Author Topic: NATHAN FOR YOU  (Read 14526 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NATHAN FOR YOU
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2020, 02:28:23 AM »
:sdeek:

Is this in reaction to this week's episode, because HOLY crap! I couldn't watch, it made my stomach hurt. BTW it was the first episode my wife watched, she thought it was hilarious.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »

Is this in reaction to this week's episode, because HOLY crap! I couldn't watch, it made my stomach hurt. BTW it was the first episode my wife watched, she thought it was hilarious.

Yeah.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2020, 11:33:46 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »

Yeah.
I watched it with my teenage daughter after the first episode was so sweet. Mortifying but kinda hilarious

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2020, 12:00:13 AM »
lol I texted Trim about the furniture covering episode and he said "did you see what happened to michigancat?" and this is rough ridin' hilarious.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »
 :ROFL:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2020, 10:09:37 PM »
Quote from: stevesie and trim

Everyone come make stevesie feel good.

I liked the small talk and check-splitting best.

I think so.  It looks natural when you see him talking in the youtube vid on this page (gE exclusive, no texts).

50 hours?

Do you mean how many times did an episode totally diverge from the initial subject intentionally, or behind the scenes ideas they had to star that they merged into an episode?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2020, 03:52:19 AM »
Check splitting was 100% the best. That scene where he describes his birthday, where he makes it seem like he's the blond curly haired dude, that wasn't him, he looks nothing like that.

Every episode had two storylines, the literal one based on the title and then a parallel storyline loosely based on the title.

Finally the footage came first, the production came later. I read a bunch of articles on John Wilson and this show, I think this is the one that describes the production of the show
https://filmmakermagazine.com/110494-i-dont-have-the-prosthetics-team-sacha-baron-cohen-does-john-wilson-on-his-hbo-show-how-to-with-john-wilson/#.X8YRsZlMEwB

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »
I was dying when they showed the guy's daughter trying to ignore her dad talking about his contraption.  I picture a similar experience for Michigancat's daughter while watching it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2020, 09:18:12 AM »
I read a bunch of articles on John Wilson and this show, I think this is the one that describes the production of the show
https://filmmakermagazine.com/110494-i-dont-have-the-prosthetics-team-sacha-baron-cohen-does-john-wilson-on-his-hbo-show-how-to-with-john-wilson/#.X8YRsZlMEwB

:thumbs:

That’s generally how I envisioned it but cool to see all the detail.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2020, 09:20:13 AM »
I really think he had roughly a thousand hours of footage and had to tie it together somehow so he ended up having two story lines each episode because he had so much to use.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2020, 09:21:27 AM »
i need to watch this.

fwiw i'm currently wearing a summit ice jacket and summit ice socks. #denynothing

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2020, 09:25:22 AM »
I was dying when they showed the guy's daughter trying to ignore her dad talking about his contraption.  I picture a similar experience for Michigancat's daughter while watching it.

No we were both shrieking in horror and she looked away and I helped cover her eyes until it was over. AND THEN IT STARTED AGAIN BUT WORSE SOMEHOW. And I remembered I actually skipped the scaffolding episode because it had the "sexual content" warning. I thought the nudity for the furniture one was just going to be a butt or something on the street.

Also the daughter in the ep was ignoring the dad asking anyone if they wanted a grapefruit spritzer. I was genuinely saddened by it.

BTW did you guys catch kyle maclachlan in episode 1? I kept looking for other celebrities throughout the show. I thought some of the restaurant scenes might have had some NY celebrities.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »
fwiw i'm currently wearing a summit ice jacket and summit ice socks. #denynothing

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2020, 09:33:48 AM »
BTW did you guys catch kyle maclachlan in episode 1? I kept looking for other celebrities throughout the show. I thought some of the restaurant scenes might have had some NY celebrities.

Nope. The reviews for that episode all talked about a celebrity cameo but I missed that and any others.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »
One time, when DLew had credentials to be in the press box, I caught him walking toward said box. We caught up for 5mins before he had to go, and I legit paused mid sentence and go "holy crap, is that a Summit Ice jacket?!" and believe it or not, the answer was "yes".

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2020, 09:42:37 AM »
One time, when DLew had credentials to be in the press box, I caught him walking toward said box. We caught up for 5mins before he had to go, and I legit paused mid sentence and go "holy crap, is that a Summit Ice jacket?!" and believe it or not, the answer was "yes".
it's actually a pretty nice jacket.  i'm one of those weirdos who, in the winter time, wears jackets like they're sweaters or something.  drives my wife crazy, but hey it's comfortable and an important reminder of perhaps the greatest atrocity of the 20th century.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2020, 09:45:39 AM »
I remember thinking "that looks very comfy"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:15 AM »

Also the daughter in the ep was ignoring the dad asking anyone if they wanted a grapefruit spritzer. I was genuinely saddened by it.

I took it as her dad is always having people over and talking about his dick device and she just wants no part in interacting with him while this is happening.

I'm also now concerned about DLew's wife having a problem with that jacket.  Don't let her off the hook for her real reasoning.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2020, 10:05:50 AM »

I took it as her dad is always having people over and talking about his dick device and she just wants no part in interacting with him while this is happening.

I'm also now concerned about DLew's wife having a problem with that jacket.  Don't let her off the hook for her real reasoning.

Fun fact: I was asked to be the best man in DLew's wedding but once I heard about his bride's stance on his jacket I politely declined.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2020, 10:14:51 AM »
Way to take a stand.  I probably would've wussed out and accepted but definitely addressed it in the toast.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »

you're absolutely right, but it was edited in a way to make it seem like she specifically ignored a direct question which made me extra sad.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2020, 10:30:17 AM »

She claims that wearing a jacket all day long is weird, but I think we all know the real reason, and tbh it troubles me a lot too.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile