Author Topic: Scalia  (Read 56812 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Scalia
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »
Why even have oral arguments then?
Theoretically it gives the court a chance to better understand the parties' arguments in their respective briefs. FWIW, audio recordings and transcripts of oral arguments are available.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:07 AM »
No.cameras in the Supreme Court.  They ruined Congress and has led.to divided partisan government.  We don't need.people in black Hillary pantsuits showboating.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
Why even have oral arguments then?
Theoretically it gives the court a chance to better understand the parties' arguments in their respective briefs. FWIW, audio recordings and transcripts of oral arguments are available.

John Oliver already solved this

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/22/7038259/john-oliver-all-dog-supreme-court-argue-aereo-case

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »

I love how dax still thinks Obama only got elected because he's black, but rejects any notion that he is the racist. "It's not me it's those people."

Absolutely no where did I say "only got elected because he's black", MIR is so freaking weird and always butthurt.

Okay bud, keep splitting those hairs

Yes, nothing beats the intelligence of a voting base of which a substantial number in that base vote based on skin color.

That could be applicable to any voter base. (But if you have to explain . . .). Never stop with the over the top hyperbole combined with delusional reading comprehension issues

#mirgonnamir #sad

You didn't say it about any voter base though, as a matter of fact it has only been said about one. You keep equivocating though, we can all read. Keep swimming lil buddy, we'll eventually forget.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
No.cameras in the Supreme Court.  They ruined Congress and has led.to divided partisan government.  We don't need.people in black Hillary pantsuits showboating.

take a break with this sock for a while. come back refreshed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2016, 01:30:26 PM »

I love how dax still thinks Obama only got elected because he's black, but rejects any notion that he is the racist. "It's not me it's those people."

Absolutely no where did I say "only got elected because he's black", MIR is so freaking weird and always butthurt.

Yes, nothing beats the intelligence of a voting base of which a substantial number in that base vote based on skin color.

That could be applicable to any voter base. (But if you have to explain . . .). Never stop with the over the top hyperbole combined with delusional reading comprehension issues

#mirgonnamir #sad

You didn't say it about any voter base though, as a matter of fact it has only been said about one. You keep equivocating though, we can all read. Keep swimming lil buddy, we'll eventually forget.

:lol:

Like I said, delusion coupled with hyperbolic over the top rhetoric #mirgonnamir

Totally innocuous, and generic comment taken completely out of context . . . but #sad

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »

#mirgonnamir #sad

Like I said, delusion coupled with hyperbolic over the top rhetoric #mirgonnamir

Totally innocuous, and generic comment taken completely out of context . . . but #sad

You want to keep your racist comment here in the fold I'll be completely happy to oblige you. Again, we can all read.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

#mirgonnamir #sad

You want to keep your racist comment here in the fold I'll be completely happy to oblige you. Again, we can all read.

If you want to believe that substantial elements of a voter base don't vote based solely on race in certain situations, that's fine.   It only adds intellectual dishonesty to your long list of issues. 

@sohateful @mirgonnamir

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »

If you want to believe that substantial elements of a voter base don't vote based solely on race in certain situations, that's fine.   It only adds intellectual dishonesty to your long list of issues. 

@sohateful @mirgonnamir

There we go, I cleaned it up a bit to cut out a few of your excuses. It seems you are incapable of shutting up or at the very least apologize for being slightly inarticulate. So I'll happily keep bumping you saying Obama was only elected because he's black.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Scalia
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47:39 PM »
Lol, I'll always lampoon intellectual dishonesty and hyperbolic delusion that you manage to define and redefine nearly everyday.

#sohateful
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:56:55 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2016, 09:06:49 PM »
Lol, I'll always lampoon intellectual dishonesty and hyperbolic delusion that you manage to define and redefine nearly everyday.

