Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47821 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »
So I guess Rudy Giuliani went full racist this weekend. I don't think I really saw that coming
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2016, 01:51:14 PM »
So I guess Rudy Giuliani went full racist this weekend. I don't think I really saw that coming

He is trying to trump himself to relevance again

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »
I think the point is that black lives should matter both to cops and other black people, and BLM loses a lot of credibility when it focuses on one issue to the exclusion of the other, particularly when black-on-black violence is a significantly worse issue.

BLM also tends to pick some really terrible victims to get behind. Maybe this time they've actually found some real victims - we'll see - but these riots just make things worse.

Also, the liberals are strangely reluctant to link this killer to BLM. I'm sure they would show similar restraint if a conservative group were involved....

I was driving home the other day and one of those little national news radio spots popped on. The ones the local people just read straight from the AP? So in describing the killers links to the Black Panthers on Facebook, they described it as "investigating possible links to an Afro-centric political group." You just can't make this crap up. The extent to which our government and media contort words or straight out lie to drive The Narrative is straight up George Orwell, and it is a major problem for the well being of our country.

I don't know who you, fsd, and wacky are referring to when you say blm, or the blm movement, or blm thugs; whatever. I do know that black lives matter and I think saying "all lives matter" is stupid because it is tone deaf and misses the point, in addition to that I'm unflinchingly, uncompromisingly black, so you must be talking about me.

The talking point that black lives matter is only about racist white cops is the biggest strawman and/or false flag that currently exists. People that say this including Rudy Giuliani fit into two categories; uneducated or are a liar. I have mentioned on here more than once the movement is about broader contextual issues like our country's history of institutional racism and how that has lead to a devaluation of black lives by all groups including other black people. This devaluation of black lives lead to things like police officers giving black people less latitude, surgeons giving black people less pain meds, and yes black-on-black crime. FSD has mocked me before for pointing this out.

You literally only have to read the first paragraph of the black lives matter wiki page philosophy section to find this:
Black Lives Matter incorporates those traditionally on the margins of black freedom movements.[7] The organization's website, for instance, states that Black Lives Matter is "a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of black people by police and vigilantes" and, embracing intersectionality, that "Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, black undocumented folks, folks with records, women and all black lives along the gender spectrum."[34]

Despite all of this I'm sure it's a matter of time before one of you brings up the old tired trope of, they just care about racist white cops.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2016, 02:26:54 PM »

I heard him on Face The Nation, that act isn't new for him. I loved his saying over and over "blacks have a 99% chance to be killed by another black." I'm not misquoting him either and he said it more than once. I watched he and Fuhrman during the Ferguson stuff and it was amazing to watch the both of them stop just short of saying "those porch monkeys need to find jobs."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »
Does it state how it goes beyond?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2016, 02:42:43 PM »
Be part of the solution- Chief Brown
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2016, 02:59:56 PM »

does it need to? it's called "black lives matter" not "hey WHITE PEOPLE, black lives matter"

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »

does it need to? it's called "black lives matter" not "hey WHITE PEOPLE, black lives matter"

Does it need to exist at all? 

I do think that if it stated how it goes beyond clearly, it makes it easier to understand the message.  That way I don't have to infer it.  Clarity is a good thing.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »

good grief

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »

good grief

I was just pointing to the ridiculousness of your question.  Necessity of course being arbitrary or subject to perspective in this instance.  You don't always have to be such a douche.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2016, 03:12:28 PM »

I do think that if it stated how it goes beyond clearly, it makes it easier to understand the message.  That way I don't have to infer it.  Clarity is a good thing.

Does the NRA need to exist?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »

Does the NRA need to exist?

Arbitrary I guess.  The NRA does have a clear mission statement so I can appreciate that.  I'm still unsure if BLM does or does not; those who might know seem to be incapable of answering a simple question.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2016, 03:32:28 PM »
"Black lives matter" is the opposite viewpoint of "black lives don't matter."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »

:rolleyes:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2016, 03:44:36 PM »

I think wacky is has morphed into a link clickbait bot or something.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
The talking point that black lives matter is only about racist white cops is the biggest strawman and/or false flag that currently exists. People that say this including Rudy Giuliani fit into two categories; uneducated or are a liar. I have mentioned on here more than once the movement is about broader contextual issues like our country's history of institutional racism and how that has lead to a devaluation of black lives by all groups including other black people. This devaluation of black lives lead to things like police officers giving black people less latitude, surgeons giving black people less pain meds, and yes black-on-black crime. FSD has mocked me before for pointing this out.

You literally only have to read the first paragraph of the black lives matter wiki page philosophy section to find this:
Black Lives Matter incorporates those traditionally on the margins of black freedom movements.[7] The organization's website, for instance, states that Black Lives Matter is "a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of black people by police and vigilantes" and, embracing intersectionality, that "Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, black undocumented folks, folks with records, women and all black lives along the gender spectrum."[34]

Despite all of this I'm sure it's a matter of time before one of you brings up the old tired trope of, they just care about racist white cops.

First, a great many BLM advocates would not agree with you. They freely admit their primary focus is on police brutality, and take offense to the suggestion that they should have to focus on black-on-black crime.

Regardless, there's a difference between (1) putting a statement on a website or having a symposium just to cover you bases and (2) what you're actual marching / protesting / rioting for. I haven't seen many BLM protests and riots organized against black-on-black violence or any of the other stuff you set forth above. The flashpoint for BLM is cop-on-black violence. That is what they take to the streets for, so that's what they are associated with. When BLM organizes a march through south side Chicago protesting black-on-black violence and calling for more police involvement to quell the violence, let me know.

So deny it until you're blue in the face, but you're either being naïve or disingenuous. BLM activists want to focus on the cops. They view black-on-black crime as either being a statistical falsehood, or irrelevant to the discussion. But if they really thought black lives mattered, they'd want to focus on saving as many black lives as possible, which means asking for more police intervention - not throwing rocks at them or worse.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:49:35 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2016, 04:31:16 PM »
:adios:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »
Man Chicago summers look like they suck. Lol at Cats2win worrying about pants for dinner.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »
Also how big of a pain in the ass are the Chicago protest going to be this weekend?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »
Man Chicago summers look like they suck. Lol at Cats2win worrying about pants for dinner.

Every weather condition in Chicago sucks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »
I think wanting police to kill fewer people of a certain race is a worthy cause even if it isn't the leading cause of death for that race.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »
Well there are already shitloads of marches for peace in SS Chicago already, including those who associate with BLM.

Yeah, I was looking for other events and I kept running into phrases like "including those who associate with BLM." It's pretty difficult to find an honest to goodness BLM protest against anything besides police brutality. A protest organized by a black fraternity doesn't seem like the same thing even if some of the members consider themselves to be part of the BLM movement. I realize that might seem like splitting hairs, but I don't think we can assume all black people, or all black protestors, associate with BLM. Most of the marches I've read about against black-on-black violence seem to be organized by faith groups.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »
Well there are already shitloads of marches for peace in SS Chicago already, including those who associate with BLM.

Yeah, I was looking for other events and I kept running into phrases like "including those who associate with BLM." It's pretty difficult to find an honest to goodness BLM protest against anything besides police brutality. A protest organized by a black fraternity doesn't seem like the same thing even if some of the members consider themselves to be part of the BLM movement. I realize that might seem like splitting hairs, but I don't think we can assume all black people, or all black protestors, associate with BLM. Most of the marches I've read about against black-on-black violence seem to be organized by faith groups.
Could be true, but on the flip side, these faith groups and fraternities and others are already marching and protesting on a frequent basis for violence in their communities. Would BLM see the need to duplicate that effort, especially when there media and other agents for change more or less ignore those protests anyway?
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »
Also how big of a pain in the ass are the Chicago protest going to be this weekend?

None.  Our itinerary is so well-spaced out that it allows for not just extra time traveling but the opportunity to participate in the protests, especially if they're specifically geared towards protesting police brutality.