Author Topic: building an earthbag house  (Read 6001 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: building an earthbag house
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
:excited:

Bilbo Baggins: "It's the finest weed in the shire!!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
I'm in. 

do you have land or know of anyone who has built an earthbag house before?

Yes and kind of.  I spent an evening once in Eagle Nest, NM, on New Year's Eve and spent all night drinking wine and talking with an older hippy couple that lived in a dome of some sort nearby.  I'll track them down next time I'm out there.  I'm sure they will be very helpful in our mission. 

Holy crap. I've been there. You have a start but nothing compared to Kingston, NM hippies. These people have it down. They can have you 2 built in the time it takes JW's people to build one. Oh, and it would have an elite disc golf course built in the surrounding mountains.
the very fact that domes are a much more solid structure than anything else currently known to man leads me to believe that the dome is the obvious choice when selecting my next living quarters.  i wonder how much of its tensile strength would be reduced if i were to double, or perhaps triple dome it.  anyone who knows pls post here tia.

If you build a dome in the West Plaza area, I will include it on my "Limestone Reality Tour" coming this summer.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 01:52:32 PM »
I'm in. 

do you have land or know of anyone who has built an earthbag house before?

Yes and kind of.  I spent an evening once in Eagle Nest, NM, on New Year's Eve and spent all night drinking wine and talking with an older hippy couple that lived in a dome of some sort nearby.  I'll track them down next time I'm out there.  I'm sure they will be very helpful in our mission. 

Holy crap. I've been there. You have a start but nothing compared to Kingston, NM hippies. These people have it down. They can have you 2 built in the time it takes JW's people to build one. Oh, and it would have an elite disc golf course built in the surrounding mountains.
the very fact that domes are a much more solid structure than anything else currently known to man leads me to believe that the dome is the obvious choice when selecting my next living quarters.  i wonder how much of its tensile strength would be reduced if i were to double, or perhaps triple dome it.  anyone who knows pls post here tia.

If you build a dome in the West Plaza area, I will include it on my "Limestone Reality Tour" coming this summer.

Can't do West Plaza but will build it in southern NM if you bring the "LRT" through here. There is a lot of reality here, really real reality.