Author Topic: Summer Jobs  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Summer Jobs
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »
Hey guys, my uncle just gave me his 1997 Ford Focus and I'm needing to get a summer job so I can put gas in it and to save some money to put like a sweet sterio system in it.  I have another uncle who has a mowing/landscape business and I could make like $9.50/hour and I could get a sweet farmers tan, but I know it would cut into my time at the local pool chillen with the hunnies, but that is some good jack.  I think I might take a job at McDonalds mostly because it is 2nd shift and I could hang at the pool in the early afternoon then go to work.  It only pays $7.50/hr but Sara R. is going to work there and I have been trying to hook up with her for the past 3 months. 

Anyone have any advice?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
That's a pretty solid plan.  For my summer gas money, I had just been planning on photocopying dollar bills and putting them in the super old change machine at the car wash at 7th and Gage.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »
Hey guys, my uncle just gave me his 1997 Ford Focus and I'm needing to get a summer job so I can put gas in it and to save some money to put like a sweet sterio system in it.  I have another uncle who has a mowing/landscape business and I could make like $9.50/hour and I could get a sweet farmers tan, but I know it would cut into my time at the local pool chillen with the hunnies, but that is some good jack.  I think I might take a job at McDonalds mostly because it is 2nd shift and I could hang at the pool in the early afternoon then go to work.  It only pays $7.50/hr but Sara R. is going to work there and I have been trying to hook up with her for the past 3 months. 

Anyone have any advice?

Dang.  My mom said she'd let me mow her lawn for $20 and then grandma's for $30 (she will pay me, AND grandma usually forgets and pays me too!)  I said "fine mom."  So I used Windows 97 on my mom's computer in the den to type up a contract with some fine print.   :gocho:

It says I get to mow the lawn AT LEAST 3 times a week, but only have to weed whack ONCE!   :driving:

So I figure I will be raking in the cash and sitting poolside while you fetch me a drink for Rachel M. and me.  ALSO:  My big bro usually hangs with his '98 Ram with mudders on it at Pillsbury and he said he would take me out there if I didn't have anything to do.  Basically guaranteed to talk to some bikini babes out there.

All in all, sounds like your summer pretty much sucks and mine is awesome. :lol:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
That's a pretty solid plan.  For my summer gas money, I had just been planning on photocopying dollar bills and putting them in the super old change machine at the car wash at 7th and Gage.

Yeah I tried that the other day but ran out of ink in our HP inkjet.  When mom told me I had to pay for the ink catridge I about had a heart attack, those bastards cost like $40 a peice and she would not let me by the refills.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

Anyone have any advice?

Dang.  My mom said she'd let me mow her lawn for $20 and then grandma's for $30 (she will pay me, AND grandma usually forgets and pays me too!)  I said "fine mom."  So I used Windows 97 on my mom's computer in the den to type up a contract with some fine print.   :gocho:

It says I get to mow the lawn AT LEAST 3 times a week, but only have to weed whack ONCE!   :driving:

So I figure I will be raking in the cash and sitting poolside while you fetch me a drink for Rachel M. and me.  ALSO:  My big bro usually hangs with his '98 Ram with mudders on it at Pillsbury and he said he would take me out there if I didn't have anything to do.  Basically guaranteed to talk to some bikini babes out there.

All in all, sounds like your summer pretty much sucks and mine is awesome. :lol:
:lol: at hanging with big bro.  I got my own wheels and I'm going to hook it up with some sweet speakers and stuff.  You will be able to hear me from miles away.  (

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »
Good luck picking up chicks in a Ford Focus!   :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Life guarding at Cico.   :gocho:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »
Life guarding at Cico.   :gocho:

Nice, I wanted to do something like that but could not tread water for 20 minutes or hold my breath for longer than 40 seconds.  And now that I'm playing summer baseball with the traveling team (just found out 10 min ago)  I may not be able to work as much as I wanted to get the sterio I wanted.  Oh, well Sara said she would go drving with me some time when I get the Focus up and running better, needs some work, I think it's just a couple of belts and junk like that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
my uncle just gave me his 1997 Ford Focus

sheesh, talk about a silver spoon.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »
my uncle just gave me his 1997 Ford Focus

sheesh, talk about a silver spoon.

pffftt, just spit out food. Lol

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
I'll probably just work at the Taco Via again, 7 bucks and hour and all the free tacos you can eat! :love: If you come in after 8(thats when the manager leaves) I could probably slip you some free mexican food. Plus its right next to Stonegate pool aka BABE CENTRAL. Scotts sister totally goes there everyday and usually comes in afterwards. I could totally bang her if my assistant manager would man the eff up and get us some sixers of smirnoff ice. He keeps telling me he cant cuz he's on probabtion but whatever I'll just have alex's mom pick some up for me. Totally going to bang scotts sister one of these nights after she gets off work at sonic :crossfingers:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »
I'll probably just work at the Taco Via again, 7 bucks and hour and all the free tacos you can eat! :love: If you come in after 8(thats when the manager leaves) I could probably slip you some free mexican food. Plus its right next to Stonegate pool aka BABE CENTRAL. Scotts sister totally goes there everyday and usually comes in afterwards. I could totally bang her if my assistant manager would man the shazbot! up and get us some sixers of smirnoff ice. He keeps telling me he cant cuz he's on probabtion but whatever I'll just have alex's mom pick some up for me. Totally going to bang scotts sister one of these nights after she gets off work at sonic :crossfingers:

You're not working on Saturday are you?  Going to be over off 90th & Antioch.  Sancho sounds kind of good..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »
In high school I worked summers as a roofer.  Good way to say in shape.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »
In high school I worked summers as a roofer.  Good way to say in shape.

And brush up on your spanish.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
I've had my paper-route since I was like 13. I got like a hundred houses and make like 400 bucks a month. It sucks when I gotta wake up on Sundays at 5 in the morning, but my mom helps me and I've almost got enough saved up to get that sweet ass Trek that I got Pathfinders holding for me (my big bro is friends with a guy who works there). All in all, enjoys McDonalds and mowing lawns, losers. I'ma be cruising back and fourth from my step-dads house to the City Park Pool all summer long in style... :gocho:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:54:25 AM by Pexikan »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 09:22:20 AM »
spent most of my summer months as a youth at Camp North Star

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »
Follow the poon. The money will be short lived, but you'll be jacking to those girls the rest of your life.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »
I'll probably just work at the Taco Via again, 7 bucks and hour and all the free tacos you can eat! :love: If you come in after 8(thats when the manager leaves) I could probably slip you some free mexican food. Plus its right next to Stonegate pool aka BABE CENTRAL. Scotts sister totally goes there everyday and usually comes in afterwards. I could totally bang her if my assistant manager would man the shazbot! up and get us some sixers of smirnoff ice. He keeps telling me he cant cuz he's on probabtion but whatever I'll just have alex's mom pick some up for me. Totally going to bang scotts sister one of these nights after she gets off work at sonic :crossfingers:

You're not working on Saturday are you?  Going to be over off 90th & Antioch.  Sancho sounds kind of good..

No, I usually have baseball games on saturdays so I never work then. Usually work sun mon tue wed thur from 5-cl. I totally hooked up Nick with about 5 tacos 2 sanchos and a nacho last night. He brought it over to alexs house because they all had the munchies, i was going to stop by after work but my mom said I had to help her move some stuff in the basement.  :flush:

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
Snagged an engineering internship. Will be rolling in the dough  :tongue:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 08:15:21 AM »
Snagged an engineering internship. Will be rolling in the dough  :tongue:

My dad has "intern my ass" 1-14.  Are you going to have to blow nerds or something?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »
Do you guys know anybody who needs me to pick up their shift at Dillon's?  Mr. Rich is really riding me these days telling me that I have to work more hours to prove to him that I'm worthy of keeping my job.  He says I got a little rude with one of the customers recently and that he's not sure I'm Dillon's material anymore and I really have to prove my dedication this week if I want to remain an associate.   :ohno:   

If I lost my job it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though, I mean my facial hair is starting to grow in and maybe now I'll be able to grow that goatee.   :cool:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:58:09 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 08:28:07 PM »
Plasma donation is hard to beat

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »
Do you guys know anybody who needs me to pick up their shift at Dillon's?  Mr. Rich is really riding me these days telling me that I have to work more hours to prove to him that I'm worthy of keeping my job.  He says I got a little rude with one of the customers recently and that he's not sure I'm Dillon's material anymore and I really have to prove my dedication this week if I want to remain an associate.   :ohno:   

If I lost my job it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though, I mean my facial hair is starting to grow in and maybe now I'll be able to grow that goatee.   :cool:

That's alright, I know Mr. Peterson's kid.  Should be able to put in a good word for you.