Author Topic: Bloomberg  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomberg
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
We need a thread on how stupid and out dated the electoral college is

Are you saying we need a playoff?  For the tv money right?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
I would propose a playoffy system, yes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »
I read it but don't know the appeal, especially if you're not a policy match.

it's hard to explain in brief, and i don't want to type out a gigantic love post to bloomie.  there are reasons both logical and sublogical (for example, i consume and like some of the products of his media enterprises, that conflates into some positive feelings towards him).  but basically he is extremely accomplished.  seems to be honest and concerned about some idea of public virtue - for example he has had national political ambitions for some time, but he spearheaded the cup size thing in ny even though he had to be aware that doing so was damaging to any national ambitions he has.  i disagree with him on that issue too, but i admire that he did what he thought was right even though it was damaging to him.  i also like his disdain for the political parties.  and his personality.  like that thing in the article about overriding the ceo on the labor lawyer and firing his ass a few weeks later.  i like that.

i mean, i don't agree with any politician of any party on tons of stuff, probably the majority of stuff.  so the fact that i disagree with bloomberg on a lot doesn't disqualify him from me liking him more than any of the others.

That's all fair I guess, pretty thin for reasoning to vote for a pres imo but certainly I've seen much worse justifications. I do think that Bloomberg supporters should acknowledge that a Bloomberg presidency would look no differently than a Clinton presidency.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:39 PM »
another guy i really came to like this season is graham.  before he ran for president, i basically only knew him from jon stewart's southern belle stuff.  but he's actually a rare delight.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/03/the_ballad_of_lindsey_graham_republican_truth_teller_and_aspiring_late_night_comic_and_the_death_of_the_gop/
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
Mr Bloomberg said that his run would split the vote. If there was no clear winner in the popular vote, it would create a situation where Congress would choose the president, he said.

"As the race stands now, with Republicans in charge of both Houses, there is a good chance that my candidacy could lead to the election of Donald Trump or Senator Ted Cruz," Mr Bloomberg wrote.

"That is not a risk I can take in good conscience."

#nevertrump, #nevercruz.  #neverbloomie  :cry:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."