Poll

Is WVU Snyder's Final Game Ever?

yes
32 (37.2%)
no
54 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Vote or Die  (Read 7480 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Vote or Die
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »
and explain your vote. Or don't. I dgaf.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vote or Die
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 03:52:41 PM »
I voted no because I think there is still a better than 50% chance we either win out of Snyder doesn't retire.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:05:38 PM »
no -- he won't leave us like this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »
I think yes but I hope no

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
I really hope it is.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »
be careful what you wish for

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »
No. He'll coach our bowl game.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 09:43:38 AM »
:lol: We ain't winning out brah

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
I'm hoping yes, because Snyder should have already retired before the 'Cats became upon the downhill slope they're currently in. They're not going to win out and make a bowl game, and we'll continue to watch the shitty production put on the field by this staff and lack of talent roster next year if he does stay. We've already seen it once, and we will again. History repeats itself.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »
:lol: We ain't winning out brah

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose out, honestly.  :cry:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
I'm hoping yes, because Snyder should have already retired before the 'Cats became upon the downhill slope they're currently in. They're not going to win out and make a bowl game, and we'll continue to watch the shitty production put on the field by this staff and lack of talent roster next year if he does stay. We've already seen it once, and we will again. History repeats itself.
Ya know he got in the same mess in '04.  He had a bunch of QB's, but none that were any good or ready to play.  I agree we will repeat next year, if he stays.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »
The correct answer is "no". 

I have it on good authority that he has a 12 month notice in his contract. Plus, there is some validity to the behind the scenes workings of a new staff that would allow Coach to take a "victory lap" to fulfill his obligation and get to 200 wins.

Best case scenario is the announcement that '16 is the final year with a totally revamped staff that will go on past next year.
bears are fast...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »

I have it on good authority that he has a 12 month notice in his contract. Plus, there is some validity to the behind the scenes workings of a new staff that would allow Coach to take a "victory lap" to fulfill his obligation and get to 200 wins.

Best case scenario is the announcement that '16 is the final year with a totally revamped staff that will go on past next year.
Not if Currie hires a new coach of his choosing.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 10:14:29 AM »

This is a very frightening scenario.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:32 AM »

You mean a HCIW?

Not appealing at all...unless they can hoodwink some superstar into that terrible arrangement (which they can't and won't).

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

You mean a HCIW?

Not appealing at all...unless they can hoodwink some superstar into that terrible arrangement (which they can't and won't).

Not a fan of the term "HCIW", however for the plan I've heard of to work it would have to be somebody with enough respect for coach and passion for the program to allow Coach to stay on in title only for one season.

It's actually our best shot at a good transition as long as its not Sean or anybody currently on staff being elevated to HC.
bears are fast...

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »

You mean a HCIW?

Not a fan of the term "HCIW", however for the plan I've heard of to work it would have to be somebody with enough respect for coach and passion for the program to allow Coach to stay on in title only for one season.

It's actually our best shot at a good transition as long as its not Sean or anybody currently on staff being elevated to HC.
The only person that could possibly fit into a scenario like this that would not cause me to set fire to the stadium would be Venables.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »

You mean a HCIW?

Who would be a HCIW that doesn't suck?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
Leavitt.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:50 AM »
Who would be a HCIW that doesn't suck?
The only person that could possibly fit into a scenario like this that would not cause me to set fire to the stadium would be Venables.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Venables is the obvious choice. We should have a new DC regardless of whether Snyder stays, and as long as he gets paid as a HC during said "HCIW" period, it's still an upgrade from his current job.

Also, a 12-month notice period is basically meaningless. That just means you have to pay Snyder for the next year regardless, then it's up to you whether he actually coaches or not.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 10:47:13 AM »
 :ohno: I

I actually kinda hope that's true, as long as it includes Venzy.  I really want to see him get 200. oddly enough, I probably care about it more than Bill. But again, if and only if this scenario brings Venzy. Which it won't.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
He needs 10 more wins to get to 200. That may take more than just 2016...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »
Some of you dudes are real negative nathans
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite