Author Topic: It's Leavitt  (Read 72757 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It's Leavitt
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
I mean, Dimel knows this program as well as anyone and has coordinated some great offense since he's been here.

I view it as keeping Dimel and the offensive staff plus adding probably a better defensive coordinator and staff.

I'm thinking Miller, Mo, and Hayes minimum are gone if Leavitt is here with some younger assistants. Of course Dimel could have a problem because he wasn't hired and leave if that happens.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »

I mean, Dimel knows this program as well as anyone and has coordinated some great offense since he's been here.

I view it as keeping Dimel and the offensive staff plus adding probably a better defensive coordinator and staff.

I'm thinking Miller, Mo, and Hayes minimum are gone if Leavitt is here with some younger assistants.

Dimel could also do all that.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »
Southern Illinois was a mid major with tradition before oscar arrived. oscar is just a poor comparison for Leavitt IMO.

I'm not saying that there aren't questions based on what he did at South Florida because he never did more than have okay seasons in the Big East, but he did build the program from scratch and was a solid coach there.

You're rapping with a guy who was devasted when we didn't hire Manny Diaz, so please, save your well reasoned breath from any moron who would deny tjat Leavitt has been anything other than succesful everywhere he's been.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2016, 05:51:46 PM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here.

I love PJ Fleck, almost as much as I love Sisco but I love K-State more. I wish I had the means to fight every single "K-Stater" who thinks a head coach, from Western Michigan or South Florida, is beyond our reach. The will certainly is there but I need an address list and immunity. I mean LOfuckingL at PJ Fleck not crawling over broken glass to get here if we offered him that job.

I mean I'll fight you just for fun, but you are most likely wrong. Fleck has had Big 10 options. They were shitty options, but in a stable conference. I love KSU too, but I'm realistic.

Also, I don't enjoy the thong song either.

You think Purdue is a better job than K-State?  :sdeek:

Probably not, but Purdue would prob pay more and he would have to deal with less bullshit there. Plus, he didn't "walk over glass" or even accept the Purdue job. I mean, Oregon hired Willy Taggert!!! I think Taggert or pretty much anyone from the Harbaugh tree would be great, but none of them or PJ Fleck are waiting and hoping to follow Snyder and come here.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
Why would Purdue pay more than us?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
Southern Illinois was a mid major with tradition before oscar arrived. oscar is just a poor comparison for Leavitt IMO.

I'm not saying that there aren't questions based on what he did at South Florida because he never did more than have okay seasons in the Big East, but he did build the program from scratch and was a solid coach there.

You're rapping with a guy who was devasted when we didn't hire Manny Diaz, so please, save your well reasoned breath from any moron who would deny tjat Leavitt has been anything other than succesful everywhere he's been.
Haha, where do you come up with this stuff

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »

No idea if they would or wouldn't. I bet they probably would or would come close to what JC would offer the next coach though. It doesn't really matter, he brought up Purdue which doesn't really matter because Fleck didn't go there and probably didn't even consider it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2016, 05:59:41 PM »

No idea if they would or wouldn't. I bet they probably would or would come close to what JC would offer the next coach though. It doesn't really matter, he brought up Purdue which doesn't really matter because Fleck didn't go there and probably didn't even consider it.

With the way Currie's been investing in football facilities you think he'd go cheap on the coach?  So bizarre that you'd think that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »
I think Leavitt proved more head coaching capability than Dimel, but I acknowledge that the argument for Dimel relies on many of the same foundations as the argument for Leavitt.

If we hired Dimel, I wouldn't go all oscar Weber eff it all, like I have done with basketball, but I would be quite nervous.   I'd shut my mouth and "support him" or whatever, tho.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »
Also, I actually like that Leavitt is part crazy. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
I definitely think we should offer those guys first but think there are maybe 4-5 any given year and we will be the second or third tier to pick through them.

