Author Topic: Why so sad Cats?  (Read 53927 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Why so sad Cats?
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
Who rough ridin' cares about a game with Arizona in  2024? 

Hey HELLHAMMER HOW ABOUT YOU GO eff YOURSELF

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
Who rough ridin' cares about a game with Arizona in  2024? 

Hey HELLHAMMER HOW ABOUT YOU QUIT WITH THE COMMON SENSE

NO
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2016, 08:14:56 AM »
I'm going to go and then take my family to visit the great wall that Donald Trump will have built on the border.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »
I'm going to go and then take my family to visit the great wall that Donald Trump will have built on the border.
It'll be huuuuuuuuuuuuge

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »
Before you all start gnashing teeth, tearing clothes and wearing burlap (read your bible for the reference) here is what has been talked about in ITK circles:

1. There will be at least one coordinator retiring.
2. Jim Levitt is a name widely believed to be filling a spot.
3. People who had attended the ground breaking of the NE corner were openly talking at the WVU game about a gentlemen agreement with Brent Venables already a done deal. No time line. Brent is happy where he's at, what he's making, where his son is playing HS football. He's in no rush, but DOES want to coach the Cats when Bill hangs up the windbreaker.
4. Bill is reportedly on board. Sean will be held over to the new staff doing what he does now. Title may change, may not.
5. Bill is not going anywhere until he hits 200 wins, health willing. He set a goal and damn it he's going to show those youngsters that you don't give up on goals. After he hits 200, he'll actually sit down and map out and exit, not until then.
6. If Bill does leave/die mid season, Currie will only give the interim title to a coach with head coach credentials, like Dimel...or any other coordinator that might (might) come on staff with prior HC experience.

Not a lot to add to this but one important variable change since the post on number 5 regarding " after 200 he'll actually sit down and map out an exit, not until then ".....the sitting down and mapping out has already occurred. Short on details but confirm that there is at least a solid map.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
Before you all start gnashing teeth, tearing clothes and wearing burlap (read your bible for the reference) here is what has been talked about in ITK circles:

3. People who had attended the ground breaking of the NE corner were openly talking at the WVU game about a gentlemen agreement with Brent Venables already a done deal. No time line. Brent is happy where he's at, what he's making, where his son is playing HS football. He's in no rush, but DOES want to coach the Cats when Bill hangs up the windbreaker.
4. Bill is reportedly on board. Sean will be held over to the new staff doing what he does now. Title may change, may not.
5. Bill is not going anywhere until he hits 200 wins, health willing. He set a goal and damn it he's going to show those youngsters that you don't give up on goals. After he hits 200, he'll actually sit down and map out and exit, not until then.
6. If Bill does leave/die mid season, Currie will only give the interim title to a coach with head coach credentials, like Dimel...or any other coordinator that might (might) come on staff with prior HC experience.

Not a lot to add to this but one important variable change since the post on number 5 regarding " after 200 he'll actually sit down and map out an exit, not until then ".....the sitting down and mapping out has already occurred. Short on details but confirm that there is at least a solid map.

HHHEEEYYYY YYYOOOUUU GGGUUUUYYYSS!!!! I FOUND THE MAP!!!

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »
2024?  Will we even have a football program at that time?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2016, 09:54:46 AM »

If we kept it for 4 decades from the 50's through the 80s, there's no reason not to think we'll keep it for 7 more years.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2016, 10:33:58 AM »
My name is Pendergast and I am sad because the head football coach is suffering from dementia and the athletic director is suffering from testicular absentia.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2016, 01:49:03 PM »

By map you mean Sean?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »

If we kept it for 4 decades from the 50's through the 80s, there's no reason not to think we'll keep it for 7 more years.

In my opinion things are not very similar now to what they were from the 50's to the 80's.  So personally, I will not use that period of time to provide guidance on how the future of the sport of football at the D1 level and the KSU program will proceed.  However, for completely different reasons I agree that we'll keep our football team for 7 more years.

Offline TwobizE2P

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »

By map you mean Sean?

Definitely not. Not sure if serious but I gave you a serious response, not withstanding.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2016, 09:15:12 AM »

Any updates on 1 and 2?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2016, 09:21:04 AM »
Rumblings there is a hang up on the BV situation because Currie isn't on board

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2016, 09:45:52 AM »
Who the hell else would be planning this?

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »

How is Currie not on board?? This is the big hire he was been waiting for since he got here! Unless Saban or Meyer are ditching their current homes, I am pretty sure we all want BV. Currie appeases the fan base, gets a good coach, and we can begin to start the next era of KSU Football... it makes no sense.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »

How is Currie not on board?? This is the big hire he was been waiting for since he got here! Unless Saban or Meyer are ditching their current homes, I am pretty sure we all want BV. Currie appeases the fan base, gets a good coach, and we can begin to start the next era of KSU Football... it makes no sense.

He probably found somebody who had a bad thing to say about BV. That is a deal killer.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2016, 10:41:10 AM »

He probably found somebody who had a bad thing to say about BV. That is a deal killer.

So the Vanier's

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »
The Greater Dallas Courtyard by Marriott was all booked up through this weekend, so he hasn't even been able to think about it yet.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
I mean, have we even paid some exorbitant consultant fee to one of Currie's friends yet?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2016, 11:09:15 AM »
We've all been duped!!!  :curse:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:03 AM »
 One of his Wake Forest bros suggested Jim Grobe...search over.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
I mean, have we even paid some exorbitant consultant fee to one of Currie's friends yet?

This.

Little twerps like Currie are all about power and influence.  If it came from somebody else, Currie will be against it, even if it was Bill Belichick.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »
No one who has posted ITT has any inside info regarding KSU footballs coaching situation. Hope that helps.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »

This.

Little twerps like Currie are all about power and influence.  If it came from somebody else, Currie will be against it, even if it was Bill Belichick.

We're getting Belichick!? :Wha: