Author Topic: Ooo, Sensitive Lib's White Privilege crock of horse crap.  (Read 7269 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ooo, Sensitive Lib's White Privilege crock of horse crap.
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
MG said whites are privileged and we should be shamed into helping our downtrodden fellow humans of color and I just read some college is teaching deconstruction of whiteness to their privileged honkies.  This all is a load of crap. I grew up poor and I am not privileged white.  I am a son of a small dirt scratcher.  I guess having a mom and dad, love, discipline, and.respect for God, the law, and authority makes me special.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Ooo, Sensitive Lib's White Privilege crock of horse crap.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:16:31 AM »
I doubt she said anyone should be shamed
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:16:01 AM »
I don't like the way people use the term "white privilege," but I'm white and successful so don't care. :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »
You just said you don't like it so obviously you do care

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »

You just said you don't like it so obviously you do care

I don't like tofu either, but I rarely think about it and I certainly don't let it ruin my day.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »
In what way do people use the term "white privilege" that bothers you?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
As a reason for their not being able to achieve anything.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
Could you give some examples of where you've heard this? I've never heard anyone say this before

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 11:36:23 AM »
MG said whites are privileged and we should be shamed into helping our downtrodden fellow humans of color and I just read some college is teaching deconstruction of whiteness to their privileged honkies.  This all is a load of crap. I grew up poor and I am not privileged white.  I am a son of a small dirt scratcher.  I guess having a mom and dad, love, discipline, and.respect for God, the law, and authority makes me special.

Not sure how old you are but if your dad is/was a farmer you probably weren't poor.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
Not sure how old you are but if your dad is/was a farmer you probably weren't poor.

lots of farmers are poor, rusty.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »
We had the.crappist land in Renoland, and six kids, 4 dogs, and a.bunch of.critters to feed.  I buy rich privilege, but not white.  Actually non whites get more breaks than poor whites.  The only Champeon we have had is squirrel eater Governor Huckleberry from Arkiesawed.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 12:02:20 PM »

Could you give some examples of where you've heard this? I've never heard anyone say this before

Other than just general noise, no. I don't typically engage in white privilege debates for the reasons outlined above.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

lots of farmers are poor, rusty.

not in Kansas after the crash in the 80's.

We had the.crappist land in Renoland, and six kids, 4 dogs, and a.bunch of.critters to feed.  I buy rich privilege, but not white.  Actually non whites get more breaks than poor whites.  The only Champeon we have had is squirrel eater Governor Huckleberry from Arkiesawed.

did you know any black landowners in Renoland?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »

bullshit.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 12:16:24 PM »

bullshit.
"Lots"? No. They exist, but are rare.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:14 PM »
perhaps you are conflating the terms landowners and farmers.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 12:42:29 PM »
perhaps you are conflating the terms landowners and farmers.
It's difficult to find good info on exactly what farmers pay themselves, but farm net incomes in Kansas are very high on average. Maybe you're confusing farmhand and farmer?

In today's climate it would be nearly impossible for a "poor" farmer to exist in Kansas due to the massive amounts of capital required (even if they don't own land). They would definitely be few and far between. And even a "poor" farmer would likely be in a better financial situation than most of their peers in a typical rural Kansas community.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 12:46:36 PM »

bullshit.
"Lots"? No. They exist, but are rare.
haha
Yes, lots.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
In today's climate it would be nearly impossible for a "poor" farmer to exist in Kansas due to the massive amounts of capital required (even if they don't own land). They would definitely be few and far between. And even a "poor" farmer would likely be in a better financial situation than most of their peers in a typical rural Kansas community.

i don't think you know what you're talking about.  maybe you do on the part about relative to non-farmers living in rural kansas.  i wouldn't know what i'm talking about with respect to them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »

i don't think you know what you're talking about.  maybe you do on the part about relative to non-farmers living in rural kansas.  i wouldn't know what i'm talking about with respect to them.

Do you have evidence of "lots" of "poor" farmers?

This is obviously an article with an agenda, but it supports my anecdotes.

http://www.ewg.org/agmag/2010/05/farm-income-data-debunks-subsidy-myths

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »
this is much more complex than i would like.  you have to really sort of try to piece a lot of stuff together to get a picture that fits my perception of farm economic demography.  and in doing so, it's likely that one's preconceptions influence how you fit things together.

here's the link.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/184479/eib66_1_.pdf

here's what i think that is both in the article and fits with my perception.

- a smallish % of extremely poor farmers (less than 10% - i think it says 2-8, depending on how defined).
- a fairly large % of farmers who either entirely lease land or own a bit and lease a lot more.  some of these make good money, but many do not.  unfortunately, this dataset doesn't seem to break out the incomes and net worth of farm operators by land ownership.
- a fairly substantial % of old farmers who earn very little farm income and have very little disposable income.  many (most) of these farmers own land assets that value more than the national mean/median net worth (although if viewed as their retirement funds, i would still consider many (most ?) to be well below what in my mind would be necessary for a secure retirement.)
- a smaller % of younger farmers who farm a little land and basically derive all of their income from non-farm sources.
- a largish number of non-operator farm owners.  mostly wealthy.
- substantial % of of farm owners with substantial acreage.  almost by definition high net-worth, and mostly above average income.

because of the overlap between categories, fuzziness of some categories, and simply divergence in opinion of classification (i think of old farmers with low incomes and modest, but above national average, net worth as more poor than not.  i can certainly see arguments that they are not poor, but think there is a rational argument that they are.  young farmers with very low farm income, and near median non-farm income are even harder to classify, at least for me) it is hard to say from this whether there are "lots" of poor farmers or not.  i know i've been exposed to a fairly high % (high % that i would classify as poor or at least non-wealthy) among farmers i know or have interacted with.  probably a higher % than is true of the overall farm population.  even accounting for that bias, they seem to me to be a fairly substantial proportion of farm operators.  somewhere in the 20-25%ish range.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:04:15 PM by sys »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
another bias i'm sure i have, though perhaps less than many on this board, is that the upper ranges of income/net worth that i consider poor are not really poor.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:52 PM »

Really?  Is that a serious statement?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »
Sharecroppers. Dirt renters.  Soil scum. Rural ghetto.  Everyone has the opportunity for capitalistic equality opportunity in America.  Bloated Africans.do not.