Author Topic: Melania Trump  (Read 6049 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Melania Trump
« on: July 19, 2016, 12:54:57 AM »
Parts of Melania's speech at the first night of the RNC are being subjected to accusations of plagiarism. The accusations seem to be pretty spot on, although no one seems to be ready to place blame on her (although she says she wrote "most" of the speech, and worked weeks on it, and read it once on the plane from NY to Cleveland).

My question: How does The Donald respond? Did his speech writing staff screw up? Did his wife screw up?   :impatient:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Melania Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:02:31 AM »
Obama stole it. Obvious example of #timecrime

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:18:53 AM »
It's pretty obvious that the same person who wrote Melania's speech also wrote Michelle's speech.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
I don't give a crap at all but this is just too lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »
At this point, I think it's fair to say Camp Trump is trolling the crap out of the left and the media.

Not that that is a good thing, but that quite clearly appears to be what's going on.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:40:15 AM »
I knew something was wrong when I heard Melania say "for the first time in my life, I'm proud to be an American" and how she hopes to "wake up every morning in a house her ancestors built."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:41:43 AM »
So far Puni's theory is most likely Trump's defense

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:56 AM »
At this point, I think it's fair to say Camp Trump is trolling the crap out of the left and the media.

Not that that is a good thing, but that quite clearly appears to be what's going on.

:ROFL:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »
If you had told me that they would lead off the convention with his wife, I would have said that's pretty risky.  I you would have told me that she would copy a chunk of Michelle Obama's convention speech, I would have simply concluded it was a time crime.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »
As I actually look at the transcripts, this is a pretty weak case of plagiarism. It looks like a whopping two sentences were more less copied, but with a little repackaging, and the sentiments expressed are hardly novel. It looks like the speechwriter got a little too lazy but I'm not sure it even meets the technical definition of plagiarism (if we're using a Clinton word parsing standard).

By far the most interesting part of Melania's speech was not the "plagiarism," but the rickroll.

He will never, ever, give up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever, let you down.

Either Melania or the speechwriter is trolling America, and either way it's pretty funny.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:36:12 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »
Would be better if she started with, "four score and seven years ago."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
He rough ridin' owns the media and the left, and they don't even know it.  :lol:

There's no possible way the stuff he is doing is an accident, it is not possible, it has to be deliberate. Putting the mom of the benghazi guy on stage to point the finger at hillary, so over the top and right out of the leftist playbook. The reactions he gets further his narrative and make him the center of attention. It's sinister, but brilliant.

Look at dipshits like Andrew Sullivan groveling in their own hypocrisy. They don't know what to do, so they make wild accusations like trump is "destroying democracy".  :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:47 AM »
Hes playing 4d chess, media is playing tic tac toe

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »
Yes, Trump puts a Benghazi victim's mom at the podium - Hillary plans to put the mom of thug and phony victim Michael Brown at the podium.

Quite a contrast. But Hillary never has had a problem with lying, so I doubt it matters to her that she is perpetuating a false narrative that is making urban areas less safe and killing innocent police officers.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
As I actually look at the transcripts, this is a pretty weak case of plagiarism. It looks like a whopping two sentences were more less copied, but with a little repackaging, and the sentiments expressed are hardly novel. It looks like the speechwriter got a little too lazy but I'm not sure it even meets the technical definition of plagiarism (if we're using a Clinton word parsing standard).

By far the most interesting part of Melania's speech was not the "plagiarism," but the rickroll.

He will never, ever, give up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever, let you down.

Either Melania or the speechwriter is trolling America, and either way it's pretty funny.

When she said that, I assumed the speechwriter was trolling the Trumps.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
He rough ridin' owns the media and the left, and they don't even know it. 

There's no possible way the stuff he is doing is an accident, it is not possible, it has to be deliberate. Putting the mom of the benghazi guy on stage to point the finger at hillary, so over the top and right out of the leftist playbook. The reactions he gets further his narrative and make him the center of attention. It's sinister, but brilliant.

Look at dipshits like Andrew Sullivan groveling in their own hypocrisy. They don't know what to do, so they make wild accusations like trump is "destroying democracy".  :ROFL:

Hes playing 4d chess, media is playing tic tac toe

Yes, Trump puts a Benghazi victim's mom at the podium - Hillary plans to put the mom of thug and phony victim Michael Brown at the podium.

Quite a contrast. But Hillary never has had a problem with lying, so I doubt it matters to her that she is perpetuating a false narrative that is making urban areas less safe and killing innocent police officers.
:love: :love: :love:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »
The right is absolutely melting down because the left is laughing at them. This is reminiscent of ku removing the track

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
The right is absolutely melting down because the left is laughing at them. This is reminiscent of ku removing the track

That doesn't make sense. The left has been laughing ever since Trump made it onto the debate stage.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 11:04:44 AM »
Last night and the fallout is far more comical than any debate. Republicans staged a 4 hours of hate and everyone is laughing at them for it. It was perfect

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »
Republicans!  :curse:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:46 AM »
If I wanted Trump to win, I would be pretty pissed that he can't go a single day without stepping in it.  Rudy threw out the good red meat, but other than that, what has he done that has furthered the case against Hillary since she was publicly shamed by the FBI director?  Why was tonight not spent actually prosecuting that case?  Why was the rollout on 60 minutes not spent actually prosecuting that case?

It is fine to think that Melania saying some cliches that Michelle also said is not a big deal (it isn't a big deal), but the messaging over the past week has been terrible and all over the place.  If this was someone competent, it would've been a deafening drum beat of why Hillary Clinton can not be president from a non-stop parade of respectable people.

As someone who does not like Hillary, it is incredibly frustrating to not have someone that I could ever consider voting for running for the Republicans. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »
Also the resident republicans know that last night was ridiculous and and are probably pretty embarrassed and having to face the reality that donald trump represents their party which manifests itself in the meltdown we are witnessing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
It's definitely not as big of a deal as you're trying so eagerly to make it, lib^7, but by all means, continue your meltdown.  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 11:14:42 AM »
WackyCat08, go away, you have no clue what is going on