Author Topic: Orlando shooting. Sad.  (Read 55501 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Orlando shooting. Sad.
« Reply #500 on: June 16, 2016, 02:38:59 PM »
Yup
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 16, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »
I'm trying to understand yesterday's filibuster. Normally a filibuster is to prevent a vote, but there was no vote scheduled. I gathered both sides were kicking around some ideas on legislation about tightening up gun sales to terrorist-ish types, but were trying to agree on detail, in their offices or whatever. So what was the point of that particular filibuster? Was the guy trying to make it so absolutely nothing else besides gun stuff happened in the actual legislature room until those outside the room got to a compromise? Did it work, or was it a lot of grandstanding?

What a ridiculous system. I tried watching last night and it was relegated to cspan2 while British legislators yelling were on the main channel. We need v2.0.

I don't know a ton about the procedural rules, but I think the speaker can have a lot of authority over what bills get considered and when. I think the filibuster was to get their bill on the floor for debate/consideration, which required at least some bipartisan support.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 16, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/

DENVER -- Gun sales are surging in the wake of Sunday’s deadly mass shooting in Orlando, Fla. The tragedy is generating new debate over gun control reform and the right to bear arms.

Gun shops typically see a spike in customers after mass shootings. But this time, many are seeing shoppers they’ve never really seen before: More gays and lesbians.

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 16, 2016, 03:21:39 PM »
I'm trying to understand yesterday's filibuster. Normally a filibuster is to prevent a vote, but there was no vote scheduled. I gathered both sides were kicking around some ideas on legislation about tightening up gun sales to terrorist-ish types, but were trying to agree on detail, in their offices or whatever. So what was the point of that particular filibuster? Was the guy trying to make it so absolutely nothing else besides gun stuff happened in the actual legislature room until those outside the room got to a compromise? Did it work, or was it a lot of grandstanding?

What a ridiculous system. I tried watching last night and it was relegated to cspan2 while British legislators yelling were on the main channel. We need v2.0.

I don't know a ton about the procedural rules, but I think the speaker can have a lot of authority over what bills get considered and when. I think the filibuster was to get their bill on the floor for debate/consideration, which required at least some bipartisan support.

How'd it go?

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 16, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »
Not the place, but why in the world would you need something bad to happen to you in order to not believe?
Are you being for reals?

i'd say most of these apply to wacky as well http://theslot.jezebel.com/in-honor-of-donald-trumps-70th-birthday-here-are-70-wa-1781899319
Hot take, pvegs. Happy Trim has found another bitch boy to eff with.

when i'm getting stung in the eyeballs by jellyfish next wk, i'm gonna miss these convos, wacks.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 16, 2016, 03:59:24 PM »
Jellyfish bukake really is a time for reflection.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 16, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Anyone want to explain the logic behind Obama working to take away Americans' right to keep and bear arms while at the same time arming the terrorist-supporting regime of Iran with nuclear weapons?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 16, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »
Anyone want to explain the logic behind Obama working to take away Americans' right to keep and bear arms while at the same time arming the terrorist-supporting regime of Iran with nuclear weapons?

I don't sweat Iran.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 16, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »
Jellyfish bukake really is a time for reflection.

too tru. after you exhaust your supply of "motherfuckers" all you're left with is "why am i here?" "how did i get here?"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »

How'd it go?

People on Facebook seem happy with it. :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 16, 2016, 05:06:29 PM »

How'd it go?

People on Facebook seem happy with it. :dunno:

Mission accomplished!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
Maybe not having all to deal with all the negative consequences of legal guns would free up some resources to focus in on dealing with the new illegal gun problem.

Well then you would have to deal with the negative consequences of not having legal guns, too.

Like????

Increase in violent crime, for example (DC, Chicago, etc).

Sorry I'm two days late here and if this has been discussed I apologize but am I reading correctly that emo is proposing more guns to fix the murder rate in Chicago?

:horrorsurprise:

Also not sure why you mentioned D.C., murder rate isn't up there

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 16, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »
Undoubtedly Obama's legacy will be the irreversible damage done to gun rights in America, it's shocking how difficult it is to legally acquire guns here as opposed to eight years ago. The rest of the modern world frequently wish their gun laws are as stringent as ours.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 16, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »
Maybe not having all to deal with all the negative consequences of legal guns would free up some resources to focus in on dealing with the new illegal gun problem.

Well then you would have to deal with the negative consequences of not having legal guns, too.

Like????

Sorry I'm two days late here and if this has been discussed I apologize but am I reading correctly that emo is proposing more guns to fix the murder rate in Chicago?

Your determination to put words in other people's mouths is astounding. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 16, 2016, 10:51:43 PM »
I feel like people that want the American public armed don't interact with many people in their daily lives.  People are too dumb to carry around hand cannons.  Hell 50% of the cops shouldn't have bullets. #hottake

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 16, 2016, 11:27:31 PM »
Regulation should totally be driven by feelings.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:41 AM »

Like????

Your determination to put words in other people's mouths is astounding.

You said that a negative consequence of having no legal guns is
What words am I putting in your mouth? Very basic logic is dictating that you believe more guns would be helpful in Chicago.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Orlando shooting. Sad.
« Reply #517 on: June 17, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »
FYI, DC vs Heller and Mcdonald vs. Chicago pretty much ended all of Chicago's strict gun laws as of 2008/10 so using Chicago as an example of gun control leading to more violent crime is pretty silly
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:56:25 AM by 8manpick »
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 17, 2016, 07:36:19 AM »
Did I miss in the news that the filibuster legit accomplished something or did the daily show get hoodwinked or did they lie?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/pbmjci/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-senate-democrats-filibuster-for-gun-control?xrs=share_copy_email_cctveapp

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 17, 2016, 07:38:54 AM »
any updates on if the praying accomplished something?

The Big Train

« Reply #520 on: June 17, 2016, 08:16:45 AM »
I don't think enough have prayed enough yet

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:31 AM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #522 on: June 17, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
Did I miss in the news that the filibuster legit accomplished something or did the daily show get hoodwinked or did they lie?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/pbmjci/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-senate-democrats-filibuster-for-gun-control?xrs=share_copy_email_cctveapp

My understanding is that they had a deal, but this guy filibustered it for no known reason other than he reps the district where Newton CT is, and then they did or will do the same deal again.

The bipartisan deal is that if you are on "a list" you can't buy a gun. So basically a swift kick in the nuts for due process rights. Very Obama-y.

I think you should keep getting news from the Daily show though. That's awesome.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:20 AM »
any updates on if the praying accomplished something?

It made a bunch of people who tweeted/posted that they were praying for Orlando instantly feel better about themselves...

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #524 on: June 17, 2016, 08:34:17 AM »
FYI, DC vs Heller and Mcdonald vs. Chicago pretty much ended all of Chicago's strict gun laws as of 2008/10 so using Chicago as an example of gun control leading to more violent crime is pretty silly

Fyi, this is completely inaccurate.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd