Author Topic: Players oscar has developed at K-State  (Read 1751 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Players oscar has developed at K-State
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Can we start a list?

Players who showed significant improvement
Shane Southwell
Nino Williams
DJamer

Players who showed significant regression
Marcus Foster
Westicles

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

catzacker

Re: Players oscar has developed at K-State
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:17:31 AM »
I propose the following buckets:

Players who got older and naturally got "better" at basketball

Players who left

Players that seemed good because they weren't asked to do that much but when they were asked to do more seemed to have "regressed"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
DJamer is a definite, I wouldn't put up a significant argument against Nino although I'm not sure how much better he got than a natural progression. I'm not willing to give him an ounce of credit for Shane.

What is amazing about DJamer is he is a big that missed two years with a broken foot. His game hasn't changed but he is stronger, seems to be more athletic and has increased his stamina; all things that can be attributed to S & C which has otherwise been a glaring hole under Weber. His confidence has also ballooned, he owned McKay yesterday, went right at the best shot blocker in the conference.

I wonder what role of two years of doing nothing but rehab, S & C played in his progression. IF he takes another step forward he will be a monster next season.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:36:44 AM »
Players who showed minimal improvement

Angel Rodriguez
Nigel Johnson
Jordan Henriquez

Obviously two out of three transferred
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:40:08 AM by Pett »

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
In two seasons playing for Oscar, Spradling regressed his shooting percentage in all three categories
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:15:09 AM by Pett »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »
DJamer is a definite, I wouldn't put up a significant argument against Nino although I'm not sure how much better he got than a natural progression. I'm not willing to give him an ounce of credit for Shane.

What is amazing about DJamer is he is a big that missed two years with a broken foot. His game hasn't changed but he is stronger, seems to be more athletic and has increased his stamina; all things that can be attributed to S & C which has otherwise been a glaring hole under Weber. His confidence has also ballooned, he owned McKay yesterday, went right at the best shot blocker in the conference.

I wonder what role of two years of doing nothing but rehab, S & C played in his progression. IF he takes another step forward he will be a monster next season.

Honest question, I'm wondering what you're line of thinking on Southwell is. He had such a weird career arc in general. Like, his junior year he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the conference and the other 3 he was Hopper from 3.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »

Honest question, I'm wondering what you're line of thinking on Southwell is. He had such a weird career arc in general. Like, his junior year he was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the conference and the other 3 he was Hopper from 3.
Shane went from taking wide open 3s as a junior to thinking he was a star as a senior. Rodney made a lot of players look good like that.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »

Shane went from taking wide open 3s as a junior to thinking he was a star as a senior. Rodney made a lot of players look good like that.

I enjoyed the way he shot it. Especially when he would actually make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »

Man I loved Shane but it seems we spent a good part of his senior year wondering wtf. I know he was unhappy with how he was restricted with Frank but ultimately the coaching change hurt him. I think he would have been his best with four years of oscar.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:57:01 PM »
You idiots seriously think Wes has regressed? He's our goddamn defacto PG.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
Omari?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »
Players who showed minimal improvement

Angel Rodriguez
Nigel Johnson
Jordan Henriquez

Obviously two out of three transferred

JO improved under Weber? He had no idea how to use JO and squandered all the progress JO displayed late in his junior year. We lost in the first round of hte tournament because he didn't play him in the first half.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 08:51:56 PM »
I wouldn't say Wes has regressed. Has not improved to the degree I hoped, but no regression.

Shane was probably overrated, at least in the sense that the ceiling people assumed he could hit was way too high. Also, as already expressed, Rodney made him look good. Four years under Weber for Shane would not have resulted in a better player.

DJamer is the only guy I've seen significantly improve under Weber, but it is hard to judge when he runs so many players off. He can play that card to get four more years.

Also, remember when running players off was a Frank problem? JFC