Author Topic: L-Austin Translation; UT ADV  (Read 5642 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: L-Austin Translation; UT ADV
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »
good enough to move into first place!   :ksu:

We also surpassed Texas in kenpom, even with the loss.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »

This season is a success for oscar no matter what happens the rest of the way.

I may be overestimating the tucks, but although they will never admit defeat in the Martin vs Weber argument, I think if this season goes south badly that a fair amount of them will consent to hating both and forget the former argument entirely. Then oscar is in the crosshairs, and that is certainly not in his best interest.
I attended the game at intrust and don't believe you are correct. We have Claws and no bad apples and almost beat West Virginia. He's golden.

I may not be right, but I won't accept that until it's present reality. The interim is just too damn depressing, which I must think is somehow worse than the actuality of oscar being lifetime coach of the Cats. John Currie has got us all between a rock and oscar Weber...a really shitty place to be.
can we get some art depicting this? Between a rock and a oscar Weber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 11:46:15 PM »
good enough to move into first place!   :ksu:

We also surpassed Texas in kenpom, even with the loss.

what a night!
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 06:30:14 AM »
Holefighters.  Jump in a hole.  Fight like hell. The oscar Holefighters.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 07:09:32 AM »

held ut to 26.1% from 3.   :)

Well, we are the #1 3PT% defense in the country, sys.

And by contrast, we are nearly last offensively in 3pt%. Only 7 teams in the country shoot worse from 3.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
L-Austin Translation; UT ADV
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 07:11:56 AM »
John Currie is not available this morning, he's holed in a Dallas hotel room conjuring up new deflective marketing slogans.

Hotel staffer insiders say a large white board is about half full so far.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 07:53:29 AM »
I mean, we couldn't be any more fool's goldy. When Wooly preached to us about it, this is the team he was talking about.

For 2 Big 12 games in the 2nd half/OTs the Cats are 1-21 from behind the arc (4.7%). Its really amazing shooting ineptituge.

If you've watched every K-State basketball game this year, you've only seen teams combine to make 26.0% of their 3PT attempts.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 08:43:41 AM »
I really admire you guys that can mount up every year for what you have to know in your heart is going to be failure.  I just don't have the stomach to do it. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »
I really admire you guys that can mount up every year for what you have to know in your heart is going to be failure.  I just don't have the stomach to do it. 

Its what I do. I don't have cynical/smart-assy in my nature I guess. I'm sure it makes #brucketball easier to deal with.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 09:20:34 AM »

I watched Jessica Jones last night and checked this blog like 2 hrs after the game to see if I should even.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 09:22:32 AM »

Its what I do. I don't have cynical/smart-assy in my nature I guess. I'm sure it makes #brucketball easier to deal with.

Surely you have a breaking point where frustration takes over.  I mean, I love what you do for this blog, but you obviously watch the game with your head more than your heart.  At some point your heart has to tell your head to eff off, right?  I think that just happens faster for others.  Not that either is bad. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:09:48 AM by CNS »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 09:59:02 AM »

i'm with wet willie. i just can't get up for it anymore, and this is not just oscar but stems from decades of wasted time. when we're good, i'll bandwagon the crap out of us, but when we're not i get a lot more enjoyment doing productive things and participating in the bbs'ing aftermath than watching the actual product.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 10:06:43 AM »

Wow - I'll ride through any storm with the team but rely pretty heavily on my cynical/smart-assy nature to pull it off.  I can't imagine any other way.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »
the last two games have sent me from optimistic to almost complete apathy. i watched 'Making a Murderer' instead of the game last night. as good as i thought we looked at times in the non-con, we didn't beat ANYONE worth a damn.

the last two games have been close, but it's that that feeling of having absolutely no confidence that they'll find a way to win that ruins it. and with a normal coach/team, i'd be excited about the young players and potential for next year, but oscar has shown no ability to build on that at any point in the last decade.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 10:11:11 AM »
I keep thinking about that old Ozzy song about that road to no where. 

I think that sums up KSUMBB well.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »
and with a normal coach/team, i'd be excited about the young players and potential for next year, but oscar has shown no ability to build on that at any point in the last decade.

This is pretty much where I fall, but as an optimist (to a fault) I stay with it.

To be fair, I was unable to watch any of last night's game which I'm sure reduces the frustration with the results of losing another close winnable game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
and with a normal coach/team, i'd be excited about the young players and potential for next year, but oscar has shown no ability to build on that at any point in the last decade.

This is pretty much where I fall, but as an optimist (to a fault) I stay with it.

To be fair, I was unable to watch any of last night's game which I'm sure reduces the frustration with the results of losing another close winnable game.

Even while we were winning the result of that game felt very inevitable

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 10:20:09 AM »
Chat was good.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 10:34:37 AM »

Even while we were winning the result of that game felt very inevitable

I kind of felt like that hokey LHC Bill Snyder commercial they played all the time when he came back, and my brain was John Weald saying, "Is there any doubt?"
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »
the last two games have sent me from optimistic to almost complete apathy. i watched 'Making a Murderer' instead of the game last night. as good as i thought we looked at times in the non-con, we didn't beat ANYONE worth a damn.

the last two games have been close, but it's that that feeling of having absolutely no confidence that they'll find a way to win that ruins it. and with a normal coach/team, i'd be excited about the young players and potential for next year, but oscar has shown no ability to build on that at any point in the last decade.
"having absolutely no confidence that they'll find a way to win.."
This is pretty much it for me as well. I felt like being behind more than one point was too deep a hole to dig out of.  And it has been that way most of the year.  I am still wanting to watch every game, and will continue to go, but there is little excitement for me when the game is close at the end and we are behind. I kind of acquiesce to defeat at that point so when the horn sounds its less than shocking.
I also felt that way during the football season. During years past, when we were within ten points in the fourth quarter I was fairly confident we would find a way to win.  This year I never felt that way even one game.
And yes, I will still set expectations and be disappointed...it's better for me than having none.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »

held ut to 26.1% from 3.   :)

Well, we are the #1 3PT% defense in the country, sys.

And by contrast, we are nearly last offensively in 3pt%. Only 7 teams in the country shoot worse from 3.

being an extreme outlier is always fun.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
This season has been played exactly how Jim Wooldridge would have drawn it up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
sys and renocat have a lot of explaining to do, this team sucks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
This season has been played exactly how Jim Wooldridge would have drawn it up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yep.  9 losses by a total of something like 14 pts one year.  Infuriatingly infuriating

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
sys and renocat have a lot of explaining to do, this team sucks

maybe you missed that kstate climbed over ut in the kenpoms last night.