Author Topic: Leftovers  (Read 18345 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Leftovers
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 10:33:28 PM »
Did she force his dick hard too?

A boner does not equal consent.

Word?

What about him asking her "why did you eff me?" I don't equate rough ridin' with rape.

That's like saying "I don't equate shooting a gun with murder". Sure, you can shoot a gun without murdering someone, but sometimes shooting a gun is the method used for murder.

What aboot my second point?

You think that because Tom chose the word "eff" instead of "rape" that it wasn't rape? No, I don't buy that.
If he had said "Why did you eff me, which I really wanted and enjoyed?" then I would buy it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
This is going to get sent to the pit. :frown: I could be locked up and about to die and if Liz Tyler did that to me, I wouldn't be able to contain it. There's such a grey area here.

She's intoxicating, even when she was dressed in that GR stuff. When she whispered in Tom's ear it was equal parts erotic and frightening, I thought she was either going to nibble his ear or shiv him.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
 :thumbs: Yup!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »
her face is kinda weird
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
her face is kinda weird
He's like 28 (IRL) and she's liv Tyler! Don't dispute this!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
her face is kinda weird

She is ok. She's not ugly. But I don't find her super hot or intoxicating or anything. Especially her character in this show. (Like I am sure there are instance of Liv Tyler looking hot in real life.)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »

Word?

What about him asking her "why did you eff me?" I don't equate rough ridin' with rape.

That's like saying "I don't equate shooting a gun with murder". Sure, you can shoot a gun without murdering someone, but sometimes shooting a gun is the method used for murder.

You think that because Tom chose the word "eff" instead of "rape" that it wasn't rape? No, I don't buy that.
If he had said "Why did you eff me, which I really wanted and enjoyed?" then I would buy it.

We agree that we don't equate rough ridin' to rape. Here's my take, he was handcuffed pissed and scared. Then this beautiful woman walks into this trailer and he's all like WTF? She gets super close to him, lifts her dress, mounts him; then he's like WORD! IT'S LIKE THIS, AIGHT! Then she gets off and he's all like WTF again? Then the guys come back in and for a brief sec he's like ALRIGHT I'M FREE! Then he's like, oh no these dudes are going to beat me to death, rough ridin' WHHHHYYYYY? Then he's like, lady why are you letting these dudes kill me, you gave me the good good, I thought we had something. Then he's like OH KNOW WHAT THE FUCKS WITH THE GAS, A LIGHTER NO NO NO NO eff OFF NO WHO ARE YOU WHY ARE YOU BAT crap CRAZY! Oh its Meg? Why do you know my mom? Why did you mount me like a show jumper? Can I get my guy goo back? MOOOOOMMMMM WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK GAAAAAHHHHH.

I'm guessing when he saw her in that VFW he didn't think of the good good but the gasoline. Also did the rest of you spend the entire episode before they danced in the bar thinking, wheres the baby?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »
Guys in that face of danger, in that realm of play, can't help themselves either way! Danger or for play. We're different creatures. If Megan Fox played that game on me and then burned me alive (IRL), I would have definitely lost in the long run.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »
her face is kinda weird

She is ok. She's not ugly. But I don't find her super hot or intoxicating or anything. Especially her character in this show. (Like I am sure there are instance of Liv Tyler looking hot in real life.)

They've definitely made an effort to make her less Liv Tyler-y, they've aged her a bit, but it doesn't work. I think they want her to be someone that men will lose their right mind about but she can't be too smoking that she can't be taken seriously as a maniacal leader. They've done this perfectly.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
more like liz taylor

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »
i was always more #teamalicia

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »
but i agree they are walking a good line with her character, especially since she's only been in what, like 2 episodes this season?  it feels like she's a much bigger part already

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »

Word?

We agree that we don't equate rough ridin' to rape. Here's my take, he was handcuffed pissed and scared. Then this beautiful woman walks into this trailer and he's all like WTF? She gets super close to him, lifts her dress, mounts him; then he's like WORD! IT'S LIKE THIS, AIGHT! Then she gets off and he's all like WTF again? Then the guys come back in and for a brief sec he's like ALRIGHT I'M FREE! Then he's like, oh no these dudes are going to beat me to death, rough ridin' WHHHHYYYYY? Then he's like, lady why are you letting these dudes kill me, you gave me the good good, I thought we had something. Then he's like OH KNOW WHAT THE FUCKS WITH THE GAS, A LIGHTER NO NO NO NO eff OFF NO WHO ARE YOU WHY ARE YOU BAT crap CRAZY! Oh its Meg? Why do you know my mom? Why did you mount me like a show jumper? Can I get my guy goo back? MOOOOOMMMMM WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK GAAAAAHHHHH.

I'm guessing when he saw her in that VFW he didn't think of the good good but the gasoline. Also did the rest of you spend the entire episode before they danced in the bar thinking, wheres the baby?

OK, I just watched that scene again. At no point did I ever see Tom give consent or even indicate that he wanted to give consent. He was saying "What are you doing? Wait. Wait." the whole time she was taking off his pants and her underwear and then straddling him. He didn't say anything as she was thrusting on him but he also didn't look like he was enjoying it. Sure he was moving a bit as she made him ejaculate. Does ejaculating equal enjoyment or consent? I don't think so, but I'm not a guy.

The whole action on Meg's part was a power play, to show that she had power over Laurie via Tom.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 11:20:42 PM »

Liv was much hotter in that video than she is in The Leftovers.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40:19 PM »
well 20 years does that to women

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 11:49:39 PM »

Me too, still in love with her. That video came out the summer before my freshman year of college :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 11:54:39 PM »

Word?

OK, I just watched that scene again. At no point did I ever see Tom give consent or even indicate that he wanted to give consent. He was saying "What are you doing? Wait. Wait." the whole time she was taking off his pants and her underwear and then straddling him. He didn't say anything as she was thrusting on him but he also didn't look like he was enjoying it. Sure he was moving a bit as she made him ejaculate. Does ejaculating equal enjoyment or consent? I don't think so, but I'm not a guy.

The whole action on Meg's part was a power play, to show that she had power over Laurie via Tom.

We definitely don't interpret how he felt about it once she got his draws off. And as far as ejaculating meaning joy or consent, you'd have to ask a doctor but I would think it would be impossible to ejaculate without an erection so I'd interpret them as one and the same

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:40 PM »
you can def. ejaculate without an erection

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 12:03:24 AM »
Ewwwww. I always thought the blood rushing in your wang acted like the engine driving the batter out.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 06:34:40 AM »
Well as I stated before, I do not believe an erection equals consent so even if he did need an erection to ejaculate, that does not equal consent.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
I actually care less about any episode that doesn't involve Justin Theroux.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:52 AM »
So who do you all think will be the hero, who will save Jardin? I'm going to go with Matt.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 09:45:01 AM »
So who do you all think will be the hero, who will save Jardin? I'm going to go with Matt.

Save it from what exactly? The community killing each other? The earthquakes?

Meg seems to be setting herself up as some saviour. What if she really is?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
I'm not going to act like I learn characters names quickly, so here's a cheat sheet for the casual watcher, who doesn't pay attention to that stuff.

https://www.google.com/#q=leftovers+cast

My guy is Matt. I think something crazy is going to happen with him and his wife. I also love aimee and miss her.  :fatty:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »

Save it from what exactly? The community killing each other? The earthquakes?

Meg seems to be setting herself up as some saviour. What if she really is?

Save Jardin from Meg killing most of them. I think she's going to use the girls to lure people to the bridge and then try to blow up the bridge. That random GR leader talked about Meg gathering explosives and before Matt saw her at Miracle she was looking at the bridge supports.