Author Topic: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 2 shooters and a guy with a warrant  (Read 44393 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 3 shooters
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
Struggling to find the relevance

My point is that I think we are not doing nearly as bad in reducing violence as we are being made to feel like.  I also don't believe that gun control laws are going to meaningfully reduce instances of planned terrorist or crazy person mass violence, so I think we should direct our attention towards reducing terrorists and crazy people trying to shoot (or blow) places up.

I think the murder rate has gone down because the crack wars of the inner cities have subsided.  I still think there can be more done to restrict the ability of a psycho to unload 80 rounds on a gathering of unarmed people.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »

My point is that I think we are not doing nearly as bad in reducing violence as we are being made to feel like.  I also don't believe that gun control laws are going to meaningfully reduce instances of planned terrorist or crazy person mass violence, so I think we should direct our attention towards reducing terrorists and crazy people trying to shoot (or blow) places up.

Also, gun ownership continues to increase. More guns, and yet less gun crimes. Whether that is causation or correlation doesn't really matter - but it does call into question the demands for "more gun control."

Buy all the revolvers you want.  Literally.  they should and will always to continue to be legal.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »

I think the murder rate has gone down because the crack wars of the inner cities have subsided.  I still think there can be more done to restrict the ability of a psycho to unload 80 rounds on a gathering of unarmed people.

ATF Form 4473 already asks if purchaser is addicted to drugs, is mentally defective, etc. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
Buy all the revolvers you want.  Literally.  they should and will always to continue to be legal.

So six bullets in a revolver is Ok, but 12 in a magazine isn't?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 2 shooters and a guy with a warrant
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »
mocat  back me up, but i believe that's literally twice as many  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2015, 09:44:52 AM »

Also, gun ownership continues to increase. More guns, and yet less gun crimes. Whether that is causation or correlation doesn't really matter - but it does call into question the demands for "more gun control."

Handguns account for like 99% of shootings in the country, so this seems like an odd stance.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2015, 09:48:39 AM »
mocat  back me up, but i believe that's literally twice as many  :dunno:

I guess it takes longer to reload a revolver than swapping out a magazine. I'll grant you that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
Love the drama about keeping rights from the pubs that all think it great that all our calls and emails can be intercepted without warrants.
I don't think you can say shitting on the fourth amendment is a partisan thing at this point.

I'm not.  I am saying it's silly that we get some life or death breathing story dramatized to relate to the gun debate, but nothing of the sort on privacy.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
Love the drama about keeping rights from the pubs that all think it great that all our calls and emails can be intercepted without warrants.
I don't think you can say shitting on the fourth amendment is a partisan thing at this point.

I'm not.  I am saying it's silly that we get some life or death breathing story dramatized to relate to the gun debate, but nothing of the sort on privacy.
I still don't really see your point.  Is the left not passionate about certain rights?  Are they not hypocritical when they "dramatize" the issue they're passionate about when they're relatively silent on 4th Amendment issues? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »

This is a great post, he's still not going to find relevance tho. :frown:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2015, 10:12:38 AM »

I still don't really see your point.  Is the left not passionate about certain rights?  Are they not hypocritical when they "dramatize" the issue they're passionate about when they're relatively silent on 4th Amendment issues?

I just find their passion about guns silly when the very reason they say they want to have them is to protect their rights, yet, rights are being stripped away and it just is what it is to them.  I am not condoning violence, but it seems like those who want the ability to prevent the loss of rights, through gun related means, would maybe care about that.  If they don't why is it so important to have the guns?

Also, yes.  Hypocrites are hypocrites regardless of the issue.  Again, it's just silly to me that someone wants the means to protect their rights yet here we are. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »
Fair enough.  That makes sense.  Although I don't think every person advocating for gun rights does so in anticipation of needing a gun to fight the government.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »

Handguns account for like 99% of shootings in the country, so this seems like an odd stance.

Usually between people who know each other.  I doubt those can be prevented short of "don't hang out with people who have lots of handguns or your odds of being shot with a handgun go up"

It is a stance based on compromise.  You should get totally used to it, or you will get a musket.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
Fair enough.  That makes sense.  Although I don't think every person advocating for gun rights does so in anticipation of needing a gun to fight the government.

Don't tell them that.  they are totally ready to take on uncle sam. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2015, 10:27:43 AM »

If that isn't the right they are invoking the 2nd amendment for, then they are arguing their point dishonestly.  Nowhere is the right to be a sport hunter or target practice aficionado protected.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »

If that isn't the right they are invoking the 2nd amendment for, then they are arguing their point dishonestly.  Nowhere is the right to be a sport hunter or target practice aficionado protected.

Not at the federal level, but some states have guaranteed the right to hunt. 

Anyway I see your argument as deflecting.  If you want to talk 4th Amendment start a new thread.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »

Anyway I see your argument as deflecting.  If you want to talk 4th Amendment start a new thread.

If what I did was deflecting, something like 2/3rds of this thread needs mod attention.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »
I would probably be okay with repealing all gun laws if we also repealed the patriot act and any other 4th amendment restrictions.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »

he's talking about the bill of rights, which is relevant even if you can't grasp it's relevance.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
Welp.

NYT saying the "woman who helped carry out the shooting....had pledged allegiance to the Islamic state in a facebook posting..."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

he's talking about the bill of rights, which is relevant even if you can't grasp it's relevance.

He said "no where."  I corrected him.  The 10th Amendment protects the rights of the states to do what they see fit.  So it is relevant.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2015, 10:58:21 AM »
Well, as long as we are protecting the 10th amendment, I am fine with bastardizing the second amendment.  Trap shoot away.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2015, 11:02:14 AM »

He said "no where."  I corrected him.  The 10th Amendment protects the rights of the states to do what they see fit.  So it is relevant.

Thank God for the commerce clause!!!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
Not sure CNS knows how the 10th Amendment works.  :dubious:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2015, 11:06:54 AM »
Not sure CNS knows how the 10th Amendment works.  :dubious:

If you pay attention to how it works, 10th amendment is pretty weak.  Even originalists would argue that is how it is in practice today, they just want to change that.