identify less-risky solutions associated with known problems, aka a release to water supplies, and take steps to minimize or eliminate impact. Moving the pipeline downstream of public water supply intakes for 70k+ people versus upstream of 4k+ people is a no brainer and happens all of the time.   

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 10:26:51 AM »

Now this pipeline seems pretty superfluous

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 10:50:17 AM »
Chicat was mad when they added lanes to 435, it seemed superfluous to him. #dolt

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
Environmental racism? lol  It's called risk assessment and environmental assessment as part of the permitting process under NEPA review. Just Bismarck has 70,000 residents, Sioux County has like 4,000.  As part of the process the permittee is required to identify less-risky solutions associated with known problems, aka a release to water supplies, and take steps to minimize or eliminate impact. Moving the pipeline downstream of public water supply intakes for 70k+ people versus upstream of 4k+ people is a no brainer and happens all of the time.

You seem to be missing the "only water source" component of this equation. This same pipeline runs three miles from my house, I'm not freaking out about it because it does not threaten my sole manner of getting water. You don't understand the differences in water acquisition between a city and the standing rock reservation?

There are also the questions about the pre-existing land dispute and whether or not the state properly gave Standing Rock proper notification. There are so many questions about this, honestly I don't know why Dakota Access chose to fight this battle. The amount of money to reroute this pipeline away from Lake Oahe amounts to a rounding error. I guess they thought that the public was callous enough to back big oil instead of native americans who have been disenfranchised for 400 years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »

The Standing Rock protest isn't about the pipeline, its about this specific location. It would help if people like you and Charlie Kirk listened at some point.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »

You seem to be missing the "only water source" component of this equation. This same pipeline runs three miles from my house, I'm not freaking out about it because it does not threaten my sole manner of getting water. You don't understand the differences in water acquisition between a city and the standing rock reservation?

There are also the questions about the pre-existing land dispute and whether or not the state properly gave Standing Rock proper notification. There are so many questions about this, honestly I don't know why Dakota Access chose to fight this battle. The amount of money to reroute this pipeline away from Lake Oahe amounts to a rounding error. I guess they thought that the public was callous enough to back big oil instead of native americans who have been disenfranchised for 400 years.

You seem to not understand that the Missouri River is the sole source of water for Bismarck. Bismarck uses 34 MGPD. The entire Sioux County uses 0.83 MGPD. The Missouri River is only a PORTION of their water usage. Bismarck is 100% water from the Missouri. That's a huge planning issue from a drinking water standpoint during NEPA review and would be the only reason needed to relocate downstream of Bismarck.

Also, the State doesn't have authority over any Federal land. It's 100% a Federal notification issue. So being pissed off at the State for notification doesn't make sense when it was likely the Fed that dropped the ball. Without knowing any particulars in the pipeline's permit, these permits can't be issued without public notice so people knew about it, they're just nit-picking a side issue to advance their agenda of getting the pipeline delayed/moved.

This is probably the only local hotbed issue that has arisen in recent times so the Standing Rock people have been able to funnel and vent their 400 years of disenfranchisement. This is a non-issue 99.9% other places.   

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »
This whole "we weren't notified and the State wasn't notified quickly" really bugs me because as part of the permit, Dakota Access would be responsible for paying a third-party archaeologist to observe construction activities and would have an Unanticipated Discoveries Plan in place even after the initial permit assessment showed no likely historic artifacts to be present near the construction area.

In looking quickly through permit documents, I found this from the initial draft review:

http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/Portals/54/docs/pm/Reports/EA/DAPL/AppendixIUnanticipatedDiscoveryPlanIL.pdf?ver=2016-08-23-132354-080

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
His argument is completely irrational. On one hand, he's sticking to the "threatens to their sole source of water" frivolous concern, notwithstanding:

1) that this lake is really just a wide spot in the missouri river, and anywhere upstream the pipeline may cross (any many already do) presents a nearly identical risk (he may not know how rivers work), and
2) the absurdity that is the notion that a pipeline presents abnormal and unseasonable risk of spill, which is patently innacurate.

Because these arguments are so demonstrably weak and incoherent he's resorted to the rather insane position that Dakota wants to build the pipeline here to "get" the indians. As if Dakota desires to waste its resources so it can to stick it to the indians. It's rough ridin' crazy.

The agenda needs no subterfuge, just say you hate oil and gas development and be done with it. Just more illogical partisan bullshit from mir

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
i don't want to get too deep in this discussion because i don't want to research it, but i'm pretty sure the proposed pipeline route was placed as is because it follows an existing pipeline - which makes the permitting process about 90 billion times cheaper and easier.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
i don't want to get too deep in this discussion because i don't want to research it, but i'm pretty sure the proposed pipeline route was placed as is because it follows an existing pipeline - which makes the permitting process about 90 billion times cheaper and easier.

Yes, it follows a gas pipeline corridor called the North Border or something. Perceived water problems are based on the fact that the Dakota Access pipeline will carry crude.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »
Two major pipelines, massive power long lines, a nuclear power plant and a major military weapons depot, a chlorine production facility within a few miles of my house.

Who do I sue first?   

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
Why do people have such strong opinions about protesters like these? They don't really harm anyone. Ultimately, stuff almost always gets built one way or another.