Author Topic: Scalia  (Read 56860 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Scalia
« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »
I want to vote with my cell phone

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »

Yeah, why isn't there an app to vote yet? I mean, if Facebook can let me show my anger at a post then why can't I vote on my phone???

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 24, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »

Yeah, why isn't there an app to vote yet? I mean, if Facebook can let me show my anger at a post then why can't I vote on my phone???

Regresocons will die before they allow citizens an easier path to voting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
If we made it easier to vote than it already is, I'm sure that would be a welcome convenience for many voters. But I also think it would further dumb-down the electorate, and weren't we just discussing how the electorate is already too stupid? (It probably also encourages more fraud, but just leave that aside.)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »
If we made it easier to vote than it already is, I'm sure that would be a welcome convenience for many voters. But I also think it would further dumb-down the electorate, and weren't we just discussing how the electorate is already too stupid? (It probably also encourages more fraud, but just leave that aside.)

Isnt the whole point of your beloved constitution and this country that men are smart enough to govern themselves?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 24, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »
"You can cast your vote up to 4 times via twitter and facebook, and of course buy your favorite on iTunes"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 24, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »
something like 2.5% of the population participated in nevada's pub primary, and they gave trump his largest victory margin to date.  so i'm not sure if ksuw should be hanging his hat on limiting voter participation as the means of preserving his preferred ideology.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2016, 02:09:15 PM »
I think outlawing caucuses would be a nice first step toward improving voter turnout.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »
I think outlawing caucuses would be a nice first step toward improving voter turnout.

There should be some legislation providing an actual structure to the system rather than two private companies(RNC and DNC) doing what they want.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »

I think plenty of stupid people vote already.  I enjoyed the mail in ballot when I was in Colorado, even if widespread voter fraud got Gardner elected.  I was able to sit down with my iPad and do some research on the races I was not fully up to speed with.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »

Isnt the whole point of your beloved constitution and this country that men are smart enough to govern themselves?

My beloved constitution? Good grief. Also, the Constitution says nothing, either explicitly or implicitly, about making it easier for the laziest and dumbest members of our society to vote. It's already pretty easy. In fact, there were much stricter limitations on the right to vote when the Constitution was written.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 24, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
I think plenty of stupid people vote already.

Yes. But let's not make it worse.

I enjoyed the mail in ballot when I was in Colorado, even if widespread voter fraud got Gardner elected.  I was able to sit down with my iPad and do some research on the races I was not fully up to speed with.

So... you're ok with fraud devaluing your vote, as long as it's easier? Tell you what: if it's easier for you, just email your vote to [email protected]. It probably won't count, but as long as it's easier, right?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »

My beloved constitution? Good grief. Also, the Constitution says nothing, either explicitly or implicitly, about making it easier for the laziest and dumbest members of our society to vote. It's already pretty easy. In fact, there were much stricter limitations on the right to vote when the Constitution was written.

That's not my point. My point is the foundation of this country is based on the fact that man should be self governed. And you're basically saying man is too stupid to be self governed. Which I agree with.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 24, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »

That's not my point. My point is the foundation of this country is based on the fact that man should be self governed. And you're basically saying man is too stupid to be self governed. Which I agree with.

No, I'm not making a point about "man" at all. I am saying that some men (and women) are so stupid and immature that they ought not be voting. There's absolutely nothing inconsistent about that. We already have limitations on voting, and that is not contrary to the Constitution or the vague notion of "self-governance."

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 24, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »

No, I'm not making a point about "man" at all. I am saying that some men (and women) are so stupid and immature that they ought not be voting. There's absolutely nothing inconsistent about that. We already have limitations on voting, and that is not contrary to the Constitution or the vague notion of "self-governance."

So basically if someone doesn't agree with you they shouldn't vote because they are obviously stupid. The disdain you show for your fellow Americans is exactly why Trump is winning FYI.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 24, 2016, 03:01:59 PM »
something like 2.5% of the population participated in nevada's pub primary, and they gave trump his largest victory margin to date.  so i'm not sure if ksuw should be hanging his hat on limiting voter participation as the means of preserving his preferred ideology.

Uh huh. So you're saying that by making it easier to vote, the number of intelligent, engaged people who will now vote but otherwise would not have ('cause it was just too darned hard to have an ID / drive to a polling location) will equal or exceed the number of morons for whom a canvasser with an iPad will cast their vote for them? Look, I can't prove you're wrong, but I've got enough common sense to know you're wrong.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 24, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »

So basically if someone doesn't agree with you they shouldn't vote because they are obviously stupid. The disdain you show for your fellow Americans is exactly why Trump is winning FYI.

No, that's absolutely not what I said. At all. But if that's how you interpreted what I said, you probably aren't smart enough that you should be voting.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 24, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »

No, that's absolutely not what I said. At all. But if that's how you interpreted what I said, you probably aren't smart enough that you should be voting.

Ok then tell me..in Chant's perfect work who should be able to vote?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 24, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »
I think plenty of stupid people vote already.

Yes. But let's not make it worse.

I enjoyed the mail in ballot when I was in Colorado, even if widespread voter fraud got Gardner elected.  I was able to sit down with my iPad and do some research on the races I was not fully up to speed with.

So... you're ok with fraud devaluing your vote, as long as it's easier? Tell you what: if it's easier for you, just email your vote to [email protected]. It probably won't count, but as long as it's easier, right?

I was joking about the fraud.  I think it was you that mentioned a long while back that Colorado would likely have voter fraud by the crafty democrats, meanwhile the democrat was voted out of office for a republican.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
I told you, regresocons will fight tooth and nail to make voting as as much of a pain in the ass as possible because they know their party ideals don't jive with a majority of Americans
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 24, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
Uh huh. So you're saying that by making it easier to vote, the number of intelligent, engaged people who will now vote but otherwise would not have ('cause it was just too darned hard to have an ID / drive to a polling location) will equal or exceed the number of morons for whom a canvasser with an iPad will cast their vote for them? Look, I can't prove you're wrong, but I've got enough common sense to know you're wrong.

i'm saying that we just had an election where 2.5% of the population participated and they overwhelmingly chose a candidate you consider to be stupid.  the data (datum, so by all means show me more) simply doesn't support your hypothesis.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »

i'm saying that we just had an election where 2.5% of the population participated and they overwhelmingly chose a candidate you consider to be stupid.  the data (datum, so by all means show me more) simply doesn't support your hypothesis.

maybe he thinks that higher participation would have led to an even larger trump landslide? :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 24, 2016, 03:20:31 PM »
And I mean, I do kind of admire the fact that he comes right out and says he wants to disenfranchise a significant amount of people because of their intelligence rather than hiding behind voter fraud concerns. It's an interesting honesty.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 24, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
Both parties want as few ppl voting as possible.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 24, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
maybe he thinks that higher participation would have led to an even larger trump landslide? :dunno:

maybe you've got to get below 1% before the reasoned voters can outnumber the low-infos.