Author Topic: Texas, more specifically Greg Abbott, hates your freedom, and the Constitution  (Read 10452 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
So rough ridin' delusional :facepalm:

Edna, you are a libtard characiture
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I have a great deal of issue with them having the same Constitutional rights as a person.  Since the vast majority of corporations are closely held, the individuals controlling them don't need two voices.

WTF strawman arguments are you talking about?  See above.

Corps now have freedom of speech per Citizens UnitedYou want to deny a corporation the right to make a statement?

Corps now have religious beliefs transferred into them from their closely held owners per Burwell. No. Corporations have the right to say no to spending THEIR money on abortion drugs they morally object to.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I have a great deal of issue with them having the same Constitutional rights as a person.  Since the vast majority of corporations are closely held, the individuals controlling them don't need two voices.

Corps now have freedom of speech per Citizens UnitedYou want to deny a corporation the right to make a statement?

Corps now have religious beliefs transferred into them from their closely held owners per Burwell. No. Corporations have the right to say no to spending THEIR money on abortion drugs they morally object to.

Who is morally objecting to the drugs? I think having morals is a trait of a person. :shrugs:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Governments aren't people and therefore shouldn't be able to determine what's illegal or immoral.
-chuck and edna, two intellectually bankrupt mongoloids

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LOL
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/texastribune/status/1404954422749319175?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the same day the senate passed a bill making juneteenth a federal holiday :lol: America, folks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The comparison  :lol: :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Alright, alright.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Now private companies in Texas can’t mandate vaccines.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1447695114969694210?s=21

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

A perfect addition to a very aptly titled thread. Texas has always been the stalking horse for testing out whether there's an appetite for completely reversing well-established Constitutional concepts. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

A perfect addition to a very aptly titled thread. Texas has always been the stalking horse for testing out whether there's an appetite for completely reversing well-established Constitutional concepts.

even when the answer is a resounding "no, there is no appetite for that" the response is 🙉

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

even when the answer is a resounding "no, there is no appetite for that" the response is 🙉

But also, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://buff.ly/3AwQM5D?fbclid=IwAR2GzZOsBzEXPTVWrG52Jw5V-jDrmt_i5_6Jc6yO8rifRS4d-IZSVG9TvPY

When a Southlake parent attempted to donate “In God We Trust” signs written in Arabic and decorated with rainbow colors, the school board president informed him that schools already have enough posters displaying the national motto.

But under a new law, Texas public schools are required to hang posters emblazoned with “In God We Trust” if someone donates a poster or framed copy to a campus.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
https://buff.ly/3AwQM5D?fbclid=IwAR2GzZOsBzEXPTVWrG52Jw5V-jDrmt_i5_6Jc6yO8rifRS4d-IZSVG9TvPY

When a Southlake parent attempted to donate “In God We Trust” signs written in Arabic and decorated with rainbow colors, the school board president informed him that schools already have enough posters displaying the national motto.

But under a new law, Texas public schools are required to hang posters emblazoned with “In God We Trust” if someone donates a poster or framed copy to a campus.

holy crap lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Party of small government and freedoms, huh? rough ridin' frauds. Bigotry at all costs.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Insane that law exists. Even insanier that they didn’t want to display something cool.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

That's some great trolling. Amazing that lawmakers had time to craft a law regulating the display of donated "In God We Trust" signs.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
that is a goEMAW level troll