Author Topic: When did you first develop your distaste for K.U.?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
When did you first develop your distaste for K.U.?
« on: July 09, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
For me it was at my first KU - K-State football game in 1974 when I had three bimbos from KU sitting behind me doing nothing but complaining the entire game about everything K-State. When Grogan got stood up near the goal line on 4th down to effectively end the game someone spilled drinks all over their perfectly coiffed blonde hair which sent them to the exits in tears. I probably should have felt bad for them but after listening to their constant bitching, in my mind it simply became a case of them creating their own bad luck. My opinion of KU has continued to spiral downward ever since.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: When did you first develop your distaste for K.U.?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
Mine was at the same game in 74

The Big Train

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
when your grandpa graduated and played basketball for KSU and your parents met and both graduated from KSU you are born with it

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
I'm still working on it trim
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
Being from western Kansas, I naturally rooted for the Cats.  But to be honest, I really didn't give a crap about either one, due to both being BB schools.  It was only when ole Bill came and turned the Cats into a FB school that I seen how shitty KU fans were.  Those fucks were no longer in control, since we started kicking their ass in football.  They acted like their BB accomplishments were much greater then getting their ass kicked in FB.  They are a jealous lot and would love to see the Cats fail in FB, so they can dominate us.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 11:20:10 PM »
Conception.  Maybe the gleam in my daddy's eye just a bit before.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
Should have been "When did you first develop your diabetes for K.U.?"

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
Nuremberg

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
Mine had to be back in 1953 at the KU/Kansas State game in Lawrence.  If I remember correctly we had a winning record going into that game and it was actually one of the few nationally televised games for us back in that era.  On NBC I think.  Late in the 3rd quarter Bob "Crazy Legs" Balderston took the handoff from Bob Whitehead (who was our backup QB in to replace an injured Bob Dahnke) and streaked in for the touchdown to give us a 7-0 lead.  I stood up and yelled "Cool Daddy-O!" and some KU greaser behind me dumped his Nehi Orange Soda all over my wife.  I was like, What's your bag, man? And then he told me to flake off.  Long story short we ended up racing for pinks and I won myself a new deuce from that wet rag. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
Some people like the smell of farts, some don't.  Put me in the category of not liking the smell of farts, or not liking KU.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
I developed my distaste when I learned of the sanctioned rape culture in the community and campus.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »
When I went to school to get my degree from KU...  Grew up in an eastern kansas farm town that was roughly split 60/40 ksu/ku.  Always rooted for the cats and made the trek from lawrence to manhattan on weekends for games when i was in college, but KU gave a poor farm kid money to go there so I took it.  Anyway, I had a dislike for KU in high school, but in a small town, the only difference, really, between the 2 fan bases was the color of shirt they wore.  It wasn't until living in Lawrence and going to school with them that I really detested many in the Jayhawk fanbase.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
Mine was when i was sitting there, taking minutes in a meeting of the state legislature in January of 1863, as i was want to do at the time, and they mentioned not making Bluemont College the state university AND the state land-grant university.  Those blockheads said they were going to try to string something together in Lawrence instead and i was like "WTF guys?"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 08:34:29 AM »
Trim went to KU, I highly doubt he hates them, but that's a pretty good take from some GPC'r

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
Mine was in middle school, when KU fan (Benedictine alum) and vice principal Kerry Brungardt was such an bad person to an 8th grader over the result of a KU/K-State game.  Before that I couldn't have given two shits about either school.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »
Mine was in middle school, when KU fan (Benedictine alum) and vice principal Kerry Brungardt was such an bad person to an 8th grader over the result of a KU/K-State game.  Before that I couldn't have given two shits about either school.
:shakesfist:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 01:40:29 PM »
Truly, not until college. Been a fan since 2000 (Dad went to college in Montana and mom didn't go to college) so I had no strong opinion one way or another. And even though I had some annoying classmates that were ku fans the games at that time anyways were basically k-state owning football and ku owning basketball, so not much moved the needle one way or another.

True hatred though came in 2007 when we lost to them in football. If it weren't for the nubbs game in 2010 that was easily the most distraught after a game I have ever been (I missed out as you can see on '98). And then they won the orange bowl after a season of playing nobodies, with us being arguably their best win until they beat va. tech. Losing to the only real team they played in Mizzou and acting like they were some football gods. And then they won the basketball title. It was not enjoyable, at all. I await some phog lurker posting the '07 part of this and trying to defend that year and BCS bowl this and that. GMAFB
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »
Truly, not until college. Been a fan since 2000 (Dad went to college in Montana and mom didn't go to college) so I had no strong opinion one way or another. And even though I had some annoying classmates that were ku fans the games at that time anyways were basically k-state owning football and ku owning basketball, so not much moved the needle one way or another.

True hatred though came in 2007 when we lost to them in football. If it weren't for the nubbs game in 2010 that was easily the most distraught after a game I have ever been (I missed out as you can see on '98). And then they won the orange bowl after a season of playing nobodies, with us being arguably their best win until they beat va. tech. Losing to the only real team they played in Mizzou and acting like they were some football gods. And then they won the basketball title. It was not enjoyable, at all. I await some phog lurker posting the '07 part of this and trying to defend that year and BCS bowl this and that. GMAFB

It's always a great, "LOL," when they try to defend that season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk