Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 136568 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Concert Thread
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »
Because Charlie Hunter trio is playing in albany Michigancat. That's where I would go but that's just me.
Are they good? What are they like?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »
My wife is a big Lumineers fan, so we're headed to P&L tomorrow night (yeah, I know).     What's the setup there for these concerts?   It's very wierd to me that we had to pay for an outdoor concert where everyone else is also just there?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
My wife is a big Lumineers fan, so we're headed to P&L tomorrow night (yeah, I know).     What's the setup there for these concerts?   It's very wierd to me that we had to pay for an outdoor concert where everyone else is also just there?
MS. Wacky and her friends are going to that. I'd get there early. First come, first serve on the concourse. Best of luck!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
Because Charlie Hunter trio is playing in albany Michigancat. That's where I would go but that's just me.

Modern jazz guitar stuff. A little less elevatory version of pat metheny

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »

Looks like it's during the warriors game, would have gone otherwise. :-/

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »
MS. Wacky and her friends are going to that. I'd get there early. First come, first serve on the concourse. Best of luck!

I took mrstdaver to see them a couple weeks ago.  Very low energy concert, which I guess shouldn't really be a surprise.  If you like their music and have good weather to hang outside and booze, then will be fun.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:15 AM »
I can't think of anything worse to listen to than something called modern elevator guitar jazz
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
I can't think of anything worse to listen to than something called modern elevator guitar jazz

It looked like a cool place I'd never been though

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »
Blackhawk is coming to the hat  :billdance:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »

I said Charlie Hunter is not elevatory

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »

I said Charlie Hunter is not elevatory

actually you said "a little less elevatory" which implies that it is in fact elevatory

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2016, 08:59:26 AM »
Roots @ Riverfest with Chappelle introducing them was pretty cool.  Nearly 2 hour set where the music stopped maybe once.  Fireworks started towards the end of their set which gave it a unique feel.

I knew they would do some covers but they may have done more than usual to appeal to the Riverfest/Tonight Show crowd.  Still really good but would like to see them in another setting.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »

I took mrstdaver to see them a couple weeks ago.  Very low energy concert, which I guess shouldn't really be a surprise.  If you like their music and have good weather to hang outside and booze, then will be fun.

so while waiting in line we got to talking and realized I didn't care about seeing it, and she wasn't thrilled about being crammed in P&L, so we sold our tickets for 10x what I paid and went and did dinner and a movie.      :billdance:

and the look of the girl in front of us who drover 5 hours from Iowa after paying $150 for her ticket on stubhub, when she heard me say tickets were only $10.........      :surprised:  :bang:   :cry:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:40:49 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »
Roots @ Riverfest with Chappelle introducing them was pretty cool.  Nearly 2 hour set where the music stopped maybe once.  Fireworks started towards the end of their set which gave it a unique feel.

I knew they would do some covers but they may have done more than usual to appeal to the Riverfest/Tonight Show crowd.  Still really good but would like to see them in another setting.

So Dave ran over there real quick between his shows. The first show ended at 8:45. What time did he introduce the Roots?

Also, Elle King at Riverfest was very good.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
Roots didn't start until 9:30 or 9:45.  I think they may have been waiting on Chappelle.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »

I've seen the Roots about 8-10 times.  The covers have become a big part of their show and why I probably won't see them again.  I saw the for the first time on the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill tour.  I used to be a huge fan of their live show but when the covers started to become a bigger part, I've not made an effort to see them again. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »

Looks like it's during the warriors game, would have gone otherwise. :-/

I ended up watching the game at a shitty Mexican restaurant in San Jose, BUT, there was an amazing mariachi band performing during the game. It was wonderful.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »

I've seen the Roots about 8-10 times.  The covers have become a big part of their show and why I probably won't see them again.  I saw the for the first time on the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill tour.  I used to be a huge fan of their live show but when the covers started to become a bigger part, I've not made an effort to see them again. 

Disappointing.  I would prefer to go to a Roots show to see Roots music.  That said, I would definitely see them again

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2016, 07:45:48 AM »
Saw your girlfriend Saturday night. Was decent for a free concert at house of blues.

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »
Ryan Bingham and Brian Fallon at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa. September 18th

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:03 PM »

So Dave ran over there real quick between his shows. The first show ended at 8:45. What time did he introduce the Roots?

Also, Elle King at Riverfest was very good.

Roots started at 10.  Dave was just hanging out at Mort's later that night.  Apparently no one spoke to him for the first 10 minutes or so.  He was just sitting at the bar by himself.  Finally someone was like, holy eff, that's Eddy Murphy. 

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »
Tame Impala at Red Rocks late August  :excited:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »
Ticketmaster concert list is live.  I have about 100 free tix so if anyone sees one they want to see, let me know.

Closest to MHK that I saw was St Louis

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.73912658.1710836373.1466531725

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2016, 01:24:32 PM »
Ticketmaster concert list is live.  I have about 100 free tix so if anyone sees one they want to see, let me know.

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.73912658.1710836373.1466531725

If serious, the prophets of rage show on 9/10 that, as discussed in the atheist-ish thread, I still need to get tickets for pvegs, me and maybe one more, is on that list and I would take. I'm gonna look to see if I have any access to free tickets but I doubt it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »

If serious, the prophets of rage show on 9/10 that, as discussed in the atheist-ish thread, I still need to get tickets for pvegs, me and maybe one more, is on that list and I would take. I'm gonna look to see if I have any access to free tickets but I doubt it.

I can get lawn GA or pit GA