#sohateful

Well at least you didn't quite this again
Yes, nothing beats the intelligence of a voting base of which a substantial number in that base vote based on skin color

we're making progress

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Scalia
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »

#sohateful

Yes, nothing beats the intelligence of a voting base of which a substantial number in that base vote based on skin color

we're making progress

I'll quote it all day.  In your hyperbolic rages you've watered down the term "racist" to the point no one takes it (when you toss it around) seriously anymore.  It's sad and pathetic but #mirisgonnamir #sohateful. #intellectualdishonesty
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:17:17 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »
For once, I agree completely with the NYT Editorial Board. The Senate should refuse to confirm the President's pick:

The President’s supporters insist vehemently that, having won the 2012 election, he has every right to try to change the Court’s direction. Yes, but the Republicans won the 2014 election, regaining control of the Senate, and they have every right to resist. This is not the same Senate that confirmed Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2016, 09:42:23 PM »
of course both parties have the right to use their distinct powers.  if they were normal, rational actors they would settle on a compromise candidate and the govt would function as intended.  it doesn't make sense for either side to insist on an extremist of their own side, at the risk of an extremist of the other side (and at the added cost of a prolonged battle over the appointment).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2016, 10:05:09 PM »
For once, I agree completely with the NYT Editorial Board. The Senate should refuse to confirm the President's pick:

The President’s supporters insist vehemently that, having won the 2012 election, he has every right to try to change the Court’s direction. Yes, but the Republicans won the 2014 election, regaining control of the Senate, and they have every right to resist. This is not the same Senate that confirmed Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor.
Did you think this was clever?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2016, 10:36:34 PM »
Mitch McConnell trolled the eff out of the libtards.

They've been absolutely shredded on their dishonest UNPRECEDENTED talking points.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »

#sohateful

we're making progress

I'll quote it all day.  In your hyperbolic rages you've watered down the term "racist" to the point no one takes it (when you toss it around) seriously anymore.  It's sad and pathetic but #mirisgonnamir #sohateful. #intellectualdishonesty

I actually don't use it very much. We've been over this a million times on this blog. There's a search function right up there, feel free to use it to prove me wrong. I'd say strongly intimidating that black period only voted for Obama because they're black certainly rises to racism. BTW, you think I give a crap how you or anyone else perceives the power of the word racism. Too you and your ilk you gotta commit a lynching while writing n-word on the body for the racism tag to stick.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »

#sohateful

we're making progress

I actually don't use it very much. We've been over this a million times on this blog. There's a search function right up there, feel free to use it to prove me wrong. I'd say strongly intimidating that black period only voted for Obama because they're black certainly rises to racism. BTW, you think I give a crap how you or anyone else perceives the power of the word racism. Too you and your ilk you gotta commit a lynching while writing n-word on the body for the racism tag to stick.

Case in point of hyperbolic delusion. 

By implication you are saying that I said  all black people who voted for Obama only voted for him because he was black.  That's not what I said at all.   The fact that you don't get that is sadly not the least bit surprising. 

The rest is just typical enraged over the top MIR bullshit. 

#sad #pathetic

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2016, 12:23:10 AM »

#sohateful

we're making progress

Case in point of hyperbolic delusion. 

By implication you are saying that I said  all black people who voted for Obama only voted for him because he was black.  That's not what I said at all.   The fact that you don't get that is sadly not the least bit surprising. 

The rest is just typical enraged over the top MIR bullshit. 

#sad #pathetic

Yeah man, I'm enraged. Enraged black man, keep blowing that dog whistle. Not racist at all, totes enlightened. How many posts until you accuse me of being lazy?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2016, 12:31:51 AM »
Are you guys arguing whether blacks supported Obama because of his skin color?

Time magazine: "Yes Obama’s blackness is part of why many blacks support him."

According to CNN exit polls, 93% of African-Americans, 71% of Hispanics and 73% of Asians supported Obama over Romney.

Duh!

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »
Racist :curse: media :curse: dax :curse:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2016, 12:37:43 AM »
Black presidential candidates have traditionally done very well in American political elections. Black people have been unwavering in their support of other coons; well done jigs :thumbs:

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »
White people voting for Obama made the difference :lol:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2016, 05:28:58 AM »
FTR, use of the word coons seems pretty racist to me.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2016, 07:05:28 AM »
Lol both macro and micro aggressions in just a couple of MIR posts.