Author Topic: Texas, more specifically Greg Abbott, hates your freedom, and the Constitution  (Read 10451 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
We need an edna master thread trash can
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Whackadoodle gets pretty butt hurt.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Article 5 of the constitution allows for it to be amended through a convention of states. If 3/4th of the states vote to amend the constitution, the amendment goes to each state for ratification. 3/4 of the state's hAve to ratify it for it to become an amendment.  This takes power from the beltway and puts it in the people's hands.  This is pushed by Mark Levin.  Rubio supports this.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Article 5 of the constitution allows for it to be amended through a convention of states. If 3/4th of the states vote to amend the constitution, the amendment goes to each state for ratification. 3/4 of the state's hAve to ratify it for it to become an amendment.  This takes power from the beltway and puts it in the people's hands.  This is pushed by Mark Levin.  Rubio supports this.

Mark Levin is seriously a rough ridin' idiot who has no idea what this country was founded on.  I'm shocked you support him. SHOCKED!
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They should allow Texas to do it contingent on the state paying back every single dollar of federal funds they have received.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Mark Levin is seriously a rough ridin' idiot who has no idea what this country was founded on.  I'm shocked you support him. SHOCKED!

You ever heard of George Mason?

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/02/article-v-congress-conventions-and-constitutional-amendments

“The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress....”
— Article V

Assuming you are one of those "living constitution" morons...

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
They should allow Texas to do it contingent on the state paying back every single dollar of federal funds they have received.

Those "federal funds" come from the pockets of you and me working our asses off in the states.

It's truly amazing how ignorant young people are about the world they live in!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You ever heard of George Mason?

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/02/article-v-congress-conventions-and-constitutional-amendments

“The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress....”
— Article V

Assuming you are one of those "living constitution" morons...

Sorry but plebian anti federalists had jack crap to do with the founding and direction of this country.  Levin wrongly assumes the founders aligned with his political views and he blunders through the history of the development of this country to invent a new colonial past. 

And yeah, I guess I'm a living Constitution person.....because I like things like the 13th, 14th, and 15th, and the 19th isn't so bad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Those "federal funds" come from the pockets of you and me working our asses off in the states.

It's truly amazing how ignorant young people are about the world they live in!

What the eff are you talking about? Even in your fantasy land of money earned in the state going from the state, to the federal government, back to the states, MOST AMERICANS DON'T LIVE IN TEXAS YOU STUPID SONOFABITCH!

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You think Texas gets more federal money than its citizens pay? I wonder if that's accurate.

Also, lol at ignorant edna in this thread.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess I just assume if Texas left it would be a net loss for our country from a fiscal pov

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A few years ago I would have been against this.  IMO Congress no longer is representing what the majority wants them to do.  Examples term limits or a balance budget amendment.  I am peaverd that the representatives of large states block legislation.  Finally, Congress passes laws and the original intent is changed by the courts, regulators, or by executive orders using opinions of creative wordsmith lawyers.  Returning some legislative power back more to the grassroots doesn't seem so wierd anymore.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So what he's proposing is basically the exact opposite of the thread title...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Edna, Mark Levin is a genius. You don't have to agree with him, but when you call people like him idiots, it makes you look pretty foolish.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:38:14 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No Mark Levin is definitely a crazy person.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And yeah, I guess I'm a living Constitution person.....because I like things like the 13th, 14th, and 15th, and the 19th isn't so bad.

Speaking of you looking foolish... Amending the Constitution and a "living Constitution" are two entirely different things. You're like a walking breathing facepalm.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
No Mark Levin is definitely a crazy person.

The way he pronounces constitution cracks me up
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Living breathing" constitution is the most naive and childish thing ever.

It's a rough ridin' contract with amendment provisons. Hey man, pay your loan. Nah, it's a living breathing note and I dont like these terms anymore...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It shouldn't be overlooked that Edna listed amendments as examples of why he favors a "living constitution." Gonna have to add that one to the libtard HOF.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I literally can't even read EDna's posts.  They make me physically ill. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah

No, not really since most of the amendments and changes the right wants to make revolve around a government that is more intrusive and antithetical to freedom, see being able to marry who you want or have equal rights.  The part about them hating the constitution is that right now it limits their ability to inflict their religion and personal agendas on people so they want to change it in order to allow punitive laws against citizens (restrictive voting, no free contract of marriage, no equal protection for gender/race/religion). 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah

No, not really since most of the amendments and changes the right wants to make revolve around a government that is more intrusive and antithetical to freedom, see being able to marry who you want or have equal rights.  The part about them hating the constitution is that right now it limits their ability to inflict their religion and personal agendas on people so they want to change it in order to allow punitive laws against citizens (restrictive voting, no free contract of marriage, no equal protection for gender/race/religion).

None of what you just said is relevant.