Leavitt is way better than Fleck, and more accomplished than Herman and Malzahn.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »
Trump outlaws football in his first month after the super bowl. KSU football ends having vanquished its nemesis and Snyder with 200+ and us all knowing we were basically the 2017-18 national champs. Hang the banner, don't sweat any of this.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here.

I love PJ Fleck, almost as much as I love Sisco but I love K-State more. I wish I had the means to fight every single "K-Stater" who thinks a head coach, from Western Michigan or South Florida, is beyond our reach. The will certainly is there but I need an address list and immunity. I mean LOfuckingL at PJ Fleck not crawling over broken glass to get here if we offered him that job.

I mean I'll fight you just for fun, but you are most likely wrong. Fleck has had Big 10 options. They were shitty options, but in a stable conference. I love KSU too, but I'm realistic.

Also, I don't enjoy the thong song either.

You think Purdue is a better job than K-State?  :sdeek:

Probably not, but Purdue would prob pay more and he would have to deal with less bullshit there. Plus, he didn't "walk over glass" or even accept the Purdue job. I mean, Oregon hired Willy Taggert!!! I think Taggert or pretty much anyone from the Harbaugh tree would be great, but none of them or PJ Fleck are waiting and hoping to follow Snyder and come here.

R u in sane?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2016, 06:21:09 PM »

R u Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2016, 06:25:34 PM »
Fsd, u r a giant weirdo

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2016, 06:26:18 PM »
I am curious how Leavitt is more accomplished than Gus.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:38 PM »
Leavitt had, like, a .667 winning % at USF when it went from D2 straight into the Big East, when the Big East was a legitimate conference. He turned a CU dumpster fire of a defense into a top defense in months. He has quality NFL experience. About 110 of 120 D1 programs would be legit jacked to land him, and somehow, someway, there are mongoloided idiots who think he's in parity with or below pj fleck or willie taggert.  :ROFL: You can't make this crap up folks.

I'd be bummed with Bill Belichick but think McDaniels is awesome because he's younger and something derp derp duhr

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2016, 06:40:44 PM »
Leavitt is Taggart's coordinator, so obviously people in charge of hiring coaches think Leavitt is a tier below Taggart.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
Why not just hire Dimel if you all are ok with Leavitt? Is starting a program from scratch 25 years ago really relevant today?

because with JL we still get dimel but also leavitt (hopefully). none of that crap is relevant. but jim leavitt turning dumpster fire CU into what it was is relevant. quit ignoring that. he's not suddenly a candidate for what he did at south florida. he's a candidate for the same reason he's now the highest paid assistant in the Pac. and I'm not saying JL is some kind of a homerun, I'm just saying you're being a dumbass going anti on the SF talking point.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »
It is true, that 25-26 conference record is a staggering accomplishment.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:40 PM »
Leavitt is Taggart's coordinator, so obviously people in charge of hiring coaches think Leavitt is a tier below Taggart.

$1.15 million coordinator (e.g., more $$ than the purdue hc makes)
 :lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
Why not just hire Dimel if you all are ok with Leavitt? Is starting a program from scratch 25 years ago really relevant today?

because with JL we still get dimel but also leavitt (hopefully). none of that crap is relevant. but jim leavitt turning dumpster fire CU into what it was is relevant. quit ignoring that. he's not suddenly a candidate for what he did at south florida. he's a candidate for the same reason he's now the highest paid assistant in the Pac. and I'm not saying JL is some kind of a homerun, I'm just saying you're being a dumbass going anti on the SF talking point.
Hes a good def coordinator no doubt, but its his ability to be head coach that is questionable.   

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2016, 06:50:32 PM »

He's getting way too much credit for CU this year.  Mike Gundy hung 40 on his vaunted defense.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »

He's getting way too much credit for CU this year.  Mike Gundy hung 40 on his vaunted defense.

Well if the argument is that he was the reason that defense turned around, then wouldn't the implosion without him strengthen the argument for him? :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »
leavitt is no homerun guys. I don't think a single person is saying that. we're discussing his spot on the burn it down/ ok fine / OMG scale. He's firmly ok fine imo.