Author Topic: politics of football (ban that crap)  (Read 28423 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: politics of football (ban that crap)
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2022, 05:48:57 PM »
For his sake I honestly hope Tua gets enough guaranteed money and never plays again.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2022, 09:21:59 PM »
Did anybody force Tua to play?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2022, 09:23:58 PM »
Did anybody force Tua to play?

do people with significant brain injuries think clearly?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2022, 10:26:21 PM »
How clearly does a person have to think to quarterback an NFL team, calling plays, audibling, running through your progressions etc.  He’s an adult, he has handlers, he’s old enough to make decisions for himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2022, 11:05:46 PM »
Jesus Christ

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2022, 11:07:39 PM »
How clearly does a person have to think to quarterback an NFL team, calling plays, audibling, running through your progressions etc.  He’s an adult, he has handlers, he’s old enough to make decisions for himself.

Some of these guys are too competitive and in the moment to care about what’s best for them when they’re older

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2022, 11:10:34 PM »
Mohamed F. Tits. Nobody’s responsible for their own actions anymore. We always got to blame somebody else.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2022, 11:11:11 PM »
Interesting line of argument from HugeTwat, here. It's really making me think.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2022, 11:12:29 PM »
Lulz

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2022, 11:19:08 PM »
Despite the tragedies I don't wish for football to become less physical, at least by rule.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2022, 11:20:45 PM »
Also, what happened with tua isn't really a tragedy. Just a scary injury imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2022, 11:40:27 PM »
Don't know how many of you young men saw Joe Theisman gets his leg snapped in half QB'ing for Washington.  Now that was a stomach-wrenching tragedy.
Found the video.
https://youtu.be/JXx7NtCspDE
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:44:56 PM by Katpappy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2022, 01:03:13 AM »
Don't know how many of you young men saw Joe Theisman gets his leg snapped in half QB'ing for Washington.  Now that was a stomach-wrenching tragedy.
Found the video.
https://youtu.be/JXx7NtCspDE

Are we 1-upping tragedies now?  :facepalm:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2022, 01:47:05 AM »
Mohamed F. Tits. Nobody’s responsible for their own actions anymore. We always got to blame somebody else.

It seems pretty clear that you don't know what the controversy is about. People suspect that Tua had an undiagnosed concussion last week. He had a play where he appeared to be either out on his feet, or woozy. People who know about these things more than you and I say he did not sit out long enough in the game to get a full concussion evaluation and he was misdiagnosed with some strange back and ankle injury.

The only way this could possibly be a matter of Tua taking personal responsibility is if you think he has not only the ability to disagree with the team doctors findings and diagnose himself, but also has the ability to make the doctors and his coaches believe his diagnosis.

If he was diagnosed with a concussion he would not have had a choice as to whether or not he played four days later.

Hopefully this makes sense because your arguments here are goofy.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2022, 02:03:15 AM »

It seems pretty clear that you don't know what the controversy is about. People suspect that Tua had an undiagnosed concussion last week. He had a play where he appeared to be either out on his feet, or woozy. People who know about these things more than you and I say he did not sit out long enough in the game to get a full concussion evaluation and he was misdiagnosed with some strange back and ankle injury.

The only way this could possibly be a matter of Tua taking personal responsibility is if you think he has not only the ability to disagree with the team doctors findings and diagnose himself, but also has the ability to make the doctors and his coaches believe his diagnosis.

If he was diagnosed with a concussion he would not have had a choice as to whether or not he played four days later.

Not to mention the fact that, in spite of "personal responsibility" (wait, are we including corporations as people, in this particular context?), we as a society have decided that rules of law need to be in place to protect employees from actual or implied pressures from employers to put themselves in harm's way in ways that affect their personal health. crap, it's happened to me. Turns out there is a lot of pressure to just suck it up, future consequences be damned--and not just for highly compensated pro athletes.

I would like to hear HugeTwat's theory on why OSHA was wrongly passed and offensive to our values.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2022, 03:04:18 AM »

Thanks, I stand corrected. Not the first time I have been guilty of talking out of my ass
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 03:09:20 AM by HugeCat »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2022, 10:39:15 AM »
Was just finnda bring up how employers would absolutely put their employees in danger to save a buck if not for those pesky regulations, but spracs beat me to it. Hopefully this is a teachable moment for HugeChud and not just another drop in the osha

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »
Let the scape goating begin
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2022, 05:42:07 PM »
Why does the NFL even require a UNC? Tua's a big boy. He can make up his own mind. (Query: can he re-make it?)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2022, 06:34:57 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34719946/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-todd-bowles-explains-handling-te-cameron-brate-concussion

In the meantime, team trainers and independent neurologists were encouraged to err on the side of caution this week.

Oh, no crap?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile