Author Topic: Feasibility  (Read 18428 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Feasibility
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:00:38 AM »
11:09
[Comment From Mark]
Can you tell us about the basketball practice facility? Any new updates.
11:10
[Comment From johns]
Can you give us some insight on how fund raising is going for the next facilities expansion?
[Comment From Norm]
Regarding the design of the basketball practice facility, will it “blend in” with Bramlage? Will expansion occur on the east and west sides of Bramlage? It would be nice to avoid the final product looking “uneven”. Will locker rooms and basketball offices be expanded with this project?
[Comment From John]
Do you expect to break ground on BB practice facility this year?
[Comment From Chris]
How much progress is being made towards the ground breaking of the new basketball practice facility?
11:13
Thanks Mark, John, Norm, John and Chris... well, everyone, for your questions re basketball practice facility!
The good news is that we are continuing to work on the feasibility of this project. In my mind it is our top facility priority at this moment in time. The initial discussions we have had are very encouraging.
Currently we anticipate that the facility would go on the east side of Bramlage- the master plan would include two courts, offices, lockerrooms, etc.
i'm excited about the progress.

12:12
[Comment From Jack]
You have publically commented about adding additional seating to Bramlage as an additional revenue generating avenue. I think I speak for many, when suggest filling a substantial portion of the large South tunnel with retractable seating in basketball configuration. This would add at least 150+ ticketed seats and eliminate the unsightly grey tarp that acts as a shooting backdrop for our opponents in the second half. Thanks, John. EMAW!
12:14
Thanks Jack- that is a suggestion that has been discussed- -there are some fire code and cost issues with that but it isa good idea - Not sure that'll happen this year but we'll continue to evaluate feasibility.
JC

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=204934759

:bball:   :excited:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Feasibility
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:03 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

Do you forget that Krause actually thought Prince was a good football coach?  Just sayin'.

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

qft.  krause would've been looking at the feasability to construct the practice facility in solid gold.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:27:50 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

Do you forget that Krause actually thought Prince was a good football coach?  Just sayin'.

You are confusing Krause (who I love) with Wefald (who I hate)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »
How many years has this been going on, anyway?  Is there an inexpensive route we can go?  Like a modular practice facility?  I wonder if they've considered that.

Ultimately, this lends more support to my longstanding argument that we should be in the Mountain West.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:45:02 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

Do you forget that Krause actually thought Prince was a good football coach?  Just sayin'.

Meh.  I love your Krause talking point, but he was as big of a headcase as Wefald at the end.  The Krause/Prince secret LLC was ridiculous.  Granted, it was Wefald who moved in with Snyder while Krause was working Patterson.  At least Wefald had the excuse of being partially senile.  JMHO.  

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »
He's a fracking politician. Love it.  :love: :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
what's the feasibility of putting a bubble over the outdoor courts next to the rec center?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:33 AM »
I miss Bob Krause

Do you forget that Krause actually thought Prince was a good football coach?  Just sayin'.

Meh.  I love your Krause talking point, but he was as big of a headcase as Wefald at the end.  The Krause/Prince secret LLC was ridiculous.  Granted, it was Wefald who moved in with Snyder while Krause was working Patterson.  At least Wefald had the excuse of being partially senile.  JMHO.  

LOL at thinking Wefald wasn't behind the Prince agreement.  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:51:23 AM »

FWIW, I think he was involved.  His "I didn't know about this" was very LOL as well.  Amazing what a mess K-State was at the time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
what's the feasibility of putting a bubble over the outdoor courts next to the rec center?
what's the feasibility of dropping the idea of building a practice facility that we don't need, that every k-state fan in the country has convinced themselves that we do need.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
what's the feasibility of dropping the idea of building a practice facility that we don't need

Does merely talking about it while not actually doing anything count as dropping the idea?  

Krause was hired in the first place because he's a puppet and not a decision maker.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:03 AM »
krause's one weakness was his inability to tell wefald no.  a beautiful monster, killed by his own kindness.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 08:09:23 AM »
krause's one weakness was his inability to tell wefald no.  a beautiful monster, killed by his own kindness.

^

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 08:21:11 AM »

FWIW, I think he was involved.  His "I didn't know about this" was very LOL as well.  Amazing what a mess K-State was at the time.

And yet, despite all of the mess, the FBI was never involved. Would take a truly messy mess to be a FBI mess.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »

And yet, despite all of the mess, the FBI was never involved. Would take a truly messy mess to be a FBI mess.

True.  There is a big difference between incompetence and entitlement.  At least incompetence is fairly easy to clean up.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »
we need cheap materials and cheap labor, and cheap designs.  LET'S GET IT DONE.   

-KATSHOOPSFACILITY2010-

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
From what I hear there's not much left to "study" on the facility itself, now it's just the money part, and from what I hear Currie is playing it close to the vest . . . because as I have said there's likely going to be some haters on campus come unhinged when this is announced given the overall financial situation at K-State (and all state schools in Kansas).   They'll be convinced that they're somehow robbing academic endeavors blind to build this thing.

Then again, we are talking about a school that built a brand new $12 million dollar building to support an academic minor program, and are paying a former school pres $255K a year to "work" in that building.  

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
i vote that we just give the basketball team the chester e peters recreation center and build a skywalk from it to bram.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 08:33:06 AM »
because as I have said there's likely going to be some haters on campus come unhinged when this is announced given the overall financial situation at K-State.

Academic Policy Wonks?

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
we need cheap materials and cheap labor, and cheap designs.  LET'S GET IT DONE.   

-KATSHOOPSFACILITY2010-

we made the E8 without one (cheap or golden), not sure why the big deal  :dunno:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »
I second Daris's motion. Only loser frat guys go to the rec.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:44 AM »
I second Daris's motion. Only loser frat guys go to the rec.

knock knock
whos there
chester e peters
chester e peters who
chester e peters rec complex
do the e stand for eats? i bet it does. rofl. rofl. lmao. :woot: :woot:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »
Yes 33 . . . the academic policy wonks.  :ohno:

You know, I'll probably get ripped by a couple of people I know who read this forum.  But I am at the point where I'd rather see one really nice practice court built next to Bramlage on the East side , then build all new nice looking athletic administration offices and ticket offices on the West Side, and let basketball take over the entirety of the old athletic adminitration offices and just renovate and expand the dressing room areas on the lower level.